10-31-09, 11:15 PM   #1461
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post

Look at that sexy memory usage on the bottomz
Hmm.. What's with the chat? Never seen the tabs graphic'd out. I like that!

11-01-09, 03:14 AM   #1462
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

It are basicly 2 frames ontop of the chat frame, with a -1 y offset so the bottom border is hidden. Ontop of the tabs there is a fontstring with Chat and Combat in them, and then I've set the frames up like this:

lua Code:
  1. ncTab1:SetScript("OnMouseDown", function(self, button)
  2.     ncTab1:SetBackdropColor(.2,.2,.2)
  3.     ChatFrame1:Show()
  4.     ChatFrame2:Hide()
  5.     ncTab2:SetBackdropColor(.1,.1,.1)
  6. end)
  8. ncTab2:SetScript("OnMouseDown", function(self, button)
  9.     ncTab2:SetBackdropColor(.2,.2,.2)
  10.     ChatFrame2:Show()
  11.     ChatFrame1:Hide()
  12.     ncTab1:SetBackdropColor(.1,.1,.1)
  13. end)

And I've also hidden the original tabs ofcourse.

You get the idea?

11-01-09, 03:21 AM   #1463
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
@Limb0: Im not arguing with you, just express my opinion, so you may consider designing your UI to meet as many players' need as possible. An UI can be very look-appealing, but so hard to use as the author arrange its elements to suit his own playstyle. People download, then remove it only a day later. Take my UI as an example: my fellow healers really like its look, but never ask me to share as they cant raid without button actionbar as I do

About minimalism, Dawn said it all for me. My UI was once even more "trimmed down", to the point there were only raid frame, chat frame and a small filtered buff bar which all took up like less than half the amount of space you seen in my screenshot. But it also was really inconvenient for chatting, so I made chat frame larger, then the UI as it s now. It may not be "minimal" in raid enviroment anymore, I admit :"(

Of over 100MB memory, a third contributed to Recount, another third to an addon I forgot atm. Theres no way to reduce it after 4 raid hours, and I find it not affect my FPS much (only 1-2FPS), so no problem.

Im not living in US, my lowest possible ping with tunnel is 200, and I had to raid without it to prevent random disconnect. Thank for the addon suggestion though.
My UI is minimalism, after I release it, maybe you could check it out if you like low memory usage?

11-01-09, 07:26 AM   #1464
kronpas
A Murloc Raider
My revamped UI. Not really though, I just go back to the initial design philosophy, with Raid UI in the middle of the screen, and chat frames to the sides.

nothing fancy, as you are standing still in the middle of nowhere. I d like a shot mid-combat, 25m raid

My UI is minimalism, after I release it, maybe you could check it out if you like low memory usage?
Of course I will!

Last edited by kronpas : 11-01-09 at 07:31 AM.

11-01-09, 07:57 AM   #1465
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
Sorry I was busy looking elsewhere.
Lol! I was thinking exactly the same :P

11-01-09, 08:43 AM   #1466
baryzone
A Kobold Labourer
This is The UI I use at the moment.

11-01-09, 09:59 AM   #1467
Staci
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

11-01-09, 04:15 PM   #1468
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

nothing fancy, as you are standing still in the middle of nowhere. I d like a shot mid-combat, 25m raid

It is fancy, 350kB even in the middle of nowhere is nothing. You go stand in the middle of nowhere and look at ur 5MB mem usage

And 25m raid wouldn't matter anything sicne I don't have any bossmods or raid frames yet

11-01-09, 04:22 PM   #1469
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
tbh, memory usage doesn't mean a whole lot. Someone could have a low memory UI that was hell on the cpu cycles. Besides, 5MB out of my 6GB (or the average user's 2GB) isn't a whole lot.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-01-09, 04:37 PM   #1470
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
tbh, memory usage doesn't mean a whole lot. Someone could have a low memory UI that was hell on the cpu cycles. Besides, 5MB out of my 6GB (or the average user's 2GB) isn't a whole lot.
Yup, I also did an CPU test with Addon Profiler, and it was about 1kB(I don't see how cpu is kB, but w/e). The funny part is, 5mb or 6GB isn't a whole lot, but the scales for WoW are different. 1MB memory usage on WoW has a way bigger impact than 1MB memory usage on your computer. To compare with memory impact on your computer you should multiply it by 10 or so. But that's just my 2 cents

11-01-09, 04:41 PM   #1471
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
but the scales for WoW are different. 1MB memory usage on WoW has a way bigger impact than 1MB memory usage on your computer.
No, not really. WoW doesn't have a limit on memory usage. I know people who run UIs up to 100MB that have 0 performance issues. But that's enough off-topic for this thread. If you wish to continue the discussion further, there are other places for it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-01-09, 04:44 PM   #1472
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

No, not really. WoW doesn't have a limit on memory usage. I know people who run UIs up to 100MB that have 0 performance issues. But that's enough off-topic for this thread. If you wish to continue the discussion further, there are other places for it.
K

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

11-01-09, 05:43 PM   #1473
zero-kill
A Firelord

No, not really. WoW, I know people who performance issues. That's enough for this thread.
That's what I read.

11-01-09, 06:19 PM   #1474
Lathbethnin
A Murloc Raider
Idle

Solo combat

The mainbar shows up in combat or when I press shift. Bit more to see when in raid (Grid2, DBM and a more active chat in the bottom left corner). Memory usage in 25 man raids ca. 20-22mb.

Carbonite is only active when I'm farming herbs or ores. No need to have that memory monster enabled when I don't need it <shrug>

Last edited by Lathbethnin : 11-01-09 at 06:23 PM.

11-01-09, 07:54 PM   #1475
Gandoch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

A few notes:
  • Pretty much everything changes color based on class.
  • Player and pet frames auto-hide courtesy oUF_BarFader.
  • This was about the most action and visual noise I could get without a raid or BG.
  • Ever the work in progress.
I'm thinking maybe I'm letting the player buffs grow too far to the right before starting a new row. Also considering filtering buffs based on class/spec and sorting them by time remaining (and trying to come up with clever ways to accomplish those tasks).

Last edited by Gandoch : 11-01-09 at 08:04 PM.

11-02-09, 03:11 AM   #1476
Soeters
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Idle
Casting

I still need to update ForteXorcist Cooldown bar and timers, and change duration and count in buffs/debuffs

11-02-09, 06:19 AM   #1477
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Soeters View Post
Idle
Casting

I still need to update ForteXorcist Cooldown bar and timers, and change duration and count in buffs/debuffs
Both links are dead, hdimage has been ****e the past half year anyways.

11-02-09, 06:27 AM   #1478
Soeters
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Strange since I can see them on my other computer.

Anyway links that shouldn't be dead

Idle
Casting

11-04-09, 03:06 AM   #1479
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Ketevan View Post
Here's mine, after tons of editing the little things.

<snip>

Although I have been trying to create something new.
Come on creativity, come back!
What is your button facade skin?

Very nice btw, I especially like the purple-blue blend on the health bars.

11-04-09, 03:29 AM   #1480
Katheriuh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I MUST HAVE IT! HURRY!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...