12-06-07, 02:08 PM   #1
Nyte
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bookworm, Iriel, and Titan Panel

I have discovered Bookworm just in time to include it with a brand new RP character I created upon the release of version 2.3. I love being able to collect the lore that Stalagnyte discovers in his journey through Azeroth.

I also discovered an old Titan Panel [Bookworm] plugin that doesn't work anymore. I'd love if this plugin worked. I left a message for the original author, but to no avail. I left a message for Iriel, but also to no avail. How can I get my question to Iriel? Or does anyone have a working Titan plugin for Bookworm? Or can anyone make the old plugin work?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of my questions!
12-07-07, 12:03 AM   #2
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Hm.. I'm here (yay for someone, I suppose).. I know not of the Titan plugin you refer, and suspect that the compatibility issues lie on the titan side rather than the bookworm side, but if you have specific issues I can provide some attempt at help.
12-07-07, 01:26 AM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A quick hack-job for the TMSP bookworm plugin
(I have a soft spot for RPers, although not one myself )

It's a 5min frankenstein's monster made of sewn parts, but seems to be working ok.

Included in the package:
Titan 3.11 (latest ver I could fine)
- only .toc update 20200->20300
Bookworm 0.14 (from this site)
- only .toc update 20100->20300 (works fine with current wow version)
TMSPBookworm (no version)
- ripped out of an outdated compilation of plugins (TMSP)
- various support functions moved out of the compilation core and into the plugin
- a few lua changes to make it wow 2.x compatible (pairs() etc)
- .toc update 11200->20300 :P

Give it a try

Last edited by Cairenn : 12-07-07 at 12:51 PM. Reason: removed link to offsite download - Cair
12-07-07, 12:28 PM   #4
Nyte
A Fallenroot Satyr
Iriel, I'm sure the problem with TitanBookworm is a Titan problem. I found it on Curse as part of the Titan Mod Support Project, dated 11/2/2006. I left a message for the author, but he has not responded, so I thought I'd drop a line to you just in case you used it and kept it updated. Thanks for responding.

Dridzt, thank you so very much for this. I'll give it a try when I get home and let you know. Have you considering posting this here (and maybe at curse and worldofwar) as a Fan Update? I'm sure other Titan users would find it useful. Maybe Iriel would consent to including it in Iriel's Castle or even adding it to the Bookworm download.

PS Stalagnyte is my first real attempt at RPing on WoW. I've found that playing a character is a much slower pace than playing a toon.
12-07-07, 12:47 PM   #5
Jerricka
An Aku'mai Servant

I really enjoy Librarian, it's a very visual mod for collecting book, plaque, well anything you can read ingame, even mail you might want to keep. Has a good UI too. I'd try this one if it had a FuBar plugin, can't stand Titan!
12-07-07, 12:51 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Dridzt, please upload it to the site, even if it is just a temporary hack. We don't like allowing direct links to files that haven't gone through our scanning, for obvious reasons. Thanks for understanding.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
12-07-07, 03:04 PM   #7
Nyte
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Jerricka
I really enjoy Librarian, it's a very visual mod for collecting book, plaque, well anything you can read ingame, even mail you might want to keep. Has a good UI too. I'd try this one if it had a FuBar plugin, can't stand Titan!
I like the fact that Bookworm allows me to make notes to the Book cover. Plus some people have been getting errors with Librarian, and you cannot delete just one book. So all in all, Bookworm is a better choice for me ( I have never gotten an error with it).

I love Titan-- why can't you stand it?
12-07-07, 03:15 PM   #8
Nyte
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Dridzt, please upload it to the site, even if it is just a temporary hack. We don't like allowing direct links to files that haven't gone through our scanning, for obvious reasons. Thanks for understanding.
If you "don't like allowing direct links", then why did you remove the link before I had a chance to download it? If you meant to say "we don't allow direct links", they say so.

I've tried to get this addon updated for several weeks; somebody was nice enough to fix it for me; and now you just take it away.

Now I have to hope that Dridzt sees this and decides that it's worth his time to upload it. Thank you so very, very much!

PS I don't like gold-selling spammers, but that doesn't stop your ownership from being associated with them.
12-07-07, 04:17 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
First, if my phrasing implied that we do allow direct links but just don't like them, I'll correct that: We don't allow direct links. We never have allowed direct links to offsite files. We always pull them whenever we see one and ask the person to upload directly. We allow links to the other major sites, but never to some random file. I'm not impinging Dridzt's honour here, he's a known author and user of the site and we have zero problem with him. Regardless, if he wants to make that file publicly available via our site, it needs to be done through our download database, same as the rest of the files on the site. If you and he wish to exchange the file privately, that is your business and you can use PMs or email for that.

As for the rest, this has been gone over multiple times and I'm not going to get into it again. We have nothing to do with gold sellers, never have. I understand that you are irritated, but slandering us was uncalled for.
12-07-07, 04:52 PM   #10
Nyte
A Fallenroot Satyr
So he CAN give me a link if it's in a PM on your site; he just can't do it in the forums? What's the difference?

Your site cannot become infected by a link posted in a forum message. I assume all the risk when I click on the link.

Last edited by Nyte : 12-07-07 at 05:10 PM.
12-07-07, 07:32 PM   #11
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Cairenn doesn't have to justify removing the link,
I wasn't sure myself it was ok to post it.

I don't mind it being removed.
Better safe than sorry these days.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I'll find a way to post it that doesn't violate site policies.

Edit: The plugin is awaiting approval under Titan Panel "Patch & Addon List" on this site.
Check there later / tomorrow and it should appear as Titan[Bookworm].

Last edited by Dridzt : 12-07-07 at 07:48 PM.
12-07-07, 08:35 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I almost said something myself when I first saw the link put up earlier. Direct links to files are not allowed, no matter who puts them up. What Dridzt could have done (if he didn't want to put it up with a download page, etc) is attach it to the forum post - it would still have gotten scanned upon upload (I think) but just not of the personal approval kind that you get with a "real" addon upload.

We understand that you are disappointed, Nyte, but losing your temper does not earn you any "cool" points in any of our books.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-07-07, 09:33 PM   #13
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Nyte
So he CAN give me a link if it's in a PM on your site; he just can't do it in the forums? What's the difference?

Your site cannot become infected by a link posted in a forum message. I assume all the risk when I click on the link.

Chill out for pete's sake. It's a mod not a cure for cancer.
12-08-07, 01:06 AM   #14
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I explained the difference the first time I responded to you. Public vs private. It's been uploaded, it's been approved, thank you to Dridzt for providing it, hopefully it'll fix the problem you were experiencing.

Dridzt, thanks for understanding, as I knew you would.
12-08-07, 11:01 PM   #15
Jerricka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Nyte
I like the fact that Bookworm allows me to make notes to the Book cover. Plus some people have been getting errors with Librarian, and you cannot delete just one book. So all in all, Bookworm is a better choice for me ( I have never gotten an error with it).

I love Titan-- why can't you stand it?
It's not updated as frequently as FuBar, not as configurable, and there aren't as many mods supported by it. It took me a long time to upgrade to Fubar after using Titan for over a year...but I am so very glad I did!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Iriel's Castle » Bookworm, Iriel, and Titan Panel