10-18-22, 01:04 AM   #1
Ananasbaum
A Defias Bandit
addon calls protected function that's not in the addon

Hey,

I recently rewrote my addon, which I've been using since about MoP. Most of it is code snippets that I kind of threw together.
Most of it works, but since the "update" for WotLK I keep getting .lua errors that I don't understand.
My addon doesn't even use these functions.

Sometimes the TargetFrame is gone, sometimes the TargetToTFrame is missing.
As soon as I get into a vehicle, my MicroButtons are no longer usable and in a different place, furthermore the pockets are sometimes no longer usable.

Maybe someone can help me with this, if someone would deal with it completely, I would certainly also be willing to pay a few dollars/euros via PayPal.

11x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'Addon Main' tried to call the protected function 'ArenaEnemyFrames:ClearAllPoints()'.
[string "@!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua"]:480: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:480>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `ClearAllPoints'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\UIParent.lua"]:2651: in function `UIParentManageFramePositions'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\UIParent.lua"]:1936: in function <Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1923>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `SetAttribute'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\UIParent.lua"]:2687: in function <Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2685>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `Hide'
[string "@FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua"]:103: in function <FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:95>
[string "@FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua"]:127: in function <FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:119>
3x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'Addon Main' tried to call the protected function 'TargetFrameToT:Show()'.
[string "@!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua"]:480: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:480>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `Show'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua"]:950: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua"]:441: in function `TargetFrame_OnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Locals:
Skipped (In Encounter)
1x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'Addon Main' tried to call the protected function 'TargetFrameToT:Hide()'.
[string "=[C]"]: in function `Hide'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua"]:962: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua"]:118: in function `TargetFrame_Update'
[string "@Interface_Wrath\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua"]:158: in function `OnEvent'
[string "@FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua"]:742: in function <FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:740>
[string "=[C]"]: in function `TargetUnit'
[string "@FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua"]:485: in function `handler'
[string "@FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua"]:625: in function `SecureActionButton_OnClick'
[string "@FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua"]:665: in function <FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:657>
Need to upload the addon as multiple .lua files are used.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Q7?usp=sharing

Thanks!
10-18-22, 03:14 AM   #2
sirpucna
An Aku'mai Servant
instead of
Code:
TargetFrame.SetPoint = function() end
try
Code:
 TargetFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)
and so on
10-19-22, 01:04 AM   #3
Ananasbaum
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by sirpucna View Post
instead of
Code:
TargetFrame.SetPoint = function() end
try
Code:
 TargetFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)
and so on
that does not work, getting .lua errors and the UI is not working anymore.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » addon calls protected function that's not in the addon