10-15-14, 10:04 PM   #1
Hayai
A Defias Bandit

Minion loading ESO DB

Hi there, first thing first I love the new Minion - it's easy to use and it works way faster than the Curse Client (at least for me).

Now I've noticed that upon start up it still loads ESO related things even though I had it unchecked at first launch (and I don't have ESO installed at all).

Thought this might be of interest.

I'm using the 64bit client on a Win 8.1 machine (with latest updates and Java 7 Update 67).

Here are the logs:
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (3.7 KB, 340 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (27.0 KB, 242 views)
10-16-14, 10:43 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi Hayai,

That is currently a bug. Minion is loading the game config and AddOn list which currently are very small files. It should not be trying to detect ESO or its AddOns if you choose to not have Minion detect that game.
10-16-14, 11:36 AM   #3
Hayai
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi Hayai,

That is currently a bug. Minion is loading the game config and AddOn list which currently are very small files. It should not be trying to detect ESO or its AddOns if you choose to not have Minion detect that game.
Right, thought so, well I just thought I'd report it.

One question that I have though is - will you guys keep developing this updater? I like it a lot.
And a second one (^.^) does it only compare the versions on Wowinterface or also some other websites (such as curse for example)?
10-16-14, 12:29 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Hayai View Post
One question that I have though is - will you guys keep developing this updater? I like it a lot.
And a second one (^.^) does it only compare the versions on Wowinterface or also some other websites (such as curse for example)?
Yes, we have big plans for Minion its one of our main focuses. We have a java programmer dedicated to working on it as well as my self working on the API and the fxml UI.

Minion only sees the version on WoWInterface. We do not index AddOns that aren't hosted on our site. We may look at indexing addons and versions on other sites and provide a link to the addons details page so it can be manually downloaded by you. We won't ever have Minion download directly from those sites as that would be very wrong on so many levels. Also Minions version detection for updates right now is a little "dumb" as it only detects that the version is different, its not able to tell if the version is newer or older on wowinterface than whats installed on your system. We are working on this but I don't think we'll ever get to 100% as some authors use non int based versioning schemes. We are working to improve this though! Detecting AddOns and their versions in the wild (not installed by Minion) is more difficult than it looks, the toc tricks you into thinking its easy.

With out giving away too much we are working on some ideas/features to attract more authors to upload/update here too.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-16-14 at 12:37 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Minion loading ESO DB