01-04-21, 07:33 PM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Macro for Battleground Defence

Code:
/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{Triangle} %s {Triangle} - CLEAR",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or GetNumWorldStateUI()>0 and "RAID" or "YELL")
I used to have a bunch of BG macros for yelling "Incoming" "Clear" and "HELP"... but I started a new toon to level in BGs this time and they no longer work.. can anyone help me?

The macro is supposed to automatically call out the BG location I am standing in when I press it.

Last edited by Jynks : 01-04-21 at 07:49 PM.
01-04-21, 08:30 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The WorldStateFrame was removed, so GetNumWorldStateUI no longer exists. All extra info frames, such as capture bars under the minimap, world pvp zones, battleground information, and so on was consolidated into a central UIWidgetManager. However, you should just check if you're in a raid to use the RAID channel. Using that macro in an area with an active widget while not in a raid will give a chat message saying you're not in a raid.

/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{Triangle} %s {Triangle} - CLEAR",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "BATTLEGROUND" or IsInRaid() and "RAID" or "YELL")
01-05-21, 08:49 AM   #3
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Hey thanks man... I tried your macro and it seemed to yell in stormwind fine but it wouldn't print out in the battleground to the instance chat... I said /i hello it is was "active" on a enter to chat into it...
01-12-21, 08:34 PM   #4
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Any one able to modify this to work? Teh changes do not seem to send to the battleground instance chat?
01-13-21, 07:37 PM   #5
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ah, my bad. "BATTLEGROUND" was removed a long time ago. All instances use "INSTANCE_CHAT" instead.

Code:
/run SendChatMessage(string.format("{Triangle} %s {Triangle} - CLEAR",GetMinimapZoneText()),select(2,GetInstanceInfo())=="pvp" and "INSTANCE_CHAT" or IsInRaid() and "RAID" or "YELL")

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Macro for Battleground Defence