02-25-09, 10:32 AM   #441
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, that makes sense.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-04-09, 06:29 AM   #442
Zilly
A Murloc Raider
Hi there, let me just start out by saying that I love Clique. Now on to my question.

My wonderful husband just bought me the completely unnecessary WoW gaming mouse (he also got me a pair of Barbie-pink headphones.) I looked at those 15 buttons and thought "this is a Clique lovers dream come true!" Unfortunately Clique doesn't seem to be recognizing the extra buttons that come with the mouse. I really hope that I'm just missing something easy. Any ideas?
03-04-09, 09:33 AM   #443
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow doesn't recognize those mouse buttons, only the first 5. The other buttons are simulated in your mouse driver and sent as keyboard combinations that are typically customizable. Clique does not support binding spells to keys, but you should be able to accomplish that with spellbinder.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-04-09, 09:52 AM   #444
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To clarify a little bit more, Clad is saying to go into your mouse driver software and assign your extra buttons (because WoW will only recognize buttons 1-5) to keys/key combos. Then you can use the key binding interface or an addon like Spellbinder to bind spells to those keys and use your mouse for them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-04-09, 03:41 PM   #445
Zilly
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for your help guys, looks like I have some playing around to do. You did such a fabulous job with making Clique super easy that you've completely spoiled me.
03-18-09, 07:29 PM   #446
Onters
A Defias Bandit
Firstly, I'm sure you've heard it a million times before, but thanks for the mod, it's simply awesome.

I've been toying around with it a little more as I've been only using it a few days - however, I can't get something to work.

Apologies if it's been covered elsewhere/on these forums, I looked and couldn't really find anything. Basically, I've bound a custom macro for Divine Shield to my Button4 mouse button, but the issue I'm having is that I have to hover over my character portrait to cast it, which defeats the object of it really.

Can you please help me sort this out?

Thank you.
03-18-09, 07:38 PM   #447
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Onters View Post
Basically, I've bound a custom macro for Divine Shield to my Button4 mouse button, but the issue I'm having is that I have to hover over my character portrait to cast it, which defeats the object of it really.
That's by design...from the addon's description:

Clique is a simple GUI that lets you assign click-casting for any number of unit frames.
The character portrait is part of your character's unit frame.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
03-18-09, 08:25 PM   #448
Onters
A Defias Bandit
Okay - thanks for the quick response!
03-19-09, 01:32 AM   #449
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
If Divine Shield is self-cast only, you can click on ANY unit frame =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-15-09, 06:06 PM   #450
Naruos
A Defias Bandit
Question Druid stances

I've tried finding the answer to this elsewhere, but have come up empty (also tried searching these forums to no avail).

When I play on my little druid (not even past her 40s yet) I want to have one profile for me as caster and another for me as feral. (plus perhaps a third for travel, but that's just to prevent me from cliqueing myself out of form).

The problem is, my macros for this, which basically goes
/cast Bear Form
/Clique profile set Feral
for my bear-form (with similar ones for the other forms), doesn't work other than out of combat. This makes it very hard to pop out of combat to say cast an emergency heal and then pop into bear-form again.
Neither can I change forms to a fighting form if I've been travelling as a caster and feel that a bear or cat would handle the fight better. I mean, I change form, but clique doesn't change profile, so on my first used ability I revert to caster if I changed from caster or I do nothing if I changed from a feral form.

Is this something I can get around? I've really tried every possible macro I could think of.
04-15-09, 06:13 PM   #451
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Naruos View Post

Is this something I can get around? I've really tried every possible macro I could think of.
I don't know if the method you're attempting will work, but I think reflux may be a solution. It's a profile manager, of sorts.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html
04-15-09, 08:13 PM   #452
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It doesn't work in combat because you cannot change bindings in combat - it's the API's "combat lockdown". This was added in 2.0 due to botting and addons that would think for the user.

04-15-09, 09:07 PM   #453
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, thanks Seerah, for catching that. I missed the

doesn't work other than out of combat
part.
04-15-09, 09:52 PM   #454
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No problem, Yhor.

04-16-09, 01:47 AM   #455
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Naruos View Post
I've tried finding the answer to this elsewhere, but have come up empty (also tried searching these forums to no avail).

When I play on my little druid (not even past her 40s yet) I want to have one profile for me as caster and another for me as feral. (plus perhaps a third for travel, but that's just to prevent me from cliqueing myself out of form).

The problem is, my macros for this, which basically goes

for my bear-form (with similar ones for the other forms), doesn't work other than out of combat. This makes it very hard to pop out of combat to say cast an emergency heal and then pop into bear-form again.
Neither can I change forms to a fighting form if I've been travelling as a caster and feel that a bear or cat would handle the fight better. I mean, I change form, but clique doesn't change profile, so on my first used ability I revert to caster if I changed from caster or I do nothing if I changed from a feral form.

I would desperately like to add click-sets for shapeshift forms, being a druid myself but it's not something that we were able to do before, and I do not believe it can be done correctly still. It would involve hijacking ANY clique unit frame and setting a state header on it, and using that to manage the state changes. In short, while it's technically possible I can't really do it without causing major issues.
05-11-09, 03:58 PM   #456
Teunis
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
It's actually not. The attribute setting that Clique does is time-sensitive and destructive. It just sets the attributes based on what you're told it to do. When you then "uncheck" a frame, it should not know HOW to restore those attributes, that is why you get this behavior.
Had same issue, by assigning a temperory key bind to it, then do frames
and assign the correct key fis a work around, and seems to keep working
12-15-09, 06:32 PM   #457
Monokos
A Kobold Labourer
Multiple stances without profile switching

I realize this thread hasn't been touched in a long while, but on the off chance anyone does swing by, a solution to the druid problem above is as follows:

Make a custom macro that uses conditional modifiers to check stances. Like this:

/cast [stance:3] Shred(); [stance:1] Lacerate()

Assuming you bind this to left click, every time you click on an enemy unit frame (assuming you put this in harmful) the game will check what stance you are in. If you are in cat it will try to shred, bear it will try to lacerate or if in caster it will give you errors about having to be in cat or bear form.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Help with Clique