01-05-12, 03:51 PM   #1
Alley
A Murloc Raider
Missing item in bag

I am missing 2 gems in my bag, this started 1/1/2012, I had reinstalled TBag, due to some other reasons. I created 2 bold inferno ruby's, but I cannot find them in my bag. now before you think I am completely crazy, they are not in the bank or destroyed. I did a bag search, and the chat window tells me they are in my bag, but they are not visible. If there is another thread on this please feel free to redirect me, I could not find it.
01-05-12, 04:22 PM   #2
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To check if they are still there, disable TBag.

TBag's information:
TBag can only "see" something you've seen, so for every character:

1) Open your bags 2) Go to the bank 3) Check your mail 4) View your body 5) Open all your trade windows
Make sure the addon can detect the item, try buying another, or finding one. Also the addon is a bit outdated (4.2) so that might be a thing.

Last edited by Verttex : 01-05-12 at 04:24 PM.
01-05-12, 05:49 PM   #3
Alley
A Murloc Raider
LOL as soon as I posted that I thought about disabling the addon, which I did and yes they are both in my bag so I could retrieve them. I re-enabled the addon and checked, they were missing again. I never had this problem before, I am a JC, so I have lots of gems. I created Bold Inferno Ruby, it disappeared, I created Mystic Amberjewel, its there. tBag seems hungry for strength over resilience
01-05-12, 07:52 PM   #4
Ither
A Firelord

I highly recommend Bagnon--much better!
01-05-12, 08:44 PM   #5
Alley
A Murloc Raider
Thanks, been there, tried that, I really like tbag better, but I may not have a choice if I cant find my items!!

01-05-12, 09:51 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Perhaps you have something set in T-Bag to hide that particular item or place it in a hidden category?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-06-12, 04:14 PM   #7
Verttex
Super Monkey

I like AdiBags myself.
01-06-12, 08:48 PM   #8
Alley
A Murloc Raider
nothing hidden in my bags, I reset everything. Now I am missing more things, like Darkmoonfaire balloons, and crunchy frogs. Almost ready to switch to another addon, hate that!
01-06-12, 09:03 PM   #9
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by Alley View Post
nothing hidden in my bags, I reset everything. Now I am missing more things, like Darkmoonfaire balloons, and crunchy frogs. Almost ready to switch to another addon, hate that!
It's probably just temporary. Use a different addon for awhile and switch back later.
I can recommend:
Bagnon, but you said you have been there.
Lesser known ones:
My Favorite: AdiBags, really great sorting system and great functionality.
Baud Bag, used it for awhile, good addon, not my type, though.
EngBags, configurable.
gBags, look looking addon, and you are in for a treat if you check out his whole UI.
01-06-12, 09:05 PM   #10
Alley
A Murloc Raider
Ok, so what is the best bag addon that is similar to this? What I like most about tbag is the auto sorting, bagnon and onebag3 dont have it...never heard of adibag until this thread, does it have a sort function? If the others have sort let me know, because it is not easy to figure out!
01-06-12, 09:07 PM   #11
Alley
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Verttex! I posted my other reply before I saw yours!!
01-06-12, 09:08 PM   #12
Ither
A Firelord

I use Bagnon and BankStack -- works for me, but it ties in with my UI.

The greatest thing I like about BankStack is the ability to lock down the buttons I don't want moved--so my OS gear doesn't get sorted with everything else.
01-06-12, 09:19 PM   #13
Alley
A Murloc Raider
ok, I just tested most of the ones listed, and so far gBag rocks, LOVE the way it sorts! I am very picky about my sorting, it does take up more space than tBag, but each item type has its own space...pretty cool so far! Thanks for all the feedback, hopefully Shefki will get the tbag fixed, I have gotten attached to it. But gbag may move to number one...
01-08-12, 03:12 PM   #14
Verttex
Super Monkey

AdiBags is great because of it seperates the sorts and sorts them all the time.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Missing item in bag