02-13-07, 05:15 AM   #521
moerscho
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nomerci2000
When using Scrolling combat text I have it set to when I enter Combat it alerts me. I was wondering how I could actually change what the Text is that comes up when I enter combat instead of just have *Combat* pop up??

You should be able to edit them in your localization.lua or if you arenīt using the en/GB-Client, the localization.xx.lua for your language. But backup the file before editin, cause i never tried it myself before.

But i have a question for myself:

Is it possible to resize he Context-menu to put more things in?

Last edited by moerscho : 02-13-07 at 05:19 AM.

02-13-07, 05:23 AM   #522
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No. In fact, it should probably help it. They're adding several interesting new capabilities and add-on analysis tools.

02-13-07, 05:35 AM   #523
Jelly
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
No. In fact, it should probably help it. They're adding several interesting new capabilities and add-on analysis tools.
I love you. No really. With my tax return, I shall make a donation! Please keep up the good work!

02-13-07, 07:59 AM   #524
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Last night I had a thought regarding everyone that uses a television as a monitor. This is just a thought and my personal experience so I do not have any definitive tests to either prove or disprove. I had previously posted stating that I've had the best experience with the clarity and legibility of fonts when I would use the native resolution/best aspect ratio for the monitor. This is fine for computer monitors as their pixels are normal squares. However, this is different for tv's.

In the USA televisions use the NTSC video format, which have a preferred resolution of 648x486, however most use compressed square pixels in which the displayed pixel is actually a rectangle and the data is compressed horizontally to have a resolution of 720x486 or occasionally 720x540. Most usa tv's use the 720x486 resolution. Televisions outside of the USA typically use the PAL video format which for the same reasons above, usually have a resolution of 720x576. HDTV's are a different case, if I remember correctly, they will have a resolution of either 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

If my experience with using the appropriate resolution for your monitor runs true for pretty well everyone, then I would expect potential difficulties with the clarity on normal televisions. I would be interested to know what resolutions/aspect ratios people are using that use a television as their monitor as well as their experience with the clarity and legibility of the small fonts. Also, if you're having problems like this, try adjusting the resolution to one of the ones that I've mentioned above depending on your television type and your location to see if that will help alleviate some of the problems.

Edit: Forgot to mention the fact that most televisions have an interlaced display which will further degrade the visual performance... this is of course unless you are using a progressive scanning television such as a 1080p hdtv and your video card that the television is attached to can output a progressive signal.

Last edited by meio : 02-13-07 at 10:15 AM.

02-13-07, 08:13 AM   #525
britomart
A Murloc Raider
Autobar issue

I'm a big fan of Autobar (have been for a while), but something's wonky with its implementation in the MazzleUI. For my characters who happen to have Herb Baked Eggs in their inventory, the food isn't showing up. I've played around with the Autobar settings, and it has food that gives a stamina buff in the right place (the second slot, I think), but for some reason it's just not showing up.

Anyone know why?

--

02-13-07, 08:22 AM   #526
Odairon
A Murloc Raider
Hi,

it's me again.
After using MazzleUI a few days I'm getting slowly but surely familiar with the tons of options hidden in this UI.
There's one thing I'd like to use, but it seems to work not as intended for me. The waypoint guiding feature.
That is what I did so far: Pinging on the minimap results in an big red arrow pointing in the specified direction for a few seconds. Quite nice. When I set up a waypoint by STRG-rightclicking on the map + "Use as waypoint" checkmark or by slashcommand /waypoint xx,yy the waypoint is set and marked by a small red cross on the map and minimap. But unfortunately the big red arrow is missing.
All the cartographer addons are activated, BugSack is still empty and there is still no sign of that guiding-arrow.
So what I'm doing wrong this time?

Thanks for your help
Odairon

02-13-07, 08:36 AM   #527
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Odairon
Hi,

it's me again.
After using MazzleUI a few days I'm getting slowly but surely familiar with the tons of options hidden in this UI.
There's one thing I'd like to use, but it seems to work not as intended for me. The waypoint guiding feature.
That is what I did so far: Pinging on the minimap results in an big red arrow pointing in the specified direction for a few seconds. Quite nice. When I set up a waypoint by STRG-rightclicking on the map + "Use as waypoint" checkmark or by slashcommand /waypoint xx,yy the waypoint is set and marked by a small red cross on the map and minimap. But unfortunately the big red arrow is missing.
All the cartographer addons are activated, BugSack is still empty and there is still no sign of that guiding-arrow.
So what I'm doing wrong this time?

Thanks for your help
Odairon
I've just discovered this feature too. I found after I set the way point using the /way x,y name to set the red x, if I then brought up the map and right clicked the X and selected use as waypoint an arrow would indeed guide me to that location. Note its not the big red arrow that results from pings but a smaller 3d arrow (like the one that guides you back to your dead body). It also has an estimate of distance (in yards). Let me know if this works for you.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester

02-13-07, 08:38 AM   #528
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by britomart
I'm a big fan of Autobar (have been for a while), but something's wonky with its implementation in the MazzleUI. For my characters who happen to have Herb Baked Eggs in their inventory, the food isn't showing up. I've played around with the Autobar settings, and it has food that gives a stamina buff in the right place (the second slot, I think), but for some reason it's just not showing up.

Anyone know why?

--
I just realized I'm also having this problem but it hadn't dawned on me that it was buggy. I attributed it to the fact that most of my toons are in Outlands and its a semi-known issue that many of the expansion items aren't in standard lists. However the thing that was troubling me was Hot Wolf Ribs or something similar that should have been included.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester

02-13-07, 09:14 AM   #529
Odairon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Brem
I've just discovered this feature too. I found after I set the way point using the /way x,y name to set the red x, if I then brought up the map and right clicked the X and selected use as waypoint an arrow would indeed guide me to that location. Note its not the big red arrow that results from pings but a smaller 3d arrow (like the one that guides you back to your dead body). It also has an estimate of distance (in yards). Let me know if this works for you.
Hi Brem,

thank you for your quick answer. I followed your steps, but still nothing that looks like an arrow appears on my screen.
Here is exactly what I did:
1. /way 50,50 guide-me-here
2. opened the map and toggled the "set as waypoint" checkmark off (because it actually was on) and then on again.
3. took a screenshot link

Now you see me a little bit puzzled because you are talking about an arrow that guides me to my corpse? I doubt there was something like this either.

So, where is that arrow supposed to be? Right in the middle off the screen?

Greets

02-13-07, 09:36 AM   #530
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Brem
I just realized I'm also having this problem but it hadn't dawned on me that it was buggy. I attributed it to the fact that most of my toons are in Outlands and its a semi-known issue that many of the expansion items aren't in standard lists. However the thing that was troubling me was Hot Wolf Ribs or something similar that should have been included.
Yeah, i have a stock or arcane elixers and they aren't popping up. Also, should scrolls pop up anywhere?

02-13-07, 09:38 AM   #531
shynobi
A Kobold Labourer
Rogue UI

Ok i just got the UI last night and was messing around with it for about and hour. As a rogue i noticed that when going stealth the hot bar doesn't change like in WOW's default UI. Just wondering if Mazzle is setup differently or do i have to turn on some add-on for it to work like that.

02-13-07, 10:43 AM   #532
Lyc
A Fallenroot Satyr
new patch

Players with multiple chat windows will no longer have fixed channels (ie. general, trade) added back to the main chat window every time they log on.

-Will this mess with any of the chat functions that we should know about?

02-13-07, 10:52 AM   #533
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by shynobi
Ok i just got the UI last night and was messing around with it for about and hour. As a rogue i noticed that when going stealth the hot bar doesn't change like in WOW's default UI. Just wondering if Mazzle is setup differently or do i have to turn on some add-on for it to work like that.
It's a known issue. Please look at the bug forum. There are also several posts in that thread referring to this issue and ways to deal with/remedy it.

02-13-07, 12:02 PM   #534
Joev
A Murloc Raider

First of all i'd just like to say

Absolute awsome UI Mazzle, great work with the in-game installer realy helpfull

Secondly, i've set everything up and getting the hang of using alot of the addons but there just a few things that are slightly annoying me
  • Firstly, the context menu keeps popping up upon log in even though i've told it not to, not exactly a big problem but yeh...
  • The black box at the bottom that is supposed to be behind the Co-ord is just to the left of the co-ords, i'll get a screensht soon
  • The un-used action bar buttons are supposed to be hidden but sometimes they show up

02-13-07, 12:36 PM   #535
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
I got everything set the way I'd like finally, except still no smartdebuff (it's on, but doesn't work) or other compromise for poison/disease alert, and I was hoping to adjust the party BGs a little as the transparency behind things can make it look a little hectic and cluttered down there.

However, I just went to set up my warrior alt, as he is also acting as my bank alt. I ran the mazzifier, and LO! It changed all my DUF adjustments on my MAIN back to the default. *sob*. I spent hours setting those puppies, bummer. I'm going to go start working on putting them back the way I like, for BOTH charachters now. Is there a way to prevent this again? Maybe just copying saved variables onto my alt, instead of re-running the mazzifier? Then would I be able to load the charachter and adjust per-charachter settings from the options menu?

02-13-07, 12:43 PM   #536
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Therok
I got everything set the way I'd like finally, except still no smartdebuff (it's on, but doesn't work) or other compromise for poison/disease alert, and I was hoping to adjust the party BGs a little as the transparency behind things can make it look a little hectic and cluttered down there.

However, I just went to set up my warrior alt, as he is also acting as my bank alt. I ran the mazzifier, and LO! It changed all my DUF adjustments on my MAIN back to the default. *sob*. I spent hours setting those puppies, bummer. I'm going to go start working on putting them back the way I like, for BOTH charachters now. Is there a way to prevent this again? Maybe just copying saved variables onto my alt, instead of re-running the mazzifier? Then would I be able to load the charachter and adjust per-charachter settings from the options menu?
When mazzifying if you do either an upgrade or a custom mazzification and make sure that the layout option is not selected, the process should not modify your layout. That said, I believe that customizations of this nature are not supported so you will probably be mostly on your own with this one.

02-13-07, 01:16 PM   #537
slymm
A Murloc Raider
Mazzlegasm

I skimmed over the posts and the FAQ but either I missed this or it's not addressed.

Is there a way to have a nice, quiet Mazzlegasm so I don't wake up the kids in the other room? The reason I ask this is because I play on an RP realm and yelling "I just had an intense Mazzlegasm!" seems to bring out the immaturity of serveral other players.

The inability to do so won't stop me from using this Superb add-on package, but the ability to do so would be most appreciated.

02-13-07, 01:28 PM   #538
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by slymm
I skimmed over the posts and the FAQ but either I missed this or it's not addressed.

Is there a way to have a nice, quiet Mazzlegasm so I don't wake up the kids in the other room? The reason I ask this is because I play on an RP realm and yelling "I just had an intense Mazzlegasm!" seems to bring out the immaturity of serveral other players.

The inability to do so won't stop me from using this Superb add-on package, but the ability to do so would be most appreciated.
Due to the overwhelming response to this exact question Mazzle started a Mazzlegasm FAQ thread, it's down below the stickied threads.

02-13-07, 02:04 PM   #539
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Therok

A better solution is just to create a profile within DUF with your changed layout. The mazzifier only changed the layout entitle d"MazzleUI". I think I actually warn you about that in the upgrade instructions and suggest iusing profiles, though it's more in the context of saving a profile for your buttons.

As for SmartDebuff, I think it may be placing it incorrectly for lower resolutions. You might be able to get it back by deleting your saved variables file for Smart Debuff.

02-13-07, 02:11 PM   #540
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Odairon
Hi Brem,

thank you for your quick answer. I followed your steps, but still nothing that looks like an arrow appears on my screen.
Here is exactly what I did:
1. /way 50,50 guide-me-here
2. opened the map and toggled the "set as waypoint" checkmark off (because it actually was on) and then on again.
3. took a screenshot link

Now you see me a little bit puzzled because you are talking about an arrow that guides me to my corpse? I doubt there was something like this either.

So, where is that arrow supposed to be? Right in the middle off the screen?

Greets
It should be right above your HUD. Make sure it's enabled in Cartographer. To do this, open your map, click on the Cartographer button and look in the Waypoints menu. If that doesn't work, try remazzifying the layout.

And if that doesn't work, let me know. And let me know your resolution. I may have another issue with the Mazzifier not placing the frame correctly for lower aspect ratios.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD