07-25-18, 05:22 PM   #1
teh_fixerer
A Kobold Labourer
Malicious Ads on the site

Apologies if this is not the right section to post this. Please move if needed.

Fairly recently the WowInterface site is trying to load what seems to be different kinds malicious ads. I am running Chrome and Trend Micro Internet Security. Without clicking on a link, and having no other browser tabs open, A site which Trend Micro thinks is blocked will attempt to load. Obviously I am going to close the browser and not want to investigate which sites are causing this in order to report the issue in better detail.

I cannot duplicate this behavior on other sites nor is Trend Micro picking up any types of malicious files on my system during routine scheduled scans.

Any ideas how best to report/deal with this or is just closing the browser doing all that can be done?

Thanks.
07-25-18, 05:54 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi teh_fixerer,

Very sorry this is happening to you!

If/When it happens and you close and re-open your browser can you load this URL? http://mb.zam.com/mb/History It will list the history of Ads that were sent to you from our ad provider and ad scanner service that is suppose to auto remove these ads. Then I can forward it on to them so they can search and destroy those ads.

Last edited by Dolby : 07-25-18 at 05:57 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Malicious Ads on the site