11-13-13, 04:45 PM   #1
PigtailsofDoom
A Cyclonian

Battle Maiden quests

I was recently leveling up a toon in Vashj'ir, and whenever I did one of the Battle Maiden quests, the vehicle action bar showed no abilities. I didn't have this problem with any other vehicle quests, just these three chains.

11-13-13, 04:50 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm just now got a toon to level 80 so will do the vashir quests and see if I can track that down, hopefully its the same solution as to the cooking quest problem. I couldn't do it earlier as I think all my others had done them all.

11-14-13, 02:17 PM   #3
Bresker
A Kobold Labourer
In response to this when you 1st start the Battle Maiden quests there are no abilities available until you move to the Q giver and accept that, then some abilities will appear

hope this helps

11-16-13, 11:41 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, got to the quest chain. Based on the description of what happens with the cooking quest and what I see happening with these quests it looks like it is the same problem. A reload ui will get the buttons displayed which looks to be a temporary work around until the right setting can be found to get it to work first time round.

edit: Well spent about 10 hrs on it and I cannot fathom why it isn't working. I have tried several combination of overridebar, possessbar, vehicleui @vehicle,exists in the macro and display the VehicleBar which seems to be what the main UI does but no joy. It simply refuses to show it until you do a reload of the UI.

Gonna try dominos and bartender and see how theirs works in this situation.

Edit2: Well looks like Dominos has problems but Bartender works. However I can't figure out what part of their code actually makes the change properly. My attempts so far are insisting it doesn't know what page to show.

Last edited by Xrystal : 11-16-13 at 03:06 PM.

11-16-13, 04:03 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, I've done all I can with my minimal knowledge of secure handlers etc.

All I can see is that in both nUI and my own mini action bar addon the buttons do not get set up properly when the action page changes to the vehiclebar in these instances. Once you do a reload ui it works which must mean the current macro conditionals are still valid but somewhere in the code we are either unable to or we are missing the code to build the buttons properly.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Battle Maiden quests