07-13-09, 08:14 PM   #1
Karnifex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Karni's Crap Filter 3.0 Beta

This is a beta version of my Crap Filter for testing on the PTR, any feedback is welcome!
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=9441

v3.0 beta 1
********** This build only works on the PTR and is for testing. **********

Known Issues:
- None of the Auto-Destroy sub-options work yet, but auto-destroy should work okay. I haven't tried to mess it up too much yet, so what happens in peculiar circumstances (full bags, in raids, etc) isn't known yet. Proceed with caution.
- Doesn't auto-destroy when there is a "loot all" situation...such as looting a skinnable mob when you have the skinning corpse option on. This will be added in the next beta.
- I'm going to clean up some language in the mod, separating "ignoring items" from "marking things as crap" so it will be more clear. With the new quality settings and destroy settings people might assume that anything they mark to not loot would be destroyed.
- I may change the [poor] item filter to include all other item qualities besides [common], any opinions?
- Still getting friggin taint errors from LootSlot() on the PTR, from looting while in combat. This is supposed to be fixed for 3.2.

Things that need testing:
- I don't know if the autolooting on currency items works (Badge of Justice, etc) but if a level 80 could run into somewhere and see that would be great.
- The quality settings are new and need testing.
- Any unexpected behavior

/crap debug will turn on some debug messages, usually whatever I'm trying to fix at the time. It may help if something confusing is happening though.

- Getglobal()s changed to _G[], more efficient
- Quality filter implemented
- Changed VARIABLES_LOADED event to ADDON_LOADED
- Can now auto-destroy filtered items
- Removed price addon dependency, functionality now in-game UI
- Currency items now always looted (Badge of Justice, etc)
- UI improvements: Drag and drop onto blacklist/whitelist
- UI improvements: Remembers last open tab during a session
- UI improvements: Price threshold fields set to zero when their values are deleted
- UI improvements: KarniCrap now closable using the escape key
- UI improvements: Warns on startup if autoloot is on in Blizzard options
- UI improvements: Price threshold fields now tab-able and enter-able.
- Fixed issue that nobody noticed where it wouldn't immediately recalculate poor/common thresholds after they were changed
- New inventory tab added. Sorted by value, you can easily see what your cheapest crap is and destroy it, or destroy all the crap in your bags at once.

Some pics of the new stuff for ya

Last edited by Karnifex : 07-14-09 at 05:02 PM.
07-14-09, 04:55 PM   #2
Karnifex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
If you are helping test this please delete the KarniCrap addon folder before installing this version. It shouldn't affect anything but you'll have extra files that aren't being used.

All the basic functionality should be working and in there now. Let me know if you run across any problems! Again, this build is PTR ONLY

v3.0 beta 2
- Wording changed on some items, hopefully clearer
- Trying to split up the functions into seperate files so the main lua isn't such a mess
- Combined "display when destroying items" with the "display when filtering item" option
- Destroy functionality added to "loot all" function (i.e. fishing, looting skinnable mobs the appropriate option checked, etc...)
- Added coin icons to amount display in the Inventory tab
- Destroy suboptions enabled: Disable when in group, disable when in raid, and only destroy when X or fewer bag slots free

Coin graphics for the inventory screen

Updated destroy options

Last edited by Karnifex : 07-14-09 at 05:05 PM.
07-15-09, 03:06 PM   #3
Karnifex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Haha, this forum seems slightly less than active.
07-15-09, 08:40 PM   #4
Karnifex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
v3.0 Beta 3

Known Issues:
- None in this version that I know of (yet). Seems fairly solid. Well, other than Blizzard's ****ing LootSlot() still throwing taint errors when used in combat. FIX IT.
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...part-2/742141/

Testing needed:
- How I detect pickpocketing has changed and I haven't gotten to test it at all (Thanks EVmaker! ;P)
- Currency items like badges and such need to be tested to see if they actually autoloot.
- General stress testing on the destroy feature.

- Fixed auto-destroy returning an error when bags were full
- Fixed auto-destroy not obeying rules when the bag slot minimum was set
07-19-09, 11:57 PM   #5
Karnifex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
v3.0 Beta 4
Notes:
This version is mostly usability and Inventory tab stuff.
- Put the "enable/disable" checkbox next to the title, seems just as intuitive to me and moves it out of the way a bit
- Added headers to the inventory view, clicking on "Current Value" will cycle through "Stack Value" and "Item Value" displays
- Removed the separate Stack/Item value column, simplified the display
- When talking to a vendor, on the inventory tab the "Crap" column changes to a "Sell" column, with coin icons that let you sell items without digging through your bags
- In the Inventory tab, the text indicator for crap items has been replaced with a button that lets you one-click delete items

07-25-09, 09:15 PM   #6
Karnifex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Does anyone know if this is being caused by taint from LootSlot() or is it something else?

7/25 21:58:43.046 Execution tainted by KarniCrap while reading KarniCrapTab3 - Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:19 PanelTemplates_UpdateTabs()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:8 PanelTemplates_SetTab()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\AddOns\KarniCrap\KarniCrap.lua:1381 KarniCrap_ShowTab1()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\AddOns\KarniCrap\KarniCrap.lua:186 KarniCrap_ToggleFrame()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\AddOns\KarniCrap\KarniCrap.lua:159 KarniCrap_CommandHandler()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\AddOns\KarniCrap\KarniCrap.lua:95 value()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3526 ChatEdit_ParseText()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3176 ChatEdit_SendText()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3200 ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed()
7/25 21:58:43.046 ChatFrameEditBox:OnEnterPressed()
7/25 21:58:43.046 An action was blocked in combat because of taint from KarniCrap - LootSlot()
7/25 21:58:43.046 Interface\AddOns\KarniCrap\KarniCrap.lua:462 KarniCrap_OnEvent()
7/25 21:58:43.046 KarniCrap_Scripts:OnEvent()

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Karni's Crap Filter 3.0 Beta