11-02-10, 06:53 PM   #1
LouTrekShow
A Kobold Labourer
Drive letters changed since carbonite backup

Hi everyone. I had to recover my computer to Factory new condition. The computer has three internal hard drives. One was wiped and used to recover the OS, the other two were untouched.

The data I have backed up on Carbonite came from the other two. None of the data was touched, therefore there was no need for a recovery. However the drive letters changed in this process. Carbonite's backed up files reflect the previous drive letters not the new ones. I can't find a way to change the Carbonite drive letters to what they are now and Carbonite says I have 30 days to recover files or they will be deleted. The only other way I can figure to update the Carbonite directory is to backup the files again with the new drive letters and then delete the previous backup. That seems needless and time/bandwidth consuming for no logical purpose.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

11-02-10, 07:06 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I believe you may have the wrong forum Lou. It sounds as if you are talking about the Carbonite Application for backing up files on your computer. If you are, you may find more assistance here: http://www.carbonite.com

This forum is for the addon which is also named Carbonite that is designed for the computer game World of Warcraft.

11-03-10, 08:22 PM   #3
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Well that post officially made my night.

11-03-10, 08:26 PM   #4
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

On an additional side note, if he does read this you can change a drive letter of a drive other then your OS drive, if your in vista or 7.

Press the "Start Orb"
Right-Click "Computer"
Left-Click "Manage"
When the Computer Management Panel opens.
Left-Click "Disk Mangement" from the left pane.
This will present you with a list of drives in your computer.
Right click on the one that is wrong.
Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..."
In the prompt that shows up next left-click Change and then select the appropriate letter from the drop-down menu.

:-) Guess it's nice having Computer Teks around here.

11-04-10, 07:46 AM   #5
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
awesome....

And mind you, his issue is still fixed most likely..

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Drive letters changed since carbonite backup