03-26-07, 08:39 PM   #321
Kelthus
A Defias Bandit
PRaid bug

I'm having a problem with PerfectRaid. It seems that it often misses players and simply doesn't show them (e.g. it will show 8 players, but there are 10 in the raid). I haven't figured out what the missing players have in common.

The only raids I join are battlegrounds, so that may have something to do with it.
03-27-07, 04:52 AM   #322
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm trying to track this bug down. ANy information you can provide would be useful, especially if I can reproduce it reliably.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-27-07, 07:32 AM   #323
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
In PvE-Raids, I sometimes have the problem that the last player in my praid list seems to be frozen. E.g. he is always shown as full of health, though he's dead. Or out of range, though he's standing next to me. Or missing a buff though he is indeed buffed with it.
This seems to occur randomly and I have not yet found a way to reproduce it. But I am not the only one in my guild who has this problem. We're using praid r85, because r86 always causes a Dongle error (using current Clique 2.4.5).
Regards
03-27-07, 07:35 AM   #324
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ceph
In PvE-Raids, I sometimes have the problem that the last player in my praid list seems to be frozen. E.g. he is always shown as full of health, though he's dead. Or out of range, though he's standing next to me. Or missing a buff though he is indeed buffed with it.
This seems to occur randomly and I have not yet found a way to reproduce it. But I am not the only one in my guild who has this problem. We're using praid r85, because r86 always causes a Dongle error (using current Clique 2.4.5).
Regards
Could you post the error? Using an old version makes absolutely no sense, and I use currently Praid and Clique together, nightly. I can't/won't waste time looking into an issue with an older version of the addon, but I will work with you to resolve any issues you are seeing.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-27-07, 07:42 AM   #325
trefaes
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ceph
Regards
I posted a similar bug on the bug tracker a bit earlier (here) - using the latest PerfectRaid.
03-27-07, 07:44 AM   #326
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I don't use that issue tracker, as I state in the description of the mod, since I'm not notified via email of those messages. The issue has been reported, and I'm doing what I can to help resolve it.

Again, if you're not running the latest revision of PerfectRaid, then we need to get you up, not that it will be guaranteed to resolve your issues, but I can't be backtracking while troubleshooting.
03-27-07, 09:58 AM   #327
Shinzu
A Defias Bandit
Hey Cladhaire,

Thank you for this excellent addon.

I am experiencing a little cosmetic problem tho.
On your screenshots (and i remember it being like this in old version too) you have the raid in 1 column, but divided into groups with a group number header.
I am not able to recreate this, only way i can get it to show up is in 1 column with no dividing at all...

Would love if there was some way i could make it divide the column into groups like on your screenshot.

Thank you in advance.

Shinzu
03-27-07, 10:31 AM   #328
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Go to the "Raid Frames" tab.
Click "New"

make one frame for each group

click and drag them where you'd like them

Not much else I can do atm.
03-27-07, 11:12 PM   #329
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,

these are the errors i get when using Praid r86 and Clique 2.4.5:

Code:
Date: 2007-03-25 20:36:38
ID: 19
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
   attempt to index field 'registry' (a nil value)
Debug:
   [C]: ?
   PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:1050: activate()
   Bagnon\lib\Dongle.lua:88: Register()
   PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:1110: in main chunk
and

Code:
Date: 2007-03-25 20:53:20
ID: 21
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
   attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
Debug:
   Clique\Dongle.lua:174:
      Clique\Dongle.lua:171
   Clique\Dongle.lua:292:
      Clique\Dongle.lua:283
They are both throws about 20 times, mostly in alternating order...

Last edited by Ceph : 03-27-07 at 11:14 PM.
03-28-07, 04:45 AM   #330
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thanks, both bugs have been fixed for a while, but this is the first report of them. I'll push out updates as soon I get a chance.
03-28-07, 05:17 AM   #331
Shinzu
A Defias Bandit
Thank you
03-29-07, 10:17 AM   #332
Keilun
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
I'm trying to track this bug down. ANy information you can provide would be useful, especially if I can reproduce it reliably.
Hi Claidhaire,

Did you check out my post a while back ago about this bug? I logged it on your google code page. Issue #80. A while back I went into an AV and took step by step screenshots and described what happened at each moment. One part of the bug that appeared reproducible was that filling the last person in the raid didn't update PR (no one having left prior to this point). Perhaps some other event causes PR to miss an update? /reloadui of course fixes the issue. Anyway just wanted to bring up the screenshots I took again in case it might help. They're attached in that issue.

Last edited by Keilun : 03-29-07 at 10:20 AM.
03-29-07, 10:28 AM   #333
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Aye, and I appreciate the bug reports. I'm continuing to look at the issue, but I don't have a ton of time with computers that have access to WoW which makes finding the issue difficult.
03-30-07, 02:27 PM   #334
Haradeas
A Murloc Raider
ace mod
But ehm ho can I show my MT list ? :S
Its gone, I use oRA2 and refeshing the mt list doesnt work :S
03-30-07, 02:30 PM   #335
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Haradeas
ace mod
If you expect me to take you seriously, it would be a good idea not to start something like this. I know more about Ace than you ever will.

But ehm ho can I show my MT list ? :S
Its gone, I use oRA2 and refeshing the mt list doesnt work :S
PerfectRaid doesn't show an MT list.. You must be thinking of something else.
03-30-07, 04:04 PM   #336
Haradeas
A Murloc Raider
ace mod, wasnt pointing to ace mods btw :S
Just saying it is a great mod ...
03-30-07, 04:22 PM   #337
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
OH .. lol.. thats fine then =)
04-01-07, 03:00 AM   #338
Minou
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi Cladhaire,

Would it be possible to include debuff counts showing as a small number behind the debuff name?
This could be handy for some bossfights like Netherspite, where you have to get a quick overview on party member's stacking debuffs.
04-01-07, 10:05 PM   #339
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
yeah, can you post a request on the google code issue tracker?
04-02-07, 12:19 PM   #340
NobleHelium
A Kobold Labourer
PerfectRaid is very elegantly designed and I like it a lot, but one thing that I think is sorely lacking is debuff icons, and showing debuffs that can't be dispelled via normal means. Even if the debuff can't be removed, it's still very nice to know when someone else has a debuff, such as all the aoe damage debuffs, bomblike debuffs, and the like. I play a Warrior, so I can't even remove anything, but I've been wanting to get a raid mod that shows all debuffs in an elegant manner.

In addition, if you could have a way of showing numbers of stacks of debuffs, that would be superb - even Blizzard's Raid UI doesn't do that, and I don't think I've ever seen one that does. It may not be possible with normal means, but perhaps parsing the combat log and manually adding numbers next to icons is possible.

Edit: oops, just saw the post above. Sorry for the repetitiveness.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help