03-24-09, 03:51 PM   #1
iskander
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation Mount addon

I'm a mount collector, so it's kind of impossible to put all my mounts on my action bars. I'd like to see an addon (preferably linked to Fubar) so when you click on the addon or addon-logo on fubar, you have a drop-down list and you can select any mount that you have and want to ride at that time. An addon that randomly selects a mount doesn't really do it for me since I'd like to pick what mount I want to use.

If such an addon already exists, please do let me know.
03-24-09, 03:56 PM   #2
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Shameless bump of a post of mine that got no response a while ago, but might sound nice to you. Kind of like what RPHelper is to emotes, this would be to Mounts.

Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
Was wondering if anyone knew of a mod that already exists or could take the time to make a mod that would create a button that could be placed on an action bar that would choose an appropriate mount for certain situations. Possibly make it one that when you click on it, you get a ground mount, and when you shift-click you get a flyer.

When I say certain situations, I mean from a RP standpoint. Perhaps have an options panel that allows you to assign different mounts to different areas, depending on the mounts you have available to you. Idealy (for the sake of my example) you would have access to every mount. So if you are in Sholazar Basin, or Stranglethorn Vale and push the button, you get a raptor or a swift zulian tiger. If you shift click in Sholazar, you get an armored wind rider or something else that fits in a tropical climate. If you click in Winterspring or Dragonblight, where it's obviously cold, you get a Frostwolf Howler or some other type of mount that fits the cold. In the Barrens or Borean Tundra, you would get a Kodo or something that can easily be seen wandering the plains. Of if you're in a city, pull out the rarest, most show-offy mount you can possibly find to say "Nya-nya, lookie what I got!!" to everyone you pass.

You get the idea, I'm sure. I just think it would be nice to have a simple button that instead of pulling out a mount at random, could pull one out according to presets that would fit in with your surroundings.
03-24-09, 03:59 PM   #3
iskander
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Your idea sounds nice as well. I'd like to be able to select a mount, which I feel like using at that specific time. So pre-setting wouldn't really work for me, since I never know in advance which mount I want to use. (maybe it's possible to combine both ideas)
03-24-09, 04:21 PM   #4
Rhaethe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I did a quick search through, and found StableBoy.

If you use it as an LDB plugin, you can right click to choose a specific mount.

"- Data Broker Plugin: left-click to summon your best mount, shift-left-click to summon your best ground mount, and right-click to open a menu to mount a specific mount."
Hope it helps
03-24-09, 05:17 PM   #5
aretziel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
you could use Opie ...

There you can make 'rings' that pop up with a keyhit and add icons to them and select ...

Just make a ring for each type of mount - regular, flying, epic etc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mount addon