03-13-22, 11:20 PM   #1
zlloyd1
A Murloc Raider

Question Need Inventory AddOn that will work

Hello all, never posted a question here, but I was out for a while, and just recently resubscribed....
I had uninstalled the game to make some hard drive space on my laptop, and when I did so, I lost all of my addons, which I am now trying to reacquire. I have gotten my coordinates addon back, and my pet battle addons back, but I cannot seem to find a working inventory / bags addon for the newly patched game, so I am seeking some instructions, if available.
I think what I used to use was called Bagnon, but it will not even load anymore as an out of date addon now. So, I tried AdiBags, but it is not what I am looking for.
What I had before was some addon, I cannot recall the name, which would tell me how many of a certain item I had on all of my characters / alts, including in the banks / guild banks, which helped me immensely to keep track of my stuff gathered. If I would mouse over the item, it would show a count in the tooltip, as well as where it was located, so that while I was collecting mats / gear, I would know where to mail them, as my banks are filling up quickly, and running low on space.
Can someone please suggest a recently updated addon that can keep track of my inventory of items for me??
If so, Thanks in advance!!
03-14-22, 04:12 AM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bagnon is what you're looking for. Just tick the box at the top of the addon list to load out-of-date addons. I can personally confirm Bagnon still works.
03-14-22, 10:53 AM   #3
zlloyd1
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy Did that, wasn't there....

Thanks for the response, but as I stated in my original posting, I tried to add Bagnon back to the game after getting it set back up, but even though it was installed correctly, it was not there anywhere, not even showing as an out of date addon.
I would add an image for you, but that does not seem to work here, unless my image file has a URL.
Is there a way to attach an image file to a post here from your computer, that does not have its own URL, because I had to take screenshots of what was happening that do not have their own website??
Also, if Bagnon is the addon I want how can i get it to properly install to the game, because manually installing it did not work, even though I did that for several other addons, and they all worked??
Again, Thanks in advance!!

PS. So, I did get the addons to actually show up in the game, but they act strange for some reason. Again, cannot post a screenshot here because it does not have its own specific URL
It is now saying that several of the components are 'Only usable on demand'?? I have no clue what that even means honestly, so I just disabled them, but at least the addon is showing up now in the game. The problem is that it is only showing the inventory count for whichever alt I have logged in, and not what the others have in the game, which is not what I remember it doing, Maybe the game has just been patched so much since I was last here that its fundctionality has changed somehow!!
03-14-22, 11:33 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*ahem* see "Attach Files"
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-14-22, 01:29 PM   #5
zlloyd1
A Murloc Raider

Talking

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
*ahem* see "Attach Files"
Thanks found it!!
03-14-22, 06:05 PM   #6
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"Only loadable on demand" is a Blizzard option available to addons that allows the addon to stay unloaded until it's actually needed. For example, DBM utilizes this to keep massive amounts of raid data unloaded and out of running memory until you actually enter that raid. For Bagnon, the Config module stays unloaded until you load the options. With it unselected, you cannot change anything Bagnon does.

As for the issue where you can't see other characters in the tooltip, you need the BagBrother addon enabled, which comes with Bagnon.
03-15-22, 10:31 AM   #7
zlloyd1
A Murloc Raider

Red face

Thanks for the clarification, but I am still confused how this is useful in any way honestly....
I mean, an addon that is there to show you inventory of items collected, that says only on demand, is confusing to me. Wouldn't it be on demand any time you mouse over an item to show you how many / where you have them??

Also, I jumped the gun on the other thing, it is actually showing the other toons inventories of certain items, I must have just been looking at items that nobody else had, which led me to believe it was not working.
In any case, Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need Inventory AddOn that will work