08-30-12, 07:49 AM   #1
Plotva
A Murloc Raider
Fonts!

Hi everyone, the subj is: after 5.0.4 i cant simply change all ingame fonts by creating folder "Fonts" with 4 basic font files and renaming my fonts into names of existing blizzard fonts. Now i should use addon for my aim, but i still cant find a suitable one, every new addon i try has a lack of functions or smth another that makes me angry So, is that possible in that patch to change fonts somehow like i did before? Or its inevitably to use an addon for this purpose? If its inevitable to use an addon, plz suggest me one that wouldnt want me to stare at .lua file in order to turn off stupid outline of any font or smth like this.
08-30-12, 11:33 AM   #2
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Which fonts can't you change using the regular method?

I didn't change anything from Cata to MoP and the fonts that are in my WoW/Fonts folder are still overriding everything as intended (as far as I can tell).
08-31-12, 04:36 AM   #3
Plotva
A Murloc Raider
What a badluck, after my first launch 5.0.4 i saw that menu and npc names turn into standart blizzard font, i even tried to load new client and reinstall my UI, but nothing has changed
08-31-12, 06:10 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm still using the same Fonts folder I've been using for years, and everything -- including the login screen, and overhead unit names -- are displayed in my custom font as expected, so I don't think Blizzard has changed anything. There must be something not quite right on your end.

Are you on Windows or Mac?

If you're on Windows, make sure you don't have file extensions hidden... otherwise you're probably giving your files names like "ARIALN.ttf.ttf" instead of the correct "ARIALN.ttf". To turn off file extension hiding, click the "Organize" button at the top of any folder window (just below the back/forward arrows), click "Folder and search options" in the dropdown menu, click the "View" tab in the popup dialog, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", and finally click "OK" to close the popup dialog. Now you should see the real, full names of all files. Make sure there aren't double extensions.

Posting a screenshot of your Fonts folder might help, too.
08-31-12, 09:48 AM   #5
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can confirm it still works, so it's definitely a file naming issue.
09-01-12, 03:55 AM   #6
Plotva
A Murloc Raider
Also its worth to add that using familiar folder "Fonts" still helps to change some fonts into mine:
- login and pass fonts,
- almost all addons fonts, except tiptac and may be couple more.
Other fonts (npc, dialog boxes, announcements, warnings etc.) remain standart.

My file extension isnt hidden, here is a screenshot.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Fonts!