02-28-21, 08:35 PM   #1
itsjustjono
A Murloc Raider
Need help identifying/fixing certain LUA issues

I am pretty savvy with addons, so all of the ones I used [not many] are up to date, and I can play around with the lua myself if there are any issues. I’m using buggrab/sack, and have noticed that, whenever I join a BG or Arena, I’ll often have random errors pertaining to various addons (could be chatter, could be masque, could be a blizzard frame) that don’t impede on my gameplay but would be nice to sort out nonetheless. These include:

Addon X tried to call the protected function
Blizzard_PVPmatch/pvpmatchtable.lua attempt to index file
Addon ‘x’ tried to call protected function ‘CompactRaidFrame1. ClearAllPoints’
Any idea on how to fix these would be appreciated [particularly the latter two, which don’t seem to be a ‘fault’ with the addons, per se; rather, with how they interact].

I guess my question is what can I do to sort this, and if these are just standard lua/taint issues, can I 'filter' them via BugGrabber somehow so that they don't show?
03-01-21, 06:43 AM   #2
rulezyx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Alot of these errors are usually UnitFrame related.

If you play with the default UI you should update the codes/ your addons.

If it happens alot and in this case if they dont bother you, use Advanced Interface Options (Addon) or a similar addon and simply turn LUA-Error Messages off and you can still grab them and fix it later.

Otherwise you need to post the full error-text to get help with figuring out what causes the issues.

Last edited by rulezyx : 03-01-21 at 06:48 AM.
03-01-21, 10:54 AM   #3
itsjustjono
A Murloc Raider
Cheers, mate.

I use an addon called 'EasyFrames': it's updated, but perhaps that is causing some of the 'compactraidframe' and stuff.

I'll post a text file later!
03-01-21, 03:32 PM   #4
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The CompactRaidFrame error has been going on almost from the beginning of Blizzard implementing it. When specific errors are thrown from an addon you will generally see this error popup about the frames even though said addon does nothing to the addon.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
03-01-21, 04:42 PM   #5
itsjustjono
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
The CompactRaidFrame error has been going on almost from the beginning of Blizzard implementing it. When specific errors are thrown from an addon you will generally see this error popup about the frames even though said addon does nothing to the addon.
Yeah man... just had it now appear for WeakAuras. Is there any way to fix it, or stop it from appearing even on buggrabber lol? Just a bit OTT and hate seeing red errors where it can be avoided!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help identifying/fixing certain LUA issues