09-22-11, 09:59 AM   #1
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

quest tracker font opacity

is there a way to set the quest tracker font opacity. no matter which font i use it seems faded out and hard to read without using a HUGE font size.
if its not a font opacity issue maybe is there a way to add text shadow or outline?

thanks

09-23-11, 01:42 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MadCow View Post
is there a way to set the quest tracker font opacity. no matter which font i use it seems faded out and hard to read without using a HUGE font size.
if its not a font opacity issue maybe is there a way to add text shadow or outline?

thanks
The first thing I would check is the "Transparency" setting on your quest watch. If it is not locked, right click on the watch window header (the top bar with the colored buttons) and the transparency slider is the last one in the menu. Make sure it is set to "(1.00)", or all the way to the right.

If your watch window is locked, you have to right click the lock symbol, then right click the header to get the menu.

While you have that menu open, check your "Fade In" and "Fade Out" settings. If you set your "Fade In" to "(1.00)" and your "Fade Out" to "(0.00)" with the transparency set to "(1.00)" you will have a transparent watch list (the frame and backdrop, but not the font) until you mouse over the header. Then the watch window will darken and you can easily see the font.

Menu:Click image for larger version

Name:	QW-Menu.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	6520 Mouseover (Unlocked):Click image for larger version

Name:	QW-Unlocked.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	6521 Mouseover(Locked):Click image for larger version

Name:	QW-Locked.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	6522
Click to get a larger view (might open in a new browser window or tab). Note: I am not using the default Carbonite color scheme.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-24-11, 09:42 AM   #3
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

thanks, that will do i guess for a work around but i was really hoping for some way to add font outline to the text. I even went as far as to take a peek at the code and it was indecipherable to me. Most other addons I can figure small stuff like this out but not w/ Carbonite.

It would be a nice feature to add as Im sure Im not the only person with poor eyesight to use this great mod.

09-24-11, 12:46 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Yeah, I took a look at Carbonites code a couple of times, and I can't figure it out either. That's no surprise for me, though. I'm just not good with code of any kind. However, Carbonites Lua does look a little strange even to my untrained eyes. Regardless, it works.

Trust me, you're not the only Carbonite user with bad eyesight. My eyes aren't too good either, but with the way I set the watch window up, it helps. A lot! Of course, I also keep it on the top of my screen just right of center and minimized all the time, unless there's something I want to check on.

My UI:Click image for larger version

Name:	OrctalesUI.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	6525Click for larger version.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-24-11 at 12:50 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » quest tracker font opacity