03-12-22, 01:18 PM   #1
JahirahDK
An Aku'mai Servant

Is [equipped:itemname] possible?

I am trying to create a macro that will accept item name as a parameter in the [equipped] condition but unfortunatly, regular parameters don't reach any further than 'ItemType' thus requiring the use of scripting...

This is what i'm trying to achieve...
/use [mod.ctrl,equipped:<itemname>] 8
/equipslot [mod:ctrl,noequipped:<itemname>]

Any suggestions or feedback is, as always - appreciated:
03-12-22, 01:48 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
equipped:(or [no]worn: which is shorter)<itemname> is not possible.
03-13-22, 04:47 PM   #3
JahirahDK
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
[equipped] or [no-equipped/worn]<itemname> is not possible.
I'm already aware that [equipped/worn] don't accept parameters beyond that of ItemType thus making it impossible when using the standard [conditional] and [modifier] macro API...

I've always found the Wowinterface community to be extremely able and willing to help whenever possible so I'm posting this in the hopes that someone in the Wowinterface community will know how to create a /scripted work-around...
03-13-22, 05:29 PM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The purpose behind macros in WoW is for a secure way to do Blizzard-approved things in combat.

UseInventoryItem(8), which will activate whatever is in your feet slot, should work in combat in a macro since it requires a hardware event (clicking the macro or pressing the key assigned to the macro). However, EquipItemByName("itemName") used in combat will pick up the item instead as if you clicked and dragged it.

The first function was changed to require a hardware event back in 1.6 to prevent addons from automatically using equipped items, such as trinkets. The second function was changed to pick the item up back in 3.3.0 to prevent rogues from efficiently switching weapons for ones that had a different poison.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Is [equipped:itemname] possible?