12-25-14, 01:16 PM   #1
Nightstaber
A Defias Bandit
Inscription Research / Gathering parts combining

Hey Wow Interface..

I've got an idea, but unfortunately no addon programming skills..

I was wondering if it was possible to create a list of glyphs that can be obtained from researching a specific ink, and then compare it to currently known glyphs, so you could get a UI window that could possibly say something like "Research: Moonglow Ink (25 / 30), so you would know that you could research that item 5 more times and get something..

If we were to go advanced, it would be awesome to be able to expand that list, and see which glyphs could be researched.

Besides from that, i'd love to get an addon to easily detect and combine herbalism / mining / gathering parts, gained from having too low skill to actually get the actual flower, then you get parts.. Just like you are able to mill whenever you have 5 of the flowers.. Like 1-click milling / prospecting.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to do this?

In regards to the last addon, i'm thinking maybe something like searching inventory item tooltips for "Combine ten", since that should make it work for both mining, herbalism and possibly leatherworking, although i've got no clue about that one =)

Regards,

Nightstaber / Loralay / Ellana

Last edited by Nightstaber : 12-25-14 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Edited title
12-26-14, 11:49 AM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Like Ackis Recipe List: Inscription
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cription.html?
12-26-14, 02:00 PM   #3
Nightstaber
A Defias Bandit
Ye, well not exactly..

Ackis Recipe List does show me which glyphs i don't have the recipe for..

Although i will have to look up every single glyph, which research it comes from..

It would be cool to know "This research can still grant you x glyphs, and this grants you y glyphs".. Ish..
12-26-14, 02:23 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Seeing as there is no actual API that gives you this information it might be a good idea to see if Ackis Recipe List creator is willing to add that information in based on the details they have gathered or the individual addon creators if they are different.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-30-14, 03:33 PM   #5
Nightstaber
A Defias Bandit
Why would we / i need an API to get this information?

I suppose when Acki's Recipe List can retrieve info on which glyphs i already have, wouldn't it be possible to make an addon that get's that info, and compares it to a list of addons, divided into sections of which research they belong to?

I'd be happy to help by providing a list / dividing them into different research materials.
12-30-14, 05:58 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Nightstaber View Post
Why would we / i need an API to get this information?
Because the only ways you can get any information in an addon are:

1) Get the information from the game through an API function. This is how you get information like "how much health do I have?" and "what items are on the auction house right now" etc.

2) Collect the information from some source outside of the game and hard-code it into the addon files. This is time consuming and typically very tedious, even if you write a script to do most of the work for you, not to mention it's easy to end up loading multiple megabytes of static data, so everyone avoids it when possible.

This is why it would be much easier to add the display feature you want to an addon that's already done all the work of collecting and formatting the data in an addon-usable way, like Ackis Recipe List.
12-30-14, 10:07 PM   #7
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Nightstaber View Post
Ye, well not exactly..

Ackis Recipe List does show me which glyphs i don't have the recipe for..

Although i will have to look up every single glyph, which research it comes from..

It would be cool to know "This research can still grant you x glyphs, and this grants you y glyphs".. Ish..
Or you could take advantage of the fact that the Draenor Research will learn all the "lower level" recipes after it finishes learning the Draenor ones.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Reload this Page Inscription Research / Gathering parts combining