12-21-11, 04:30 PM   #1
wtfa69
A Kobold Labourer
Question Tabard Switch Reminder

Alright, so this will be my first Addon if I can figure out how to do it, what I'm trying to do is use the message("") function so that everytime I enter a dungeon I get a message alert telling me to switch Tabards, because when I'm questing I use my Guild Tabard for guild rep but when I'm in a dungeon I like to switch to say for example my Gilneas Tabard or some other Tabard for a faction that I'm not exalted with yet, but the idea is just message("Switch Tabards") at the beginning of a dungeon when it's done loading. But as I'm new to Lua coding I can only seem to get that message to popup at WoW startup. I've googled a bit, but still haven't found anything, eventually I hope to make an addon like this that switches the tabards automatically, maybe I will, but until then could someone help me figure out how to code this? Thanks!

Last edited by wtfa69 : 12-21-11 at 04:33 PM.
12-21-11, 06:12 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This reply is probably not helpful in the learning part but for the actual usage Tabard Champion will do what you want (and maybe by studying its code you can get some insight on how it's done)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Tabard Switch Reminder