10-21-09, 12:07 PM   #1
Tithulta
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just curious if

Anyone else is having trouble switching realms? Sorry about asking here, but i really hate the wow forums of blizzards.
10-21-09, 12:22 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Do you mean transferring to a different realm/server, or switching in game to log in to a different character on a different server?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-21-09, 12:25 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tithulta View Post
Anyone else is having trouble switching realms? Sorry about asking here, but i really hate the wow forums of blizzards.
If you can log into one server but not onto another server and the server you're trying to get on is up, you probably just need to flush your DNS Cache.
10-21-09, 12:26 PM   #4
Tithulta
A Black Drake

lol in typical blizzard fashion after trying repeated for at least 30 min to just switch realms to play on some of me other characters I leave it long enough to read some other posts and go back to it it's D/ced probably from being inactive. Log in and now i can switch.. go figure. I guess next time it happens i'll try just logging out and back in.
10-21-09, 01:33 PM   #5
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I've had this problem several times. But there does not seam to be a pattern as to when it works and when it does not. The solution for me has been just to drop back to the login screen and go back in. ( I never wait more than 30 sec.)
10-22-09, 01:50 AM   #6
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Other WOW problem, hangup on exit

Another problem I have been having is when I go to exit. WOW will lockup the computer, I end up having to go to stand-by, then login to a different account and kill WOW with the task manager. This doesn't happen all the time but enough to really get old.
I am thinking it is one of the add-ons that is hanging when writing out the saved var. But since it doesn't happen all the time it is really hard to track down.
Is anyone else having this problem?
10-22-09, 03:57 AM   #7
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

The hangup happens to me too, are you running Windows 7 by any chance?

I just hit WIN+R (to open the Run dialog) and type "tskill wow" which kills the WoW-process. Can't see what I'm doing but works nevertheless.
10-22-09, 06:38 AM   #8
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Ailae View Post
The hangup happens to me too, are you running Windows 7 by any chance?

I just hit WIN+R (to open the Run dialog) and type "tskill wow" which kills the WoW-process. Can't see what I'm doing but works nevertheless.
No, I am running XP. The only way out (without rebooting) for me, is to put the computer into suppend mode, I have a button on my keyboard, then when I un-suppend I am back at the select user screen. So I login to my admin account then kill the WOW process from the task manager.

Some day when I have nothing to do (ha ha). I will track down witch addon is causing the problem.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Just curious if