11-28-08, 07:40 PM   #1761
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by mauro_666 View Post
..err, thx for the advice, but I never modified the std setup of fubar width, and I couldn't find a setting to do that in the fubar menu.. :s

..thx for both the quick answer and the skin suggestion..
[IMG][/IMG]
What is the name of the add-on in the lower right quarter of your screen to shows the quest steps??

11-29-08, 06:18 AM   #1762
fludder
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
noob pet/dk question

Having never played a character with a pet before I'm not too familiar with the pet action bar. That is to say other than clicking on actions manually. I am attempting to bind a key to my goul's growl for a quick stun in emergencies. Looking through the bliz keybinding interface, I did not see anything intuative as pet action-bar to bind a key to the specific position. I know I could macro leap n growl and put it on my default action bars but I'd rather use the pet bar built-in. Any suggestions?

Question #2 is there any way to create a mouse-over expand to the small map (the one that shares space with omen/hitsmod/recount) example, I'm running around azeroth with some angry elite whatnot in hot persuit and I need a quick look at the map to see escape routes. Pressing M blocks my entire view. Not too great if I'm comin up on obstructions or outland map edge. However I mouse over the map and it grows to maybe 1/4 of the bottom right of the screen, voila I can more clearly see the ground detail without a magnifying glass, or blocking the entire field-of-view with worldmap.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Fludder

-there are no stoopid questions, only stoopin noobs that don't rtfm.

<EDIT> you have no idea how much I love being able to post here from my blackberry</EDIT>

Last edited by fludder : 11-29-08 at 06:22 AM.

11-29-08, 06:50 AM   #1763
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I need to get to a place where I can test the vehicle frame myself with the seats, etc., so it may be a while. In a pinch, I think '/script VehicleMenuBar:Hide()' should do the trick
Theres a vehicle daily at the wrymrest temple

Btw, i just did another vehicle mission. Keybindings were broken again, no idea why.
Oh, and that vehicle had some weird abillities with combopoints...

11-29-08, 08:38 AM   #1764
Baldrak
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

First of all I want to say I love your UI. I've looked at quite a few UIs after I gave up on MazzleUI ever getting fixed, and yours is by far the best thing I could find
Now for my question: My guild will be going into the 25 man WoTLK content this wednesday and I'm looking for 25 man raid frames until they get integrated into nUI. Any addon you can recommend?

Last edited by Baldrak : 11-29-08 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling

11-29-08, 08:47 AM   #1765
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Baldrak View Post
Hi,

First of all I want to say I love your UI. I've looked at quite a few UIs after I gave up on MazzleUI ever getting fixed, and yours is by far the best thing I could find
Now for my question: My guild will be going into the 25 man WoTLK content this wednesday and I'm looking for 25 man raid frames until they get integrated into nUI. Any addon you can recommend?
You're going to have to use grid, etc, as there aren't any 25 man frames for nUI yet Scott is working on them!

Marth

11-29-08, 09:19 AM   #1766
Naatan
A Murloc Raider
Bug with the "big" map

Hi, I have a quite annoying bug with the map on the bottom right (so not the minimap.. the zone map)

Whenever I bring up the zonemap the map in the bottom right goes completely blank, in the sence that it only shows the outline of the zone, as if I haven't visited anything there yet..

This might be due to a conflict with CartoGrapher or Questhelper, both of which I have installed and both of which are 100% up-to-date.

Also, while I'm at it; just a quick question..

Is there a simple way in which I can make the nUI texture slightly transparent? (say 70%). This would be a big improvement in my opinion.

11-29-08, 09:26 AM   #1767
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Fludder -- the key binding section for the pet bar is anything but intuitive and I've always wondered how Bliz came to give is such a meaningless name. Nonetheless, what you are looking for (until I add the pet bar to nUI's list of key binds) is SECONDARY ACTION BUTTON 1-10 which by default are bound to CTRL-1 through CTRL-0

The small map at the bottom right corner of the display is Bliz's built in battlefield minimap (which is why it works with all the other map mods) -- I used to have a click-to-show option on it which I disabled because of serious taint issues. However, now that I have gotten a handle on taint, I'll likely be adding that back, but not any time soon. If AlphaMap is still being supported (I think Cosmos is pretty much dead now, right?) then that's a way to get what you're looking for in the interim.

Originally Posted by fludder View Post
Having never played a character with a pet before I'm not too familiar with the pet action bar. That is to say other than clicking on actions manually. I am attempting to bind a key to my goul's growl for a quick stun in emergencies. Looking through the bliz keybinding interface, I did not see anything intuative as pet action-bar to bind a key to the specific position. I know I could macro leap n growl and put it on my default action bars but I'd rather use the pet bar built-in. Any suggestions?

Question #2 is there any way to create a mouse-over expand to the small map (the one that shares space with omen/hitsmod/recount) example, I'm running around azeroth with some angry elite whatnot in hot persuit and I need a quick look at the map to see escape routes. Pressing M blocks my entire view. Not too great if I'm comin up on obstructions or outland map edge. However I mouse over the map and it grows to maybe 1/4 of the bottom right of the screen, voila I can more clearly see the ground detail without a magnifying glass, or blocking the entire field-of-view with worldmap.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Fludder

-there are no stoopid questions, only stoopin noobs that don't rtfm.

<EDIT> you have no idea how much I love being able to post here from my blackberry</EDIT>

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

11-29-08, 09:29 AM   #1768
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Theres a vehicle daily at the wrymrest temple

Btw, i just did another vehicle mission. Keybindings were broken again, no idea why.
Oh, and that vehicle had some weird abillities with combopoints...
What level is the temple?

Does that quest have vehicle seats? That's the key thing I'm after is a vehicle experience with seats and hopefully pitch. Aside from whatever this bug may be, I have the vehicle action buttons pretty much working in nUI. The big issue is making sure I have all of the other vehicle features working before I dispose of Bliz's vehicle frame.

I'm all ears (eyes) for where to try and get myself to in order to be able to test with that. Even if it's a quest as I can just abandon the quest and keep repeating it.

11-29-08, 09:30 AM   #1769
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Baldrak -- as Marthesdil pointed out, GRID is the mod you want to use until nUI supports 25/40 man raids.

Originally Posted by Baldrak View Post
Hi,

11-29-08, 09:36 AM   #1770
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Naatan -- the map in the bottom right is Bliz's built in Battlefield Minimap. The only alterations I have done to it is to add raid group numbers to the raid member icons on the map and to highlight the party/raid member icons with red or green when they take damage or are healed.

If the map is blanking out when you open the zone map then I would be the issue is CartoGrapher. Questhelper doesn't modify the minimap either, so that likely is not the issue as well.

As for the texture... there is no built in command to do that. The main reason being that the entire world frame has been moved up 1/2 the height of the dashboard in order to compensate for the height of the dashboard. This means that 1/2 of what is behind the dashboard is a big empty black box... making the dashboard transparent would probably be less attractive than you think.

I would suggest you try downloading the "Thin Gloss Black" dashboard skin from http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#optional and give that a try. I has ~almost~ no visible world frame space hidden behind it.

Originally Posted by Naatan View Post
Hi, I have a quite annoying bug with the map on the bottom right (so not the minimap.. the zone map)

Whenever I bring up the zonemap the map in the bottom right goes completely blank, in the sence that it only shows the outline of the zone, as if I haven't visited anything there yet..

This might be due to a conflict with CartoGrapher or Questhelper, both of which I have installed and both of which are 100% up-to-date.

Also, while I'm at it; just a quick question..

Is there a simple way in which I can make the nUI texture slightly transparent? (say 70%). This would be a big improvement in my opinion.

11-29-08, 09:38 AM   #1771
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Question A request please for those of you who use GRID...

Can someone who is using GRID for 25 and 40 man raids please post a full sized screen capture of their 25 and/or 40 man setups here or e-mail it to me at [email protected] -- I want to get a good measure of how much real estate they are using and see how close I can come in matching unit size.

Thanks.

11-29-08, 11:51 AM   #1772
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Spiel, the easiest quest to get to that has a vehicle for early 70's is in Borean Tundra. It is in the second zone in the quest series I think. It has an awesome meat saucer/grinder and you have to grind 100 mobs to death. I'll try to find the name of the quest and coords.

Jungle

11-29-08, 12:03 PM   #1773
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
What level is the temple?

Does that quest have vehicle seats? That's the key thing I'm after is a vehicle experience with seats and hopefully pitch. Aside from whatever this bug may be, I have the vehicle action buttons pretty much working in nUI. The big issue is making sure I have all of the other vehicle features working before I dispose of Bliz's vehicle frame.

I'm all ears (eyes) for where to try and get myself to in order to be able to test with that. Even if it's a quest as I can just abandon the quest and keep repeating it.
i just did that quest at the temple in dragon blight yesterday and mune worked fine, but it is a repeatable daily and probably a good place to work in that.

11-29-08, 12:05 PM   #1774
Naatan
A Murloc Raider
Naatan -- the map in the bottom right is Bliz's built in Battlefield Minimap. The only alterations I have done to it is to add raid group numbers to the raid member icons on the map and to highlight the party/raid member icons with red or green when they take damage or are healed.

If the map is blanking out when you open the zone map then I would be the issue is CartoGrapher. Questhelper doesn't modify the minimap either, so that likely is not the issue as well.

As for the texture... there is no built in command to do that. The main reason being that the entire world frame has been moved up 1/2 the height of the dashboard in order to compensate for the height of the dashboard. This means that 1/2 of what is behind the dashboard is a big empty black box... making the dashboard transparent would probably be less attractive than you think.

I would suggest you try downloading the "Thin Gloss Black" dashboard skin from http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#optional and give that a try. I has ~almost~ no visible world frame space hidden behind it.
Your plugin is the only plugin that seems to have an issue with Cartographer.. and since Cartographer is so widely used.. perhaps you should look further into it? Anyway.. I'll have a play with Cartographer, but I don't see how an end-user such as myself could provide a workaround for this issue, other than disabling Cartographer, which is clearly undesirable

About the transparency, is this a feature that is still planned? Your panel overlapping the default panel sounds like a bit of a nasty way to do it, couldn't you simply hide the default panel? I can imagen a lot of people would be happy with a semi-transparent panel.

Anyway, that's the only 2 points of critisism I can provide, other than that nUI is an awesome addon Job well done!

11-29-08, 12:07 PM   #1775
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Can someone who is using GRID for 25 and 40 man raids please post a full sized screen capture of their 25 and/or 40 man setups here or e-mail it to me at [email protected] -- I want to get a good measure of how much real estate they are using and see how close I can come in matching unit size.

Thanks.
have you looked at how heal bot looks in a 25 man set up. this type of unit frame would go nicely in the middle i think. ill post a pic here

here is the heal bot in action in Mags
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100308_202642.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	2073  

11-29-08, 12:16 PM   #1776
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm not sure what you're talking about my panel overlapping the default panel... totally lost on that one. What I said is the I move the entire world frame up by half the height of the dashboard to compensate for the height of the dashboard. That way your character stays in the center of the viewable screen area. Moving the world frame up by half the height of the dashboard creates an empty black rectangle at the bottom of the display which the dashboard hides.

If I made the dashboard transparent, there is very little screen area you would then be able to see that you couldn't already see. And, if you took my advice and installed the "Thin Gloss Black" frame as I suggested, there is even less that is hidden. Furthermore, even if I did make the dashboard transparent, almost everything that you think you would be able to see would actually be hidden behind the unit frames, action buttons, chat window, info panel, etc. In the end, this request is a complete exercise in futility. I know it seems like you would be able to "see more" of the screen, but the truth is you wouldn't.

As for Cartographer, this is not a bug that has been reported by any other nUI user to date. I'm not saying it isn't there, but I haven't heard about it, so with many thousands of users, I'm inclined to wonder if there's some other conflict. In addition, what I was telling you was that nUI is only displaying the built-in Battlefield Minimap that Bliz provides... it's not custom nUI code and nUI does not alter that code, so that makes me doubly suspect that nUI would comprimise that map.

That said, there is one outside possibility which may be related to another conflict that has been reported between nUI and Carbonite and that is that nUI's map coordinates feature could be confusing the issue. If you want to test that, exit WoW and rename the file Interface\AddOns\nUI\AddOns\nUI_Location.lua to nUI_Location.lua.saved and log back into WoW... test to see if the problem went away. If so, then the problem will be fixed in the next update. If not, then I can say with 98% certainty that whatever problem you're experiencing with the battlefield minimap is almost certainly not being caused by nUI.

Originally Posted by Naatan View Post
Your plugin is the only plugin that seems to have an issue with Cartographer.. and since Cartographer is so widely used.. perhaps you should look further into it? Anyway.. I'll have a play with Cartographer, but I don't see how an end-user such as myself could provide a workaround for this issue, other than disabling Cartographer, which is clearly undesirable

About the transparency, is this a feature that is still planned? Your panel overlapping the default panel sounds like a bit of a nasty way to do it, couldn't you simply hide the default panel? I can imagen a lot of people would be happy with a semi-transparent panel.

Anyway, that's the only 2 points of critisism I can provide, other than that nUI is an awesome addon Job well done!

11-29-08, 12:17 PM   #1777
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Thanks Jungle -- I'll be looking for your update.

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
Spiel, the easiest quest to get to that has a vehicle for early 70's is in Borean Tundra. It is in the second zone in the quest series I think. It has an awesome meat saucer/grinder and you have to grind 100 mobs to death. I'll try to find the name of the quest and coords.

Jungle

11-29-08, 12:18 PM   #1778
spiel2001
nUI's Author

What level is Dragonblight Mscott?

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
i just did that quest at the temple in dragon blight yesterday and mune worked fine, but it is a repeatable daily and probably a good place to work in that.

11-29-08, 12:54 PM   #1779
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
What level is Dragonblight Mscott?
edit sorry im an idiot its 71-74

Last edited by mscott998 : 11-29-08 at 02:00 PM.

11-29-08, 01:12 PM   #1780
fludder
A Fallenroot Satyr

You da man :)

Fludder -- the key binding section for the pet bar is anything but intuitive a /snip/ that you are looking for /snip/ are bound to CTRL-1 through CTRL-0

I use atlas some I'll give it a shot until My Domo San Scott creates perfect order in the WoW universe.
....As an asides. I have access in th eoffice to "play" a little bit. Not the game, but special projects. I'd love to contribute in blood sweat and teard to the nUI community if there are any things you feel yo ucan parcel out to work on. Or a smallish project to help (like maybe some UI dazzle)

Using FuBar 3.5 fixed the schitzo issue I was having and she works beautifly Ill pop a screen cap when my Deathknight hits 70 (Hopefully soon) and make it available to the community as I've layered a few mods on top of nUI for ease of use (Fubar and a few fu-tools) factionizer, doublewide, tomtom Getting things healed, luckycharms, etc.... I'd love to help move nUI in the direction you seeing it need to go in, just drop me a line and I'll hack at it till my fingers bleed.

Which brings up the last question. Tips for Bliz API calls and Lua programming any sites/books/IRC channels you'd suggest?

~Wildhammer Server~
~~Barley Legal Guild~~
~Fludder - 70Mage
~Elcohen - 48Priest
~Buldklot - 68Deathknight
~Redfeather 4-Druid (thats rested since july)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement