11-15-11, 01:48 AM   #1
strickland
A Cyclonian
The Old Nurfed UNITFRAMES.

years ago, I been using Nurfed unitframes without their other utilities, I'm so used to it and love it so much.... its been outdated for awhile, and back when apoco released Nurfed 2, the looks of their untiframes were different, anyways its outdated aswell and nobody been updating nurfed at all.

then Kollektiv released a nurfed like UF look, it was so nice until Cata where it stopped working aswell. and I been since looking for any unitframe that copies the old Nurfed, but haven't found any at all.

If you know of a unitframe addon that can be modified to bring the looks of nurfed Unitframes, please share with me.... or if you are a developer , please consider making a unitframe that looks the same, I am sure alot of people would download it xD

thanks!
11-15-11, 04:10 AM   #2
Fugaru
A Murloc Raider
I looked at some google images searching for Nurfed unit frames and as far as I can see, they are very similar to Xperl Unit Frames.

Xperl is used by a lot of people, gives many options and perhaps you can configure it to your liking.

I'm not a fan of the looks of it but it's personal taste anyway.
11-16-11, 12:43 AM   #3
strickland
A Cyclonian
Hmm, That addon does not look a bit like nurfed, maybe a little, but for those who have usen nurfed ,they can really tell the difference , i would like to request developers if at all possible making unitframe that look exactly like old nurfed, here's a screenshot.!

http://shell.lomag.net/~pawnee/snapshot1.png

making it simple for, player/target/party/focus would be nice, and aggro alert..

xperl is a bit messy and big with tons of unwanted features for me.

thanks

Last edited by strickland : 11-16-11 at 04:31 PM.
11-16-11, 12:54 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could make unit frames that looked that way very easily with an addon like ShadowedUnitFrames or PitBull4. If you wanted something without so much in-game configuration, and were not averse to working directly with the code, you could create an oUF layout that looked any way you wanted.
11-16-11, 06:15 AM   #5
strickland
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
You could make unit frames that looked that way very easily with an addon like ShadowedUnitFrames or PitBull4. If you wanted something without so much in-game configuration, and were not averse to working directly with the code, you could create an oUF layout that looked any way you wanted.
I would create an oUF with that one IF i could, I wish i have, I'm terrible with coding, and for the shadowed and pitbull I have gave it a go before posting, couldn't get them to look like those at all, believe me I've tried, lets hope kollektiv will update his in the future or something...
11-16-11, 07:13 AM   #6
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Honestly they look more like Perl Classic unit frames than xperl. Maybe worth a quick look.
11-16-11, 09:49 AM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I could use StUF to remake the Nurfed frames in just a few minutes - looks like a pretty easy setup to duplicate.

I'm basing that on this image from Nurfed's forums (I assume it's the default NUF layout):

Last edited by Taryble : 11-16-11 at 09:57 AM.
11-16-11, 03:30 PM   #8
strickland
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
I could use StUF to remake the Nurfed frames in just a few minutes - looks like a pretty easy setup to duplicate.

I'm basing that on this image from Nurfed's forums (I assume it's the default NUF layout):

Thats exactly what I want !! pretty and clean, looks so much like nurfed xD Ok I admitted before and again i'm bad at customizing and stuff like that, could you pretty pleasssssse give me your import or lau ? I'm not sure how StUF works, some UF's has export/import utility, if you got that please share it with me, thanks.
11-16-11, 06:19 PM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I didn't make that - I was using it as my reference image. StUF doesn't support an export/import, but it's default setup is actually fairly close to that, and is pretty easy to understand how to configure it.

I'll take a poke at it later this evening, and if I do get it figured out, I'll pastebin the SV file (or post it as an attachment or something).
11-16-11, 07:38 PM   #10
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Roughly 5 minutes of playing got this result (see attachment).

Hardest part was the "custom lua" to show the target's name class-colored, so I'm including it here (and by "hardest" I mean "most annoying for people who aren't into lua coding ).

How to use this: just pop open a Text section, select "Custom Lua", paste this in, hit "Accept", and click the box for "Frequent Updates".

Code:
function(unit, cache, textframe)
  if UnitExists("target") then
    if UnitIsPlayer("target") then
      local classcolor = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[select(2, UnitClass("target"))]
      return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r",classcolor.r*255,classcolor.g*255,classcolor.b*255,UnitName("target")
    end
  end
  return
end
I'm not exactly feeling well at the moment, so I'll finish it up tomorrow (so far, only the Player frame is done - I'll do Target, ToT, Focus, Pet, Party, etc, tomorrow when I feel better).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.png
Views:	1616
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	6586  

Last edited by Taryble : 11-16-11 at 07:41 PM.
11-17-11, 01:15 PM   #11
strickland
A Cyclonian
Roughly 5 minutes of playing got this result (see attachment).

Hardest part was the "custom lua" to show the target's name class-colored, so I'm including it here (and by "hardest" I mean "most annoying for people who aren't into lua coding ).

How to use this: just pop open a Text section, select "Custom Lua", paste this in, hit "Accept", and click the box for "Frequent Updates".

Code:
function(unit, cache, textframe)
  if UnitExists("target") then
    if UnitIsPlayer("target") then
      local classcolor = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[select(2, UnitClass("target"))]
      return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r",classcolor.r*255,classcolor.g*255,classcolor.b*255,UnitName("target")
    end
  end
  return
end
I'm not exactly feeling well at the moment, so I'll finish it up tomorrow (so far, only the Player frame is done - I'll do Target, ToT, Focus, Pet, Party, etc, tomorrow when I feel better).
Thats so awesome, I'm so excited man, you must be good with Stuf, cause I been trying to copy that, but I'm not getting 100% right, like yours.
11-17-11, 07:48 PM   #12
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Just a note - anything that doesn't show up in the screenshot of Nurfed that I'm using, I'm not configuring - leader icon, loot icon, status icon, cast bars, etc, etc.

And I JUST got to where I can work on other frames today - it's been a long darn day (it's 7:48pm, and I've been up since 5am, so it's been nearly 15 hrs already ).

Last edited by Taryble : 11-17-11 at 07:50 PM.
11-17-11, 08:03 PM   #13
strickland
A Cyclonian
Just a note - anything that doesn't show up in the screenshot of Nurfed that I'm using, I'm not configuring - leader icon, loot icon, status icon, cast bars, etc, etc.

And I JUST got to where I can work on other frames today - it's been a long darn day (it's 7:48pm, and I've been up since 5am, so it's been nearly 15 hrs already ).
here's another screenshot from somebody, with a leader icon,loot icon belong to one of his group, not himself, you can see it

http://gyauza.egoism.jp/wow/blog_iso...mple_inZG.html

also, you can see that the health bar, and mana bar is bright and shiny, not normal green, but bright green, god bless!
11-17-11, 08:06 PM   #14
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Target, Party 1-4, and Player all completed - I'm really not sure how to set it up for others.

Here's the character-specific Stuf.lua for it - set your StUF to "Save Per Character" at the bottom of the "Global" page, then quit WoW.

Put this file in your
WoW\WTF\Accuont\ACCOUNTNAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables folder, and then start WoW and load the character you put this in.

Open StUF's config and click "Enable Drag" to move the frames. :>

You _WILL_ need to go into the "Global" page once you load this! I've got a heavily modified WoW setup - including modified tooltip borders.

You'll need to change (and/or set) the following options:
Border Texture (dropdown - will be blank, set it to Blizzard Tooltip)
Statusbar Texture (dropdown - may be blank or Melli Dark, set it to whatever bar texture you like).

The "bright and shiny" bar is due to the texture that layout used - if you look up in the thread, the "default" Nurfed frame I posted earlier has a very different Health bar than the one you just posted.
Attached Files
File Type: lua Stuf.lua (49.0 KB, 703 views)

Last edited by Taryble : 11-17-11 at 08:16 PM.
11-17-11, 10:25 PM   #15
strickland
A Cyclonian
Target, Party 1-4, and Player all completed - I'm really not sure how to set it up for others.

Here's the character-specific Stuf.lua for it - set your StUF to "Save Per Character" at the bottom of the "Global" page, then quit WoW.

Put this file in your
WoW\WTF\Accuont\ACCOUNTNAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables folder, and then start WoW and load the character you put this in.

Open StUF's config and click "Enable Drag" to move the frames. :>

You _WILL_ need to go into the "Global" page once you load this! I've got a heavily modified WoW setup - including modified tooltip borders.

You'll need to change (and/or set) the following options:
Border Texture (dropdown - will be blank, set it to Blizzard Tooltip)
Statusbar Texture (dropdown - may be blank or Melli Dark, set it to whatever bar texture you like).

The "bright and shiny" bar is due to the texture that layout used - if you look up in the thread, the "default" Nurfed frame I posted earlier has a very different Health bar than the one you just posted.

Yayyy! Thats awesome, thank you very much mate! it worked perfectly and I made a little changes here and there, looks exactly like nurfed! <3

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » The Old Nurfed UNITFRAMES.