12-08-10, 02:55 PM   #1
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Archeology on the map?

Any chance of seeing the archeology areas on the map?

(Not the shovel which is there, but the dig area)

12-10-10, 10:08 AM   #2
oimmuk
An Aku'mai Servant
I agree, I really do not like having to uncheck the "Maximize carbonite Map" in options once I get in the zone.... I would love it to show the red circle at least on the minimap.

12-10-10, 09:04 PM   #3
Puck
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Temp way to see dig area

well, personally I love Carbonite, but when it wasn't updated for a while I switched to Mapster as a temp map because I don't like the default one. Now that carbonite was updated (4.0 at least) and working right, I reinstalled it but also kept Mapster. Now, I use the Carbonite map for everything, but obviously while leveling Archeology, Carbonite doesn't really help a whole lot. So what I did was go into key bindings, and setup Mapster to open with CTRL-M (Carbonite / default map is M) so when I need to see where the dig area is, I hit CTRL-M to pop up mapster (or any other map addon you want) to show me the red dig area. Give this a try, you'll find that in no time you'll be doing this without even thinking about it. Hope this helps until Carbonite gets fixed.

12-10-10, 09:55 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So far I've found that the dig marker Carbonite is currently showing works fine. Once near that spot I don't need to see the actual area, since the direction of the surveying equipment telescope that appears when you dig and the color of the light tells me all I need to know to move in the right direction. The dig marker does disappear as you zoom in, which should be fixed. I also don't know if the area graphic can be accessed by addons.

Thoughts?

12-11-10, 04:15 AM   #5
projecthate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That works out fine 80% of the time for me. Once in awhile I don't dismount quite in the zone or I overshoot the boundary following the telescope's direction. In these cases it's not a huge deal to hit ALT+M to see the default map to figure out exactly where the dig site boundaries are, but it couldn't hurt to include them in the addon if possible.

01-15-11, 07:25 AM   #6
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would love to see a line always draw to the nearest digsite, updating after completing a digsite, with a builtin Archeology Helper type system of marking out color coded regions, to help triangulate the node and show known node locations like a gathering profession. Or I could settle with simply a tomtom like arrow pointing to the next closest digsite.

01-15-11, 11:25 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Manaman View Post
Or I could settle with simply a tomtom like arrow pointing to the next closest digsite.
This is what I've been lobbying for for some time now.

01-15-11, 02:47 PM   #8
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Archy does that - and more. I'm now using both Archy and Archaeology Helper.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Archeology on the map?