03-11-11, 02:00 AM   #461
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MagicsMan View Post
/castsequence reset=target,5 Unstable Affliction,Corruption,Bane of Agony
Hi MagicsMan,

The problem is most likely that your “reset” syntax is wrong. The reset conditions should be separated by a forward slash, not a comma. Try changing that line to:

Code:
/castsequence reset=5/target Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Bane of Agony

03-11-11, 02:21 AM   #462
MagicsMan
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post
Hi MagicsMan,

The problem is most likely that your “reset” syntax is wrong. The reset conditions should be separated by a forward slash, not a comma. Try changing that line to:

Code:
/castsequence reset=5/target Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Bane of Agony
I tired the macro with no reset at all and the problem persisted.
Also the comma works just fine in Blizz UI. I think it may be a code error in macaroon.
I think it has something to do with macaroon sluggishly if at all updating the info about a macro.
Example: If i had a macro that cast 1 of 2 spells depending on combat state, if i just left combat, it'll still show the icon for the spell for combat state until i use macro or some talk to an NPC or something.

Last edited by MagicsMan : 03-11-11 at 02:27 AM.

03-11-11, 04:41 AM   #463
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post
Hi Killajade,

Go into Bar Edit mode, right-click on the bar, and set it up to be a Paged Bar. That will give you the same 6 pages as the default UI bar.

If you only want 2 pages, instead of all 6, then you have to check “Use Custom Bar States” instead of “Use Preset Bar States”, and then define the states you want using macro conditionals. For example, this would give you a bar that only has 2 pages, that you can switch between with Alt+1/2 or with Shift+Mousewheel, just like the default UI bar:

Code:
[bar:1] [bar:3] [bar:5]
[bar:2] [bar:4] [bar:6]

Well, you can do it in preset bar mode as well. Just use the state remap to make state/page 3 to instead show state/page 1.

03-13-11, 03:17 AM   #464
falchion
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
Well, for the ease of coding one could just add the line: "needs reboot"
And about adding slash commands, 1, skip it 2, I do believe Maul have other modules slash commands in there addding one more line wouldn't really hurt.

Ok, I've added the function to cycle between the 3 states (all MAC colors, BLIZ=BLIZ/MAC=MAC, and all BLIZ colors) and added the slash-command to toggle between them. It even seems to work!

I'll look into the UI config option next...

I've never put any code up for public consumption here, what would be the process (aside from providing a link to my web/ftp/svn servers)?

F

03-14-11, 01:22 PM   #465
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by falchion View Post
Ok, I've added the function to cycle between the 3 states (all MAC colors, BLIZ=BLIZ/MAC=MAC, and all BLIZ colors) and added the slash-command to toggle between them. It even seems to work!

I'll look into the UI config option next...

I've never put any code up for public consumption here, what would be the process (aside from providing a link to my web/ftp/svn servers)?

F

When I added the UI option for my Autohide show on mod key I just copied Mauls code for autohide toggle and changed it for my needs.

How to upload... I made it as fan updates here, there should be a link for it somewhere in the right side of the Macroon page.

03-19-11, 09:28 AM   #466
dpwr
A Murloc Raider
Button proc effect with macro

Hi,

I really like the new button proc thing when ability realted procs 'energise' the buttons. Works great with macaroon.

However, the general problem with macros and the button energising thing is that even with a #show or #showtooltip, anything before it in the macro causes it not to appear. This is really blizzards problem, but I noticed that some other mods have fixed this internally until (if) Blizzard fix it. Any chance of this with Macaroon?

Works perfectly.

E.g.
Code:
#show Dark Transformation
/cast Dark Transformation()
Doesn't work:

Code:
#show Dark Transformation
/use 10
/cast Dark Transformation()
The button gets enabled when Dark Transformation is ready to use, but there is no energy glow.

Cheers.

Sucellus

03-19-11, 10:40 PM   #467
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Have you tried writing the #show line differently? Quotes, trailing parens, underscore, etc?

I know with several Druid commands the syntax is extremely important, because they made a bear and cat version of various abilities that have the same name, which is very annoying.

If it's a Blizzard bug, you might want to report it in the bug forum.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/
The more reports, the higher in importance it gets. (Although they count on the account level, so don't try bumping your own items.)

-Crissa

03-20-11, 01:38 AM   #468
warii
A Kobold Labourer
about the "/in" command

hi,
I got a question about the "/in" command.
I make a macro like this

/cast vampire blood
/in 0:/emote used vampire blood
/in 7:/emote 's vampire will expire in 3secs
/in 10:/emote 's vampire has expired.

But it didn't work at all.So I checked my buggrabber and see this
"Macaroon-40000.2\Macaroon_Extensions.lua:1595: attempt to compare number with nil".
Any one can tell me what's the problem and what shall I do about it.Thanks a lot.

04-14-11, 08:23 AM   #469
Darkpath
A Kobold Labourer
Setting a bars hidden state

Is there a slash command I can issue to set a given bars hidden state? I know "/mac hidden <barname>" will toggle the bar from hidden to unhidden or vice versa depending on the bars current state, but I want to issue a command to definitively hide or unhide the bar regardless of whether it is hidden or not.

04-16-11, 07:32 PM   #470
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

as shammy how can i see call of elements - the totem stuff?

04-16-11, 08:45 PM   #471
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
as shammy how can i see call of elements - the totem stuff?
well, have you got Macaroon: Totem Bar installed?

04-17-11, 05:37 AM   #472
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks, didnt knew about this, ill try

anyway im new as shamman, just got the skill who launch 4 totems in same time but dont know how this bar look in the default blizzard UI

05-04-11, 06:57 PM   #473
Aelwythe
A Murloc Raider
This is probably the totally wrong place to ask but I couldn't find anything by Googling so what the hell...

I just came back to WoW after a break to find that Macaroon seemed to be working fine, except it won't save/load profiles. Since I have two completely different specs, I'm kinda gimped without it. Tried going in to load profiles manually and instead of doing so all of my bars just disappear instead.

I've tried loading existing profiles, I've also tried saving new ones and then trying to load them. Same result, disappearing bars. I've updated to the latest version of Macaroon, disabled all other addons, and deleted the saved variables stuff.

Is this just a broken feature now that we either live without or go elsewhere to find, or is it only happening to me and is inexplicable?

Again sorry if this is the wrong place, searching for info on the problem has been fruitless so far

05-09-11, 03:30 AM   #474
niknar
A Kobold Labourer
is macaroon going to be updated for 4.1?

i have no functionality issues with it specifically, but i have been experiencing occasional disconnects since the patch and of course the finger of suspicion falls on out-of-date add-ons and i would dearly like to eliminate macaroon from the list of suspects (as i love it and would hate to be without it).

05-09-11, 03:59 PM   #475
Aelwythe
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aelwythe View Post
This is probably the totally wrong place to ask but I couldn't find anything by Googling so what the hell...

I just came back to WoW after a break to find that Macaroon seemed to be working fine, except it won't save/load profiles. Since I have two completely different specs, I'm kinda gimped without it. Tried going in to load profiles manually and instead of doing so all of my bars just disappear instead.

I've tried loading existing profiles, I've also tried saving new ones and then trying to load them. Same result, disappearing bars. I've updated to the latest version of Macaroon, disabled all other addons, and deleted the saved variables stuff.

Is this just a broken feature now that we either live without or go elsewhere to find, or is it only happening to me and is inexplicable?

Again sorry if this is the wrong place, searching for info on the problem has been fruitless so far
Ignore me, figured out my own thing! It wasn't the main Macaroon addon at all, it was the MacaroonXP one playing havoc. Somehow in my experiments I'd failed to turn that off.

05-13-11, 02:06 PM   #476
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Aelwythe View Post
Ignore me, figured out my own thing! It wasn't the main Macaroon addon at all, it was the MacaroonXP one playing havoc. Somehow in my experiments I'd failed to turn that off.
MacaroonXP is an old module, you can uninstall it as it doesn't do anything good now. It has been replaced by Macaroon: Status Bars.

05-16-11, 09:46 PM   #477
struth
A Kobold Labourer

Question Trouble with Flyout

When does Macaroon scan the spellbook, items, etc for flyouts? I've seen the comments about how horribly bloated AutoBar is… but it does work. Macaroon doesn't, even when I very carefully copy from the FAQ and other posts here:

Code:
/select companion:mount:linear:right:left:6
/flyout companion:mount:linear:right:left:6
/flyout companion:mount:linear:right:left:6:click:show
Is this simply broken? Has there been some undocumented change in the syntax?

05-26-11, 01:51 AM   #478
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by struth View Post
When does Macaroon scan the spellbook, items, etc for flyouts? I've seen the comments about how horribly bloated AutoBar is… but it does work. Macaroon doesn't, even when I very carefully copy from the FAQ and other posts here:

Code:
/select companion:mount:linear:right:left:6
/flyout companion:mount:linear:right:left:6
/flyout companion:mount:linear:right:left:6:click:show
Is this simply broken? Has there been some undocumented change in the syntax?
Undocumented change is correct.
The mount key needs a # in front of it now, same with critter.

#mount

06-27-11, 11:25 AM   #479
Cromm
A Murloc Raider
Completely lost

I will not deny the fact that I have many instances in my life where I just cant get past my own retarded-ness, and this may just be one of those times.

I just tried using Macaroon for the first time today and I cannot get it to do anything other than open the options panel, and create a bar. I try to create a button, but I cannot set the icon. If I try to name it, the name doesn't stay, but I can click the 'send to vault' button and get something to happen, not a damned clue what, but it does something...

Is there a guide that I missed somewhere...maybe one that contains small words for guys like me that need somethings broken down barney style?

06-27-11, 12:18 PM   #480
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Cromm View Post
I will not deny the fact that I have many instances in my life where I just cant get past my own retarded-ness, and this may just be one of those times.

I just tried using Macaroon for the first time today and I cannot get it to do anything other than open the options panel, and create a bar. I try to create a button, but I cannot set the icon. If I try to name it, the name doesn't stay, but I can click the 'send to vault' button and get something to happen, not a damned clue what, but it does something...

Is there a guide that I missed somewhere...maybe one that contains small words for guys like me that need somethings broken down barney style?
Well you've managed to create a bar and get to editing a button always something

When you write the macro for the button (if that's what you're trying to do). Writhe the macro first then change icon and name it. Leaving the macro text box empty tells Macaroon there is nothing this button should do so Macaroon simply goes "Ah, empty button, nothing to care about."
When you click send to vault it is supposed to save the macro in the macro vault I believe, but the Macro vault feature was put on hold, kind of.

It's an old feature so it is there and you can go to the vault and get your macros from there just not as easy as it's supposed to be. And any button automatically saves to the vault as it did in the past.

IF you're not going to be using macros and just want a lot of buttons and some other Macaroon perks, I suggest just creating the number of buttons and bars you want and dragging the spells and abilities from your spellbook unto the buttons you prefer.

Macaroon will then auto write the macro for handling that action. Unless you have the button set to ActionID# in which case you're basically using Blizzards buttons from a Macaroon bar.

Hope this shed any light on your matter. Feel free to ask again if needed. you can also PM me.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread