05-02-05, 04:13 PM   #1
koobz
A Defias Bandit
No AddOns Button

Hi there,

My buddy sent me a bunch of Add-ons to try with WoW. When I copied them to D:\Program Files\World Of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns and load then load the game, I don't see the AddOns button in the lower left corner of the Character Selection Screen. The Addons are in there own folders under the Interface\Addons folder with all their respective files in then. I checked the XML files to see if they were hard coded for the C drive but they're not. I tried searching for posts with similiar problems, but couldn't fnd any.

Please Help!!
05-02-05, 05:05 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, using just one of the addons he sent you as an example, post your exact install path, please? From starting point (C drive, D drive, whatever) right through until individual files within the addon.
05-02-05, 05:20 PM   #3
koobz
A Defias Bandit
I was wrong, it was the E drive but regardless, here it what you requested:

E:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\SellValue\*.*
05-02-05, 05:23 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*blink*

That's the exact install path? And that is the same place that your actual World of Warcraft game runs from? The *.* is the files, there aren't any more folders between ..\SellValue and the *.*?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-02-05, 05:25 PM   #5
koobz
A Defias Bandit
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

I guess when my buddy sent me the RAR of all the mods, and after extracting it to the wrong drive, it still created all the WoW folders (minus the files.) That is what confused me. Thanks for helping me give my head a shake.
05-02-05, 05:27 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ahhh, okay, so it just went to the wrong place, your actual *correct* WoW directory is elsewhere?

Glad to have helped.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-01-07, 12:18 PM   #7
Kosuke
A Kobold Labourer
Same Problem

I'm having the same problem but I think its for different reasons... If anyone can help that would be great!
06-01-07, 01:16 PM   #8
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Try following the instructions that Cairenn described above, post your exact install path, from the root drive right through to one of your installed addons folder. Like this:

D:\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Atlas

It's also worth checking what folders you have in your World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder, if you see another Interface or Addons folder then check what's inside those. If you see any more folders then move them up to the actual Addons folder. Just to clarify that, if you see either (change Atlas in these for the name of the installed addon(s) you have):

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Interface\AddOns\Atlas

or

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\AddOns\Atlas

Then they are wrong, in these examples you would need to move the Atlas folder up to the first Addons folder. Once you've moved all addon folders then the extra \Interface\AddOns and/or \AddOns folder(s) can be deleted.

Simply put, all addons must be installed directly to your World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder. If it helps, look for the default Blizzard addons such as:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_AuctionUI

Hope this helps resolve your problem.
06-19-08, 02:18 PM   #9
dragonfist
A Defias Bandit
hi iam having the same problem and i have the blizzardUI files in the c:/worldof warcraft/interface/addons file but i am still not getting the addon button can you tell me what i am doing wrong.....I have them working on pc this is my friends pc i am trying to load them on and they aren't working....but i put hte path that they are loaded to.....
06-19-08, 06:05 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you read the "Having Trouble Installing Addons?" sticky at the top of this forum?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-24-08, 09:21 AM   #11
dragonfist
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Did you read the "Having Trouble Installing Addons?" sticky at the top of this forum?

as a matter of fact yes i did and like i said before they work on my p at home but it is not showing up on my buddies pc and i did everything the same way.....that is why the post to this thread
06-24-08, 09:48 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What is the full path to the TOC file in one of your Addons?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-20-08, 05:42 PM   #13
shadowbizkit251765
A Kobold Labourer
Just to get this out on the net for anyone else having issues with no addons button.

I just had a friend have this issue. His problem was that there was a ghost Interface folder that was created by an addon that was installed. For some reason the game does not recognize any addon placed in this folder, but you will have 2 interface folders.

"FIX"

The simple fix is to organize your wow folder by "modified" then delete one of the Interface folders. Log into your account/character then log out. Go back to your wow folder and arrange my modified. There should be a new Interface folder. Make sure you delete any other Interface folder aside from the new one. Reinstall your addons to the new Interface folder and log in, you should have your button.

I don't know why it does this, but so far this fix has been confirmed for many others. I hope it helps!
04-08-11, 01:30 PM   #14
ituneman
A Murloc Raider
the same problem

i recently bought a laptop and installed WoW onto it but it hasnt completed the installation yet its still got 5 GB to go but im in the green. Anyway i put some addons into the addons folder but then i went to turn them on in the character selction screen and the button in the left hand corner wasnt there.
any suggestions?
thanks
04-08-11, 01:59 PM   #15
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What operating system is the laptop running? Sounds like it could be the Virtual Store in Windows....
04-08-11, 03:28 PM   #16
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ituneman View Post
i recently bought a laptop and installed WoW onto it but it hasnt completed the installation yet its still got 5 GB to go but im in the green. Anyway i put some addons into the addons folder but then i went to turn them on in the character selction screen and the button in the left hand corner wasnt there.
any suggestions?
thanks
The installation bar is in the green because this is the new streaming client, it means that it will download data as you play. So if you are in westfall it will try to download data before downloading stranglethorn vale for instance.

Have you read http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1236

In my opinion "Anyway i put some addons into the addons folder" is not descriptive enough

Of more importance are the following questions:
3. What is the name of the mod? Provide a link for it;

4. What steps did you take to install the mod? Post your install path;

5. Be as descriptive as you can. Just posting you cant get xyz mod to work will result in no responce to your help request. The more information you can provide the faster some one will be able to respond with a helpful answer. Describe what AddOns you have installed, what you did that caused the problem, exactly what happens;

6. list the things you've tried and what happened for each of them.

Last edited by ravagernl : 04-08-11 at 03:35 PM.
04-09-11, 04:50 AM   #17
ituneman
A Murloc Raider
Im running on a 64-bit operating system
04-09-11, 10:08 AM   #18
Taryble
A Molten Giant

XP 64? Vista x64? Win7 x64? MacOS? Some Linux distro? It actually matters (and yes, there IS a 64-bit XP).
04-10-11, 01:28 PM   #19
ituneman
A Murloc Raider
windows 7 64
04-10-11, 01:32 PM   #20
ituneman
A Murloc Raider
oh and also i can run everything on ultra in WoW and it runs fine but i cant see the water its only when i go and swim in the water is when i can see it
any help?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No AddOns Button