09-28-07, 05:14 PM   #1
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Successfully created player unit frame, now attempting target...help!

Hey, how's it going?

Today without much difficulty I was able to take information from the whereabouts tutorial from the book Hacking World of Warcraft and the WoW API from wowwiki and make a ultra simplistic player unit frame displaying name, race, class, health and mana, rage, energy, current xp, and max xp, all updating in real time.

screenshot

There it is. Amazing I know...

Now I am hiding the default player frame with a simple script I use to hide many different frames (mostly on the minimap). My actual question is coming soon, promise.

*ahem* What do I have to do to make my own unitframe pop up when a target is targeted?

I thought naming the frame after the default blizzard frames in the xml files would maybe overide the defaults, so I tested that theory with the player frame but that didn't work at all.

I really just don't know what to do. So I tried looking at other unit frame addons, and woah- totally overwelmed.

So I turn to you, often helpful posters of wowinterface, to gimme a push so to speak. It can't be that hard, I just have no idea

Thanks.
10-04-07, 09:22 AM   #2
cerement
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't know the actual functions necessary, but maybe take a look at the newest oUF and see how Haste handles things.

oUF

Haste has separated the layout from the unitframe, so if you want to see the results, you will need both oUF and one of the layout files:

oUF_ExampleLayout1
oUF_Industrial
11-08-07, 11:00 AM   #3
placid
A Kobold Labourer
http://www.wowwiki.com/UI_Object_Sec...ButtonTemplate

The information on UnitWatch towards the bottom of that page might be what you're looking for.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Successfully created player unit frame, now attempting target...help!