02-09-07, 08:33 AM   #21
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

This has obviously been blown completely out of proportion.
By yourself. This topic has been brought up other times on other threads where people simply go "I don't like this, but i'll live with it because i like the ui".

Personally, i think the yell is hilarious. I want her to keep it in. What makes your wants any more important then the devs and other users?

Seriously, if you cant handle a emote every time you mazzle, then don't use it. Mazzle is not going to bend backwards for you.

02-09-07, 08:52 AM   #22
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Pockie
...This is my only complaint with MazzleUI. I have not requested any major coding to be taken out, any addon to be added...
I didn't realize Mazzle Inc had gone public, from which you are apparently the majority shareholder.

Ok, all joking aside...what's the big deal? You didn't pay for the mod did you? Just don't use it if you don't like it. I would much rather see Mazzle spend her time working on bug fixes or feature/mod additions that benefit the entire community instead of removing something that such a miniscule portion of the user base finds annoying, regardless of how trivial a task it may be.

02-09-07, 10:38 AM   #23
Dulcea
A Murloc Raider
Actually...

I hope you know that the moaning suggestively Blizzard has as part of the standard set of emotes. /moan or /moan *character name* will prompt the same responses. Its not a unique emote.

Although...I'm used to my boyfriend using it on me. *grin*

As for Mazzle responding to you...to be honest, his primary beta tester HAS responded to you, in a polite and friendly manner. Everyone I have seen on the forums who HAS complained about the mazzlegasm, has been told the same thing, with references as to how to fix it if the person asks. What more could any user ask for?

02-09-07, 10:56 AM   #24
Pockie
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by coniferous
By yourself.
<snip>
Seriously, if you cant handle a emote every time you mazzle, then don't use it. Mazzle is not going to bend backwards for you.
No, it has been blown out of proportions by the people who obviously couldn't take the criticism. I air what I feel about it and get told to "relax" and that "it's just a game". A person doesn't like something in your favorite UI - just deal with it, don't go all fanboy over each other. I thought criticism was an integral part of the process of building a good app.

I am not saying that Mazzle should bend backwards. For the love of...! All I did was criticise it, think it was out of bounds, and that I would like to know why it was there.

And I know the /moan-emote is a standard emote. That's not the point. The point is that the UI did it without me wanting to. The point is that the UI chatted as if it was me. You don't seem to understand what I am getting at. Some people might find it hilarious, others intrusive. I can see why you want it there, I just don't like the idea that it happens without the end user having any say in the matter (except hacking the lua-files, we've been down that road). Like me when I first experienced it. Just calm down and listen to what I am saying about it.

Never mind, obviously there is no point to this discussion. You like it, I didn't. I wanted it removed, you didn't. I wanted a straight answer, all I got was people too busy to defend it to give me one.

Good luck with the UI, Mazzle. I can only hope you take the emote out at some point. Until then, take care.

02-09-07, 01:41 PM   #25
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

MazzleGASM FAQ

This is the post that the original FAQ was in. After merging in posts from other threads, I had to do some cutting and pasting to get it on top. Anyway, all posts before this were made before the FAQ was posted.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-09-07 at 03:13 PM.

02-09-07, 01:47 PM   #26
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Question: Oh my god, my character did something I didn't tell it to fo! It's out of my control! That's just not right.

Answer:

If you don't like an add-on that makes your character say something when you install it, don't use it. It's the same thing as choosing not to use an add-on like Necrosis that mutters something when you summon your pet. No one is forcing you to use this.

To make sure you know about this, I've added a clearly labelled note at the end of the the description of the UI that warns you that your character may yell and emote when installing.
For accuracy purposes, this is a bad comparison. In Necrosis, it is simple to disable the whacky pet comments. I don't use your UI, but it seems to be that your "Mazzlegasm" (LOL!!) can't be disabled. Then again, who would want to disable any type of *gasm.

02-09-07, 01:53 PM   #27
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

True, but even if you could not disable Necrosis' rp'ing comments, the conclusion I made would be exactly the same. If you don't like what the add-on does, don't use it.

02-09-07, 02:01 PM   #28
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Pockie
I hope that perhaps Mazzlefizz himself can answer and be nice at the same time. Even a "it's just for fun, it's there to stay, we like it" would be enough.
I made a whole set of FAQs for it, just for you. Well, not really, but I'll pretend. Anway, it's in its own thread.

02-09-07, 03:08 PM   #29
Origin
A Defias Bandit

Was unexpected when my char started yelling/moaning/dancing in SW, spat coffee all over my screen.

Was great

02-09-07, 03:26 PM   #30
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

I find the whole Mazzlegasm thing hilarious, part of the humor and attitude that is the very soul of MazzleUI. I suppose it's suggestive, but it's no more than that -- and as you say, there are certainly aspects of WoW that are far more objectionable.

Evil Gemminie says: "After I conquer the world, mazzlegasms will be mandatory!"

*hands Origin a towel*

02-09-07, 03:28 PM   #31
Olnir Orcsplitter
An Aku'mai Servant

Personally I think this is a moot argument. As many others have stated... if an individual finds that much wrong with a UI then do not use it. If you want it changed... change it. If your friends want it changed... but do not know how, then you do it or tell them how. I think that is one of the most unique and funny things in the UI. For those people giving you tells... perhaps it should be them on your ignore list instead of you. They need to loosen up some. There is a lot worse said and done in WoW than the word or emote associated with this UI. Here is something else to think about... some of those worse things have likely been done by your very own 10 year old...

02-09-07, 03:35 PM   #32
Alaerio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
personally i've taken to just changing the yell to a say

but i like it overall, was a shock the first time i used it lol!

already had two mazzlegasms on my server despite changing it (forgot to change on both computers lol) and noone's said a word

basically if you don't like it, you clearly weren't laughing while reading the FAQ and i'm not sure you quite get teh spirit of the mod, and as some helpful individuals have pointed out look up some stuff on lua coding and fix it yourself if you really feel you must

honestly as this addon catches on (well, becomes ubiquitous) you'll be just another person installing mazzleui
Andrewicus - 60 Human Priest - Nazjatar
Belgarath - 60 Human Mage - Nazjatar
Ördög - 30ish Blood Elf Paladin - Exodar
Nainen - 20ish Blood Elf Priest - Exodar

02-09-07, 03:38 PM   #33
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Alaerio
basically if you don't like it, you clearly weren't laughing while reading the FAQ

I feel I must point out, that I can guarantee with a 99.786% certainty, that every one of the users complaining did not read the FAQ, let alone in its entirety, therefore, you are absolutely correct, they did not laugh at it .

-TigerHeart

02-09-07, 04:30 PM   #34
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Gemminie
Evil Gemminie says: "After I conquer the world, mazzlegasms will be mandatory!"
Evil Gemminie for prez!!

02-09-07, 06:40 PM   #35
Alaerio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by TigerHeart

I feel I must point out, that I can guarantee with a 99.786% certainty, that every one of the users complaining did not read the FAQ, let alone in its entirety, therefore, you are absolutely correct, they did not laugh at it .

-TigerHeart
lol good point that one, RTFM kids, it's not just an acronym, it's a way of life

sometimes i think everyone needs to take this game a little less seriously
Andrewicus - 60 Human Priest - Nazjatar
Belgarath - 60 Human Mage - Nazjatar
Ördög - 30ish Blood Elf Paladin - Exodar
Nainen - 20ish Blood Elf Priest - Exodar

02-09-07, 07:02 PM   #36
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Arrow my 25 pence

just a few things to say..... then im going to bed cause im mazzle'd out.

1: READ THE README FILE CONTAINED WITHIN THE MOD ITSELF OR EVEN THE INSTALL NOTES ON THE WOWINTERFACE PAGE FOR THE UI!!!!!
I f people actually read this sort of information then there would more than likely not need to be a FAQ or "im gonna whine cause I can" thread......

2: People really need to read forums for an addon to see if they are either A) going to like it. B) they are going to dislike something about it. C) They should wait before installing it to see if there are any ongoing bugs that could affect their gameplay.

3: EVERY person i have been near when i have mazzified the 20-30+ chars I use mazzle on has come running up asking what it was all about.... or saying it was funny..... not ONCE have i gotten moaned / whined at. The only bad thing i got was a note that someone was now ignoring me! lol. but if they cant take a joke and have fun IN A GAME!!!!!!! then i dont wanna talk to them.

4: I wouldnt change much in mazzle at all...... its the most near perfect UI in the entirity of WOW..... keep up the fine work Mazzle & Co.

02-09-07, 07:35 PM   #37
Tempestas
A Murloc Raider
The definitive answer:

I dislike the mazzlegasm. If he wants to put the (irritating to me)mazzlegasm in there, ITS HIS MOD. Don't like it? DON"T USE IT! It's not like you PAID FOR IT! No one is FORCING your to use it. GET OVER IT. Seriously.

Now the gnome theme is an entirely different issue. We need to organize hunger strikes to get him to ditch the detestable gnomes. The only good gnome is a dead gnome that you orchestrated the death of by mobs so there is a 10% durability hit. Having to stare at some ridiculous looking abomination is really too much to take.

FOR THE HORDE!!

02-09-07, 08:04 PM   #38
Ghil
A Murloc Raider
I for one really liked it. and the first time I Mazzyfied, I got a tell from someone asking if it was that intense :P I laughed so much!

It's a nice surprise, but I agree not everyone likes those. but it's so funny

02-09-07, 08:55 PM   #39
Tissa
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ghil
I for one really liked it. and the first time I Mazzyfied, I got a tell from someone asking if it was that intense :P I laughed so much!

It's a nice surprise, but I agree not everyone likes those. but it's so funny
I think that anyone that thinks this is a horrible thing is a stick in the mud. On all 15 chars that I have... I have had some wink at me, some ask what that was, one ask if I needed a smoke after that, a few cheers, and more then a few giggles and whispers of omg how did you do that.

Not once have I been told to stfu, never have I heard Reported or lame or anything bad. I think that some folk may have been over reacting because they were caught off guard. And trust me if anyone told me I was iggied after a mazzlegasm... I would laugh and say good... stick in the muds are doing me a favor...

So I am with the evil cute one.... mazzelgasms for all!!!

02-09-07, 09:00 PM   #40
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tempestas
Now the gnome theme is an entirely different issue. We need to organize hunger strikes to get him to ditch the detestable gnomes. The only good gnome is a dead gnome that you orchestrated the death of by mobs so there is a 10% durability hit. Having to stare at some ridiculous looking abomination is really too much to take.
Then it gives me special pleasure to let you know that one of the things on my idea list is a little animated mazzlefizz gnome that will pop up to help you learn the UI and the various other add-ons.

"Hi Tempestas! It's me, Mazzlefizz. Sorry to interrupt you during a boss fight, but do you want to learn a little more about your buttons?"

Muahahaha.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleGASM FAQ