11-19-20, 09:11 AM   #1
Dujek
A Murloc Raider
Question Rarescanner - Is it possible to make the WoW taskbar icon flash?

Hey guys,

Is it possible to have the WoW taskbar icon flash when a rare pops up? When I'm rare farming I don't play with sound, so that horn is no good to me. What I would like is for the icon to flash in the same way it does when your LFR queue pops.

The way I watch for rares now is such a pain in the ass. Basically I have to keep my mouse hovered over the WoW taskbar icon and have my eyes peeled constantly on the little preview window that pops up. If I could get the icon to flash instead, I won't have to worry about that at all anymore.

Thank you and here's the dancing banana meme from 700 years ago
11-19-20, 09:47 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The games task bar is out of our control. It will flash dependant on what is happening. For example: If I am alt tabbed when someone attacks me it will flash the task bar .. but it won't flash to tell me I have alt tabbed too long and gone AFK. It will flash if I receive a whisper but not if there is a guild chat.

So, maybe, if the addon gives you the option, turn on whisper mode so that it alerts you with a whisper. Just a thought. And if not available, you could either see if you can add that feature in yourself or ask the developers to.
11-19-20, 09:53 AM   #3
Dujek
A Murloc Raider
I actually tried that as well, but I think the addon's "whisper" function isn't technically a whisper because although it does come through, it doesn't make the icon flash like a normal whisper from a person would.
11-19-20, 07:31 PM   #4
kurapica.igas
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Try call FlashClientIcon()
11-20-20, 02:41 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by kurapica.igas View Post
Try call FlashClientIcon()
Nice find. Didn't realise they let us do that stuff.
FlashClientIcon() - Flashes the game client icon in the Operating System.

No details about it on wowpedia so I am guessing it is either clear usage or not utilised/figured out yet.
11-20-20, 05:39 AM   #6
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
No details about it on wowpedia so I am guessing it is either clear usage or not utilised/figured out yet.

It's documented now and clear usage. You're welcome
11-20-20, 08:32 AM   #7
Dujek
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately I now have to ask how I can actually make that work with the addon. Do I need to make a custom macro or is there a setting in the addon that I can add that line too?
11-20-20, 08:39 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dujek View Post
Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately I now have to ask how I can actually make that work with the addon. Do I need to make a custom macro or is there a setting in the addon that I can add that line too?
You would have to identify the part of the addons code that tries to alert you currently and add that line into that block of code.
11-20-20, 08:42 AM   #9
Dujek
A Murloc Raider
Gotcha, thanks. I'll have to do some research.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Rarescanner - Is it possible to make the WoW taskbar icon flash?