10-19-20, 11:50 AM   #1
Xaemyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Need help with an old Addon (pvplog)

This addon is pretty ancient, but it has mostly worked until the prepatch where it's been hit by the background/backdrop change with 9.0 (all the buttons and checkboxes are floating lol).

I can't wrap my head around it as I'm still learning all this stuff. If anyone could give some clues or point me in the right direction, the code is here: https://github.com/WoWRoster/pvplog

Thanks in advance!
10-20-20, 07:43 AM   #2
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is a "blast from the past". I was the maintainer of that code long, long ago. Since I just updated Skillet to handle this background change, let me see if I can remember enough of the PvPLog code to cobble something together.
10-21-20, 06:39 AM   #3
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I have attached an updated version of PvPLog which should display a little better. I started with a version that had a higher version number than the one on WoWRoster and updated it. Added the frame backgrounds to the initialize function and converted GetMapPosition calls to use current calls.

The minimap button doesn't work so you will need to use the slash commands (/pl for a list).

Let me know if you find any other Shadowland problems. I don't play much anymore and I PvP even less.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PvPLog-3.4.1.zip (44.3 KB, 234 views)
10-21-20, 09:55 AM   #4
Xaemyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It seems to work! Thanks for the help! I'll do some further testing (i.e., actual pvp lol) and report back here if I run into any issues.

Thanks again!
11-14-22, 12:23 PM   #5
Xaemyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This appeared to have broke with Dragonflight. Argh! I'll see if I can fix it. Might be impetus to finally learn lua beyond fixes ...
11-14-22, 12:51 PM   #6
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
What is broken about it? If they made as many changes to the combat log as they did to the crafting UI, you may be in for quite a bit of work.
11-15-22, 08:00 AM   #7
Xaemyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
What is broken about it? If they made as many changes to the combat log as they did to the crafting UI, you may be in for quite a bit of work.
Tons of these types of errors:

Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Debug:
[string "*PvPLogUI.xml:110_OnLoad"]:1:
[string "*PvPLogUI.xml:110_OnLoad"]:1
Locals:
self = cbxPvPLogConfig_EnableToggle {
0 = <userdata>
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "Text"
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

130_OnLoad, etc. The minimap button still appears but when I click on it, the frame comes up but nothing else. No text, no buttons, nothing and no way to close it without /reloadui (same with the options frame). Argh lol
11-15-22, 10:29 AM   #8
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
If I did it correctly, I have attached PvPLog-3.4.3.zip which will load without errors on Dragonflight 10.0.2. There is no minimap button so use the chat command `/pl`.

I have no idea if it will work as I'm not on a PvP server anymore and there are some positioning issues (overlapping tabs, etc.) that can be corrected but I'll leave that to you. Please post any changes you make.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PvPLog-3.4.3.zip (38.3 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by bsmorgan : 11-15-22 at 10:33 AM.
11-15-22, 10:40 AM   #9
Xaemyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
If I did it correctly, I have attached PvPLog-3.4.3.zip which will load without errors on Dragonflight 10.0.2. There is no minimap button so use the chat command `/pl`.

I have no idea if it will work as I'm not on a PvP server anymore and there are some positioning issues (overlapping tabs, etc.) that can be corrected but I'll leave that to you. Please post any changes you make.
Thanks so much! When the servers come back up I'll test it out and definitely post any changes I make.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help with an old Addon (pvplog)