11-18-14, 07:58 AM   #1
jessica
A Cyclonian
Refreshing?

Hi, It's either i'm blind or something, but where is the button to refresh to check if my addons still up-to-date.

For example, I have it open for a long time and it shows everything up-to-date, but there are few updates that arent showing unless I close minion and re-open it.

Another example, I see few updates, but I went to the website manually and updated them myself, in the minion software they still have an "Update" button, but I actually literally manually updated that version, how to refresh and see that its fine?
11-22-14, 03:43 PM   #2
Darkspy
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I would be interested also
11-23-14, 01:40 AM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Minion refreshes automatically every hour. Did you have Minion open for more than an hour?

Good idea about a manual refresh button. Will add that to our list. Thanks.

Sounds like we need a right click refresh button for individual addons if you tend to update a specific one manually. Minion doesn't handle this all to well and will show the old version number because thats what it has cached in the C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\minion.xml and the only time that cache is updated is if the addon is updated using Minion or removed.
11-25-14, 06:37 AM   #4
strickland
A Cyclonian
Even after an hour, it doesn't refresh to me.

A on command button is nice imo.
11-26-14, 06:33 PM   #5
jmac1986
A Murloc Raider
I use a Mac and every once in a while minion does not close and I have to force quit. Is there an update? I do not see anyplace to check if there is. I understand this is a beta.
12-02-14, 03:58 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by jmac1986 View Post
I use a Mac and every once in a while minion does not close and I have to force quit. Is there an update? I do not see anyplace to check if there is. I understand this is a beta.
Right now in OSX if you don't close Minion using the X in the upper right hand corner it will hang. We have a bug ticket in for this just not sure when it will get fixed. We are working on a massive update to Minion so its using the latest JRE.
12-02-14, 03:59 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by strickland View Post
Even after an hour, it doesn't refresh to me.

A on command button is nice imo.
Thanks, I'll take a look into this.

If you happen to leave Minion open again for a few hours can you post your minion0.log? Minion should be logging every time it refreshes data from the api. In OSX if you open a terminal and type: open ~/.minion it should open a window with the log.

Last edited by Dolby : 12-02-14 at 04:02 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Refreshing?