09-02-12, 11:45 AM   #1
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Missing calendar textures (split from another thread)

Hey along these same lines. Does anyone have a fix for the calender textures blizz broke?

July 4-5 Fireworks Spectacular
Sept 19-20 Pirates' Day
Oct 2-3 Day of the Dead

They've got the annoying green boxes atm.
09-02-12, 02:18 PM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Hey along these same lines. Does anyone have a fix for the calender textures blizz broke?
July 4-5 Fireworks Spectacular
Sept 19-20 Pirates' Day
Oct 2-3 Day of the Dead
They've got the annoying green boxes atm.
I have no green boxes the days are shown with normal icons for me (german client) maybe its an addon causing this?

Last edited by Tonyleila : 09-02-12 at 02:26 PM.
09-02-12, 06:41 PM   #3
Unkn
Premium Member

Strange 4 guildies confirmed it. We are all in US though. Maybe we all have something messing with it since all of us have various addons we use.
09-02-12, 07:25 PM   #4
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'm also seeing green textures for the events listed. Checked with all mods turned off on a US client.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
09-02-12, 09:05 PM   #5
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

I'm NOT seeing green textures for those calendar events (enUS).
09-03-12, 07:43 AM   #6
Unkn
Premium Member

I think its one of the textures from Aurora: Missing Textures. I'm trying wow without it and addons now. I still get the green events with no addons at all so its either blizz malfunction or something with those textures.

Edit: After checking it out. No addons, no textures in interface folder. Deleted my "blizzard addons" as well. The green textures are still there. How strange. Not game breaking just odd.

Thanks for moving us Seerah. I didn't think this would turn into a few people with the problem. I tend to have wacky bugs from conflicts with different addons.

Last edited by Unkn : 09-03-12 at 07:55 AM. Reason: thanks
09-03-12, 11:01 AM   #7
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

It's odd that people on the US client have conflicting reports of this. I wonder what's causing it, as I've tried it with a clean install, as it were, and I'm still seeing them. No major problem as I barely look at the calendar, but very, very odd.

09-03-12, 11:24 AM   #8
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

While looking at the map for Kalimdor, when I mouseover Uldum I see a green texture. Does this happen for anyone else?
09-03-12, 11:52 AM   #9
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Decabah View Post
I'm also seeing green textures for the events listed. Checked with all mods turned off on a US client.
Same here. Very strange.

I checked in the Interface/Calendar folder that I extracted and all of the correct images for those 3 events are there, as they were in the 4.3 version. And it's only just those 3 holidays: Day of the Dead, Pirates' Day, and the Fireworks Spectacular; all other holidays look just fine.

[EDIT]
OK, this just gets weirder... i was in Strath farming the mount when I happened to look at the calendar. The icons were there! I finished that run, zoned out, and they were gone again. Zone in, there again. So this seems server based?

o_O

Last edited by sakurakira : 09-03-12 at 02:33 PM.
09-03-12, 12:21 PM   #10
Unkn
Premium Member

Hrm my uldum is working. I'm not really worried about a few green calendar square its just odd.

Then again all the characters in the game world were pants-less for the first 2 days of this patch. I'm sure my client has some crazy quirks.
09-03-12, 12:40 PM   #11
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
While looking at the map for Kalimdor, when I mouseover Uldum I see a green texture. Does this happen for anyone else?
I see that as well.

09-04-12, 07:57 AM   #12
UrbanArmitage
An Aku'mai Servant
Well tbh there is some strange $%^& going on with the live servers after the 5.0.4 update. On Vek'nilash EU realm the whole of Outland is very quirky at the moment. Things like main map showing addon pointers to things like herbs and mining spots but the main map itself is gone and you just see the sky through a hole in the frame, people arriving at raids via summoning stone and everyone is there ... except its only their mounts running around without riders on them and showing empty saddles, etc! Oh, and last night the Ashes mount dropped twice in two runs of Tempest Keep when we have been running it as a guild twice a week with main and alt runs for 6 months and never seen it drop, reports from other players that extremely rare drops were being found everywhere last night, etc.

If the textures are there in Strath but not in other places it may be a similar issue with specific areas of the world at the moment.

My 2c

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Missing calendar textures (split from another thread)