02-08-07, 03:01 AM   #81
Jelly
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Buttons moving around.

Hey. I've checked the Warcraft Forums and looked over these forums for this question as well as looking at the ingame FAQ and can't seem to find it. I apologize if I missed it somewhere however, I did look. 8)

I've also tried to re-Mazzlefy and have had a couple pretty good Mazzlegasms due to it but none have fixed the issue.

I was in an ill-fated BFD run (3 hours...wtf...) when I noticed that some of my bars had moved and took their bindings with them.

It's a pretty minor thing and if I have to live with it, I can. It'd just be nice to swap them back.

Thank you for your help.

//edit: Well, I mazzified and relogged and it fixed it. If someone can tell me what causes it, that would be super so I don't do it again. lol

Last edited by odiusXpopulis : 02-08-07 at 03:05 AM.

02-08-07, 03:16 AM   #82
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
odius: I assume you mean the top spells and bottom spells switching? If that's the case, then it's the built in paging system. To toggle it back and forth, simply hold shift and move your mousewheel.

-TigerHeart

02-08-07, 03:28 AM   #83
marc31
A Murloc Raider
Hotspots, cameras and General question

My question was about the hotspots in the UI, one of which being trade skills like mining and such always appear when I first loggin. I like the fact the hotspot is there, but am trouble figuring out how to move the hotspots. A bit of guidance here would be appreciated.

2ndly the Camera views are nice, my question though is in high resolution is there a setting that I am overlooking to bring the camera view in and set it there rather than constantly play with the mouse scroll to adjust it.

Is there a way to adjust the casting bar shown? I used to use Ecastingbar which allowed for scaling/style adjustment features. I was unable to find this in the help section as to where this can be scaled up.

Lastly, a general question in reading the help menu about the addons and updates, I was wondering how often can we expect the MazzleUI to be updated so as to refrain as you caution in the menu on updating the mods manually and mazzifying?

thank you for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to reading your response!

marc31

Last edited by marc31 : 02-08-07 at 03:45 AM.

02-08-07, 03:42 AM   #84
Wook
A Murloc Raider
I actually got it working. It didn't fully compplete but it did enough this last time to get all the files in, thanks for the help.

02-08-07, 04:12 AM   #85
Jelly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by TigerHeart
odius: I assume you mean the top spells and bottom spells switching? If that's the case, then it's the built in paging system. To toggle it back and forth, simply hold shift and move your mousewheel.

-TigerHeart
Thank you so much. Somehow, I killed my bindings now. lol
I can't seem to win. Maybe I just need to stop messing with things.

02-08-07, 04:26 AM   #86
Hemonie
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by iljott
Did you remove (or rename) your FONTS, INTERFACE and WTF folders? If not, I suggest you try that first. This once happened to me, but it was because I forgot to remove my old WTF folder.
Did you add any extra addons of your own? If you did, remove them for the time being until everything is sorted out, then add them later on.
What type of Mazzification did you choose (Full, Upgrade or Custom). It's recommended that you do a full Mazzification for the 1st character you Mazzify.
I delete WTF and Interface, i don't Font folder, there is again folder Logs, cache, data, patches and screenshots.

I replace FONT and INTERFACE of MazzelUI folder and i log my first character.
Mazzily me ask and i change my resolution in 1440x900, after i choose a full intall and i respond yes for the lot of questions.(In front addon there is Need upgrade in orange?)
And I clique Mazzily me! and Mazzle cast and nothing!, not errors messages in chatbox, not change in my UI.

Thx a lot

02-08-07, 05:37 AM   #87
SirCasey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Merliin
Great Looking UI Mazz you should be commended however the UI scale is just waay to small for me and im not about to spend the rest of my life resizing artwork to which you yourself said it was hard to do and not reccommended. I went back to my old UI in sadness, but sometimes less is more. Your UI (while great) is hugely overcomplicated especially when i have to get 2" away from my monitor to read anything. I could tweak and work with the other problems but the ui scale is just not workable. Good luck Mazz, and if you ever decide to release a bigger scaled version i will definately give it a shot. Peace
I'm absolutely in agreement here. I only have a 15 inch monitor with 1024x768 resolution, but as much as I love everything you've done with this mod I can't realistically use it because everything, including the Mazz menus, is so small. It was a real treat trying to read the Mazz FAQs with my nose on the monitor. I got Mr. Magoo settings in there too, but I just can't hack it.

Also, since all my key bindings are changed, and I can barely see the letters or numbers on them, I was having a hard time readjusting. (I must say I was impressed with Blessing of Might being remapped to the mouse Scroll Down. I never would have thought to do that)

It sounds like tweaking the UI scale is unsupported, but I tested it anyway. There's just too much to do to fix it.

Since your UI puts everything in the bottom of the window, is there some way to go ahead and expand the UI up a bit to take more bottom screen space but make it readable? Or maybe use the left and right sides of the bottom of the screen above the existing UI to move a couple feature sets out and make the ones that are left a bit bigger? Something like this:

|^|_____|^|
|_________|

And for things to move out, the buff notifications, perhaps the combat text, could go.

Thanks for the incredible amount of work you've put into this UI. I understand you can't make it perfect for everyone because there are so many variables, I just wish there was some way I could realistically use it at a larger scale.

I'm going to try again here in a minute, one more time, before backing out and going to my previous UI that I could read without needing an Ornate Spyglass of my own.

02-08-07, 06:32 AM   #88
txdadu
A Murloc Raider
Tradeskills box

The tradeskills box keeps appearing outside the frame on the bottom of the page, as soon as I click on it, it disappears. Any way to fix it?

Also, how do I disable the annoying yell?

02-08-07, 07:04 AM   #89
zionicest
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Peneth
This addon was well worth the wait! Easy to install, easier still to set up, this mod is this Druid's Emerald Dream.

But alas, I have a problem. I adore the graphics of my party. In fact I adore them so much I'd like to make them larger - or at least the buff/debuffs so I can better elect to decurse or depoison as the case may be. Any ideas how I can do this or is this a fleeting dream?
I suggest you play around with SmartDeBuff. If you activate it it will create a panel of all your party/raid members which is small and unobtrusive. You can then create settings to color code or keybind each individual in that panel based on the debuff you need to decurse/cleanse whatever. It is very gui and extremely easy to use, just left or right click on your mouse and it will do the job accordingly. Hope this helps.

02-08-07, 07:46 AM   #90
Seraph787
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by marc31
Is there a way to adjust the casting bar shown? I used to use Ecastingbar which allowed for scaling/style adjustment features. I was unable to find this in the help section as to where this can be scaled up.
Was this question ever answered? Mine was put in a weird place upon mazzifying. How do I move it?

02-08-07, 07:54 AM   #91
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Is it possible to run the 3d models standalone? What folder is it in AddOns/ and does it have any dependencies?

Please release a standalone 3D model addon, I am only interested in that

Last edited by ravagernl : 02-08-07 at 08:09 AM.

02-08-07, 08:06 AM   #92
Seraph787
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is there a way to move the "Release to Graveyard" message? Because it appears in front of the loots we roll for so I can't greed/need/pass to roll/pass on loots when I'm dead.

02-08-07, 08:15 AM   #93
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by mrruben5
Is it possible to run the 3d models standalone? What folder is it in AddOns/ and does it have any dependencies?

Please release a standalone 3D model addon, I am only interested in that
It is my understanding that the 3d models and the HUD are parts of the core of MazzleUI and Mazzle has no interest in release any parts of it standalone.

02-08-07, 08:41 AM   #94
Saroly
A Defias Bandit

Exclamation 16 slot item box that appears when UI first loads on log-in keeps dissapearing

When I login with my character and the UI loads, there is a 16 slot item bag/button frame that appears on the right hand side of the screen. It typically includes my hearthstone, firstaid, smelting and blacksmithing, but the first time I click on a button it will dissappear. The buttons work and it does what ever its supposed to. It just dissappears. How do I get it back or lock it from dissappearing. I like the quick access to my hearth and other profession buttons.

Otherwise, the UI is perfect. Best I've ever tried and since I finally got around to using addons I've been switching features and preset UI about every 2 or 3 days. THIS IS ONE TO STICK WITH AND NEVER LEAVE. THANKS MAZZLE!!!

02-08-07, 08:44 AM   #95
ComputerUser
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Merliin
I have anticipated this mod for months now. After installing it on a 19" Monitor with 1280 x 768 res @ .64 scale ui, EVERYTHING is waaay too small. I spent 3 and a half hours reading all the faqs and orientation and usage only to find out that resizing the now out of place artwork will be no easy task.

Great Looking UI Mazz you should be commended however the UI scale is just waay to small for me and im not about to spend the rest of my life resizing artwork to which you yourself said it was hard to do and not reccommended. I went back to my old UI in sadness, but sometimes less is more. Your UI (while great) is hugely overcomplicated especially when i have to get 2" away from my monitor to read anything. I could tweak and work with the other problems but the ui scale is just not workable. Good luck Mazz, and if you ever decide to release a bigger scaled version i will definately give it a shot. Peace
I too tried Mazzle for the first time last night. Granted it was on a test machine - Laptop with 15" WS at 1280x? (widemode). I couldn't real the mazzle setup without my nose on the screen.

I'm going to give it one more try 2night on my main with a 32" LCD tv. Hopefully I can read some of it.

Are we doing something wrong? Or is your eyesight that darn good mazzle?

I was really interested in the autosetup and autoSCALING feature. I tried differernt resolutions and the SCALE of the UI didn't seem to improve. *CRY*

Again did I miss something?

02-08-07, 08:46 AM   #96
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Saroly
When I login with my character and the UI loads, there is a 16 slot item bag/button frame that appears on the right hand side of the screen. It typically includes my hearthstone, firstaid, smelting and blacksmithing, but the first time I click on a button it will dissappear. The buttons work and it does what ever its supposed to. It just dissappears. How do I get it back or lock it from dissappearing. I like the quick access to my hearth and other profession buttons.

Otherwise, the UI is perfect. Best I've ever tried and since I finally got around to using addons I've been switching features and preset UI about every 2 or 3 days. THIS IS ONE TO STICK WITH AND NEVER LEAVE. THANKS MAZZLE!!!
That box is the context menu, it is set to disappear after you click on it to use it so that it doesn't stay on the screen all the time. Read the faq's regarding the context menu and it should help you out.

02-08-07, 08:47 AM   #97
WyldAynjel
A Murloc Raider
When using the Clique casting (Thank you for putting that in, it makes life ALOT easier), there is only a very small place on the unit frame that i can hover over to use the mod. It's either at the very top of the unitframe or the very bottom, I was wondering if this was a bug or if not... if there is a way to change it so the space to hover over is larger. The space is so small that if I move the mouse at all besides in that one area, the clique does not work at all.

Thanks again, for all your hard work. Apaprt from this one thing, I have enjoyed it immensely.

02-08-07, 09:02 AM   #98
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by meio
It is my understanding that the 3d models and the HUD are parts of the core of MazzleUI and Mazzle has no interest in release any parts of it standalone.
Would it be possible to just install the core addon and then disable everything except for the models?

02-08-07, 09:08 AM   #99
Inwë
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I am also having a problem with the text size. I set it to Mr. Magoo, which made all the text on other windows HUGE but my chat text is still small. Every time I right click and change the size, it changes back as soon as I open my map or another window. Any suggestions?
Inwë

Edit: I tried /prat fontsize setall 14 but I got an error that /prat fontsize setall is disabled so I went in and did /prat fontsize setmode all which let me do the setall. I think that's got my error fixed, sorry to waste space

Last edited by Inwë : 02-08-07 at 09:11 AM.

02-08-07, 09:08 AM   #100
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Seraph787
Is there a way to move the "Release to Graveyard" message? Because it appears in front of the loots we roll for so I can't greed/need/pass to roll/pass on loots when I'm dead.

"/xloot options" then you can unlock the frame and make visible so that you can move it where ever you want it placed. You can also change the size..

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD