11-27-12, 03:38 PM   #1
thespillmonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Giant Glowing Neon Buttons!

Am i the only one whos ION is graphically messed up with 5.1?

PLEASE MAUL! DONT BE DEAD!
It has been months. We would love at least some word that you havent given up (or even if you have) on this addon.
11-27-12, 03:41 PM   #2
Angrysteel
A Murloc Raider
Hoping Phanx or one of the other well known mod authors will be able to look at this and give us some hints on how to fix it.

Im sure its an extremely easy fix, probably changing the backgrounds path or something of that nature.

But ya, these bars are unusable with the giant neon green surrounding every bar.

EDIT: I dont think its the bar backgrounds (if they even exist), but its on the buttons. The bag bars and the menu bars seem unaffected.
11-27-12, 04:55 PM   #3
b1urry
A Defias Bandit
I have posted the following in other areas where various authors will likely see, but I thought I'd drop it here too.

I believe I have found the issue. It seems to be related to some empty file pointers in the Ion__Core.xml. With 5.1 they must have changed the API to not allow empty files like this and this caused a green 'no image' placeholder to appear.

Apparently, the initial intent for the empty file strings was to provide a 'transparent' overlay. In one file instance I pointed it to a transparent button object and the green glow went away.

I'll do a bit more testing and make sure that what I'm doing doesn't break anything.
11-27-12, 05:11 PM   #4
b1urry
A Defias Bandit
yay to Maul!
11-27-12, 10:33 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
Hoping Phanx or one of the other well known mod authors will be able to look at this and give us some hints on how to fix it.
I've been using Bartender since MoP went live, and don't have the time or the interest to dig through such a huge project as Ion when I don't even use it anymore. I wish Maul had just updated Macaroon instead of abandoning a great addon and starting a new addon from scratch, but I find that Bartender is more than adequate for my needs nowadays. If Maul ever finds time to finish Ion and properly maintain/support it, I might give it a try, but I'm not holding my breath.

Originally Posted by b1urry View Post
With 5.1 they must have changed the API to not allow empty files like this and this caused a green 'no image' placeholder to appear.
This change was actually slated for the 5.0.4 release; I wasn't aware it hadn't gone live. The correct method now for clearing a texture is to set it to nil, not "".

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Giant Glowing Neon Buttons!