04-05-12, 04:57 AM   #1
Phonopia
A Murloc Raider
Pitbull Variable width bars

Hello

This is my first post so be gentle pls :P
I am trying to put together a nice UI for myself (a bit ocd since i always keep changing it) and I would like to know if pitbull (or any other addon for that matter) can have variable width bars or if not .. if u can move them on the x position. I will add an image to exemplify.

Best regards

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...lquestion.jpg/
04-05-12, 07:38 AM   #2
Learza
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pretty sure you can't do that with Pitbull but it's possible with StUF and probably some other UF addons. Although a extra bar just for the name is not possible as far as I remember.
04-05-12, 08:56 AM   #3
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

It's been years since I touched pitbull, but IIRC pitbull has an "empty space", "empty bar" or similar option. I can't remember the name, sorry. But it creates a space where you can assign texts and such stuff.

Again, I might be messing this up, but I think I remember something like that. Good luck!

Last edited by lerb : 04-05-12 at 08:58 AM.
04-05-12, 09:17 AM   #4
Phonopia
A Murloc Raider
I managed to get 3 bars (name/health/power) that's not a problem. Problem is handling the bars differently ie having different X pos for each. Ill look at StUF although i would much rather stay with Pitbull if possilble.
04-05-12, 11:03 AM   #5
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
This can also be achieved with Discord Unit Frames.
04-05-12, 11:09 AM   #6
Phonopia
A Murloc Raider
3 separate bars? or moving the bars independently?
04-05-12, 02:45 PM   #7
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean. With DUF all the elements, bars, text, icons etc. can be moved, sized, hidden and displayed independant of each other ie. each individual bar can be moved and sized, display horizontal or vertical, display information in decreasing or increasing increments etc.

While the default setup looks like a pretty naf version of the default Blizzard ui you can see from the screenshot on the DUF download page you can achieve a very different look and feel (I don't use the DUF portraits for example).

And for the name bar (as it won't size) you just use the frame background and re-size/place it as you like. It might take some playing around with where you attach and place the various elements etc.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 04-05-12 at 02:50 PM.
04-05-12, 06:23 PM   #8
Phonopia
A Murloc Raider
interesting.... startet playing with it and i SORTA like it... too bad my design incorporates a 3d full body movel of self/target .. DUF doesnt have this does it?
04-05-12, 07:11 PM   #9
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
No it doesn't but I use DUF, hide the portaits and use Zmob for the 3D models as per the screenshot.
You might be able to see it better here:
http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/...t=Randoman.jpg
04-05-12, 08:02 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you prefer, Stuf does most everything that DUF can do and has 3D models as well.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-28-12, 12:15 PM   #11
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
"If you prefer, Stuf does most everything that DUF can do and has 3D models as well."

DUF now has 3d portraits as well .

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pitbull Variable width bars