10-04-08, 06:22 PM   #1
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Offer for 3.0/WotLK

Due to unforseen circumstances, I can not play the Beta key I was given. In the interests of helping everyone out, keeping MazzleUI working longer and since I can't code to save my life, I'm offering my Beta account to someone who's willing to take on the challenge.

No, I'm not kidding. If I could code I would. Since I can't, and I really do want to help keep MazzleUI running, this is the best I can do. You would have to prove to everyone here you are actually working on the UI, not just running around going "OMG BETA".

So there's the offer. Any takers?
10-05-08, 12:03 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While i cant code either i felt someone should take the time to applaud you on your generosity. I hope someone will honestly take you up on it.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-05-08, 12:30 AM   #3
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yeah man, i'm not a coder as well, but just as the person above me quoted, i also give you a thumbs up on offering your beta key for some more people to help out on making mazzle capable as soon as "possible" for when LK is live.

It's really great to see such a community like this, doing what it takes to keep us happy :P. Please, I honestly can see this being doable for when it IS live. As long as we keep working hard on updating EACH patch, and then im sure they'll come with another patch when its live, than thats it!!!!
10-05-08, 02:03 AM   #4
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Thumbs up

* salutes Peneth *

Mighty fine gesture my friend.
Now lets keep our fingers crossed there is someone who can do this.

-ViCi-
10-05-08, 06:58 PM   #5
apolis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wow that nice of you. I've been using mazzle for about a year now. I believe its hands down the best UI out there. I and my friend are coders. We will try our best to make mazzle as compatible with 3.0/WotLK as possible. Thats if I'm chosen for this great challenge.
10-12-08, 01:58 AM   #6
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Arrow

Status update ?
10-12-08, 07:40 AM   #7
HettiOnAir
A Defias Bandit

i am not a pro coder but i fixed some issues of mazzlesui in 2.4 by myself.
a friend of mine is a very talented coder and i think he would help me coding if i ask him.
if there's no one else who want to code i would like to work on mazzlesui for wotlk.
but i can't pledge that me and my friend will solve all problems in mazzlesui for wotlk.
but there is one thing i want to ask: do you have an eu-key or an us-key, because i am an eu user.
10-13-08, 12:29 AM   #8
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Currently Apolis has the account. I'm hoping he can give us an update in a week.
10-14-08, 02:07 PM   #9
apolis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just alittle mini update. my friend and I have been taking a look at mazzle and the way its responding to beta and the ptr. From what we've seen so far the only thing we have to do is fix the actual mazzifer so the text will show up, and then get it compatible with new add-ons i.e bartender 4. The new patch is coming later on today so I encourage everyone who can code to see what you can come up with and I'll do the same.
10-14-08, 04:32 PM   #10
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Sweet! Look forward to seeing the finished product!
10-14-08, 04:33 PM   #11
blakazian
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by apolis View Post
Just alittle mini update. my friend and I have been taking a look at mazzle and the way its responding to beta and the ptr. From what we've seen so far the only thing we have to do is fix the actual mazzifer so the text will show up, and then get it compatible with new add-ons i.e bartender 4. The new patch is coming later on today so I encourage everyone who can code to see what you can come up with and I'll do the same.
Anything?

My default Blizzard load screen is just stuck after choosing my toon...with and without addons.
10-14-08, 08:02 PM   #12
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by apolis View Post
I've also been looking at code. I think the problems are mostly with dropdown menu code being rewritten and some changes to how objects are referenced (this vs. self, etc.)

However, I don't think replacing bongos1 with bartender is going to work. At least not if you want to keep the button placement that's core to mazzle. The code for this is buried quite deep and depends to some degree on the button layouts save schemes being similar to bongos. Additionally, a lot of Mazzle relies on DUF being updated.

I don't mean to be negative here, but Mazzle took months to put this all together. The changes after BC launched took the better part of 3 weeks for the person who originally wrote the code and knew how it worked and where everything was hidden. Picking this up a few days ago and hoping to have something that comes close to the functionality we've grown to know and love is a bit of overestimation IMO.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
10-15-08, 10:42 AM   #13
erogroth
A Cyclonian
I posted this in another thread as well but I wanted to give everyone here a heads up as well. In an effort to organize and combined the efforts of all the Devs/Coders who want to help work on an update for MazzleUI I have started a new thread for Devs only, http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18587

The point of this thread is to have one location where we can talk about what we need to do to update Mazzle. This thread is ONLY FOR DEVS/CODERS. We do not want everyone going in there just to say "thanks for doing this" and "keep up the good work". We want to keep the thread clean for the Devs to work on code. So please if you are a coder visit this thread and help out the Mazzle community.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Offer for 3.0/WotLK