07-30-09, 05:46 AM   #1241
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Blinky12 View Post
Was bored so i tried making another :P here it is. Suggesting please, i just started it today so its not finished yet.

I would love to know how you do your buffs in this pic. You using Satrinas Buff mod?

07-30-09, 06:56 AM   #1242
Lissandria
A Murloc Raider
Working on this right now...so far it's just dominos and pitbull that I have had the time to play around with.

Looking for suggestions of what I can do to better place the stance bar. I'm not 100% fond of the current location. Ideas?

07-30-09, 07:31 AM   #1243
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
I would love to know how you do your buffs in this pic. You using Satrinas Buff mod?
Here's a newer pic

Yes i used SBF and anchor KGPanels to them, if your going to try this there is a few things ive found out that you shouldnt do :P
Don't use a % for the Width or Height and open the SBF config while you parent them as it shows all the buffs, atm ive anchored 10 bars ill do more when i can be bothered, the problem with SBF is that some of the icons in config mode are oddly shaped and so may be larger then they would be in normal game play, such as some debuffs, just try and get the frames almost exactly the same width and height, etc although some will be different.

07-30-09, 08:22 AM   #1244
Borrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here is my UI. Still working on it a bit, but the work actually never stops.

07-30-09, 04:27 PM   #1245
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Yes i used SBF and anchor KGPanels to them, if your going to try this there is a few things ive found out that you shouldnt do :P
Don't use a % for the Width or Height and open the SBF config while you parent them as it shows all the buffs, atm ive anchored 10 bars ill do more when i can be bothered, the problem with SBF is that some of the icons in config mode are oddly shaped and so may be larger then they would be in normal game play, such as some debuffs, just try and get the frames almost exactly the same width and height, etc although some will be different.
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a whirl tonight.
The UI looks awesome btw. Nice work.

07-30-09, 04:59 PM   #1246
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a whirl tonight.
The UI looks awesome btw. Nice work.
Thanks m8 although ive changed it again :P i went back to the old slightly altered Kwi unit frames look and im pretty happy with how its turned out, its a lot easier for pvp as well, ill post a new screenshot when its a bit more finished. (i still use the same SBF look though )

07-30-09, 09:58 PM   #1247
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Thanks m8 although ive changed it again :P i went back to the old slightly altered Kwi unit frames look and im pretty happy with how its turned out, its a lot easier for pvp as well, ill post a new screenshot when its a bit more finished. (i still use the same SBF look though )
I like the Kwi remake more honestly. Very slick.
I have to say though making those buff borders with KGpanels and SBF is a serious pain in the ass. SBF makes it hard with it's flaky buff icons.
I got it on 2 and gave up so I have to commend you on your patience alone.
Just out of curiosity, is that a custom border or did you get it from a specific compilation? I can't find a really thin (1px or however thin that one is) border like that.

07-31-09, 06:27 AM   #1248
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

lol this may seem odd, but i dont use a border xD i used kgpanels for everything, seriously i parented a panel using just a 1 px Solid black border for each buff, at first i tried to use a solid bg but that caused problems and so i spent a lot of time making perfect borders, with no fuzzy edges but if you really want a border that is 1 px i suggest http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PixelSkin.html

i started off using it but got frustrated :P

its annoying that i still need to use the memory using Button Facade for the Dream Layout skin, there is probably a better way of removing the ugly blizz borders so i will look for some ractionbutton styler skin when i can be bothered :P

Last edited by Blinky12 : 07-31-09 at 06:30 AM.

07-31-09, 06:53 AM   #1249
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

Here it is:

Combat:

Party:

07-31-09, 08:15 AM   #1250
lanacan
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

lol this may seem odd, but i dont use a border xD i used kgpanels for everything, seriously i parented a panel using just a 1 px Solid black border for each buff, at first i tried to use a solid bg but that caused problems and so i spent a lot of time making perfect borders, with no fuzzy edges but if you really want a border that is 1 px i suggest http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PixelSkin.html

i started off using it but got frustrated :P

its annoying that i still need to use the memory using Button Facade for the Dream Layout skin, there is probably a better way of removing the ugly blizz borders so i will look for some ractionbutton styler skin when i can be bothered :P
Try using !SimpleSquare from Neal's UI to put the border on things. All you need to do in your addon is put a call like this in with the dimensions you want the boarder to be:

Code:
CreateSimpleSquareBorder(Minimap, 12, 0, 0, 0, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4)
There is documentation in the !SimpleSquare folder on what each argument is for.

I'd rather try to use this over setting up kgPannels. (This is how i got my textures in my compilation on my minimap, Filger Icons and bars, and a few other items.

07-31-09, 08:57 AM   #1251
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

Thanks a lot ill try that out

07-31-09, 12:19 PM   #1252
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

My very minimalistic UI:

Unit frames will be shown in combat or on target, Minimap is toggled per shortcut and the info-bar is animated and will slide in when clicked.
The chat consists of two Chicchai-minimized chatframes (one with automaxiziming for important channels, one for unimportant ones).

Action bars are hidden every time, cooldowns via oCD.

P.S: It's still too big (EDIT: I mean my interface :P)

Oh hai!

Last edited by xConStruct : 07-31-09 at 01:13 PM.

07-31-09, 12:23 PM   #1253
lanacan
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Cargor, Just link it don't embed it.

07-31-09, 08:00 PM   #1254
Dawn
A Molten Giant

This is what I'm currently working on. Still need to tweak a lot of things. Like DBM colors and position of some things, for instance. Some feedback would be nice!

It's done with oUF, Filger, MSBT, DBM, Dominos, rFrameRotater around the map.

07-31-09, 11:54 PM   #1255
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
This is what I'm currently working on. Still need to tweak a lot of things. Like DBM colors and position of some things, for instance. Some feedback would be nice!

It's done with oUF, Filger, MSBT, DBM, Dominos, rFrameRotater around the map.
The color is quite bright imo.

08-01-09, 12:13 AM   #1256
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I actually rather like the bright colors. New and different is a refreshing change!

08-01-09, 12:50 AM   #1257
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Anyways, here is mine.

http://p3lim.net/images/082506.jpg

AddOns used:
- Broker_SimpleDPS
- Inomena
- oUF
- + P3lim
- + Mini
- + DebuffHighlight (not shown)
- + ReadyCheck (not shown)
- Overhead (not shown)
- pError
- pMinimap
- Scent
- TipTac

08-01-09, 04:31 AM   #1258
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Anyways, here is mine.

http://p3lim.net/images/082506.jpg

AddOns used:
- Broker_SimpleDPS
- Inomena
- oUF
- + P3lim
- + Mini
- + DebuffHighlight (not shown)
- + ReadyCheck (not shown)
- Overhead (not shown)
- pError
- pMinimap
- Scent
- TipTac
Nice and clean although there are a few things you could change.

- Tiptac doesn't really suit the rest of the UI, you should change its border to a 1 px black one and change the background to solid, semi see-through and black.
- The pixel font next to the time on the minimap is like 1 size too large :P.
-The ToT and bottom raid party row have some pixel problems, this is probably easy to fix by modifying the LUA a bit to change their position by a pixel or two. Ofc you may not care about the borders, i just like things completely neat :P

08-01-09, 04:52 AM   #1259
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

- Tiptac doesn't really suit the rest of the UI, you should change its border to a 1 px black one and change the background to solid, semi see-through and black.

Maybe, though that would include all tooltips there are.

- The pixel font next to the time on the minimap is like 1 size too large :P.

Thats an issue with cargoShip which I use for broker plug-ins

- The ToT and bottom raid party row have some pixel problems, this is probably easy to fix by modifying the LUA a bit to change their position by a pixel or two. Ofc you may not care about the borders, i just like things completely neat :P

I do care about pixel borders, though widescreen + 1x multisampler = a ***** to find the perfect ui scale. sticking with 0.641 for now, since most borders are "ok" with it

08-01-09, 11:30 AM   #1260
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I actually rather like the bright colors. New and different is a refreshing change!
Thanks. The whole UI is made with 2 colors that can be easily changed and everything matches. I used grey and a bright yellow in those screens. I normally have it dark blue and light blue for the borders, texts, etc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...