10-17-09, 11:38 PM   #1
rxvt
A Kobold Labourer
Reversing textures

I've just started messing with oUF and Lua in general (although I know other languages which has kinda helped me wing it so far). I'm wondering if there's an easy way to reverse bar textures. For example: I want the target's texture to be reversed of the players. Is there an easy way to do this?

I've looked around to no avail (random Google searches didn't help at all either), sorry if this has been asked and I just fail at looking.
10-18-09, 01:48 AM   #2
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You have to play with PostUpdateHealth.
bar:SetMinMaxValue(max,min)
bar:SetValue(max-value)

or something like this, i'm pretty sure someone had a message in these forums about this.
10-18-09, 01:55 AM   #3
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know you can mirror textures with SetTexCoord but that is sadly not available to StatusBars

Unless there's some other way, I'd say just mirror it in a editor and save it as a new file.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 10-18-09 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Set, not Get
10-23-09, 06:22 PM   #4
vlakarados
An Aku'mai Servant

I think the thread author means he wants to make his bars fill not from left to right, but right to left.

looking forward to see some replies. really liked that pitbull had this opportunity and would like to replicate this. I've had my player and target frames set like this(arrow pointing to the max values)

[.....<----] [----->...]
10-23-09, 10:02 PM   #5
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
If you want to have a different fill direction then use PostUpdateHealth as Rostok suggested. I believe Phanx's layout has an example of how to do this, it's a little convoluted but simple.
10-24-09, 06:56 AM   #6
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

oUF_D3Orbs uses the PostUpdateHealth functionality aswell.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
11-01-09, 03:07 PM   #7
vlakarados
An Aku'mai Servant

could someone please show how this should be done, I've got the idea but can't find a way to do this in the layout.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Reversing textures