08-17-09, 11:19 AM   #1
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb LDB Channel Chat W/ Notes

Not sure if there is one already in existance, (although I have looked at the chat mods/addons and even currently use Prat), but what I am looking for (if it is even possible) is a mod/addon that can be hooked into LDB that is similar to Ara_Broker_Guild_Friends that monitors a selected channel, based on the input of the user who wishes to monitor a specific channel.

Granted I realize I can us the 'O' Key, and click on the chat tab, but what I would love to be able to do is keep Notes on the individuals who participate in a numbered channel. They are not on my Friends list, nor are the part of my Guild list, but it would be like having yet a THIRD list in which I could watch/monitor.

Reason? -- Simply put, I also am a roleplayer on one of the servers, and the channel is used to by several different people, to include those who are not exactly part of our guild, but part of other guilds who are also roleplayers. I do not want to add them to my friends list, because my friends list is used for a different purpose.

Would something like this be possible?
08-17-09, 12:09 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Prat has a module that allows you to assign a different name to players. I use it to keep track of alts, or to put RL names. You could put their guild name or whatever you wish in there instead... But, then, it would show that for each message. For example:

[4.] Acheros (Pete): hey everyone!

Or, you could try http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atmanager.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-17-09, 06:59 PM   #3
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Your Advice is Most Appreciated Seerah!

I will look into Cirk's addon. I had looked at it earlier today, but I completely missed the feature "•Ability to set a short note for each player ..." I think I might have been distracted at the time I was reading about the addon.

And I do love that feature about Prat. I actually use it on the server I play on that is just PVE.
08-18-09, 01:24 PM   #4
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

is http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...nnelwatch.aspx what you need?
08-20-09, 01:54 PM   #5
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by khurzog View Post
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for, minus the notes ability.

I am still going to look at the chatmanager yet, but I simply have been way to busy (as school is about to start for my kids) to even play wow the last few days.

Thanks again to all who took a moment to look and poke around. I really do appreciate it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LDB Channel Chat W/ Notes