02-24-15, 04:02 AM   #21
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Jeffy162, thanks for the reply with the explanations. I followed the link you provided and spent a good deal of time looking the the Carbonite.lua file. It does contain flight paths known by each of my characters and also Warehouse info including the Bank and RBank info and a lot more.

But, I couldn't find anything related to what I would consider "character-specific settings [a Profile]." I mean things like the sizes, zoom ratio's and screen positions where the maps are placed, waypoint arrow size/position/its text size, map options such as transparency settings, etc., etc. It's this kind of stuff I thought belonged in the individually-modified character settings which would make up the custom Profile for that character.

I don't see how Warehouse, Bank, RBank, and flight paths, quests, etc. are related to "Profiles." Those things can't be shared with other characters but, Profiles can and maybe will be sharable someday. I still don't know where the current "Default" Profile info is located. ha ha. It's not on the path which I presented, and I may have missed seeing it in the Carbonite.lua, if it's there?

Anyway, I think I've asked too many questions already. I know this isn't a 'classroom.' I'm just interested. Thanks again!
When your looking at the carbonite.lua file, you'll see 3 main table headers

"Char" contains all flightpaths, visited venders, and map settings about what to show or not show. Those are per character.

"Global" contains all your character information, Warehouse, Quest info, logging, events. This is stuff that no matter what character your on, can be accessed.

"Profiles" contains all gathering resources, window placements, and general carbonite settings. It's this section that adding profile support will modify, allowing you to have multiple options for it instead of just the one global "default" one now.
02-24-15, 04:31 AM   #22
Kreelor
A Firelord

Rythal, thank you very much! You explained that really good.

I'm curious...
How does it work when I have profiles in both Zygor-Profiles and also in Carbonite-Profiles on the same character(s)?
02-24-15, 05:02 AM   #23
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Rythal, thank you very much! You explained that really good.

I'm curious...
How does it work when I have profiles in both Zygor-Profiles and also in Carbonite-Profiles on the same character(s)?
Each addon has own SavedVariables in which may be saved profile. Those saved variables can be per character and per account. But they are not shared with other addons.

p.s. i think Kreelor got me on ignore list

Last edited by ircdirk : 02-24-15 at 09:44 AM.
02-24-15, 10:52 AM   #24
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Each addon has own SavedVariables in which may be saved profile. Those saved variables can be per character and per account. But they are not shared with other addons.

p.s. i think Kreelor got me on ignore list
ircdirk, thank you. I think I understand what you said. I appreciate your reply.

By the way....
*** I don't have anyone on an ignore list as far as I know. ***
05-27-15, 04:48 PM   #25
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
Quest Watch

Please add this change.

Originally Posted by dvantassel11 View Post
A release that fixes bugs and improves QoL is still an update.

I made this modification to try and fix saved / unsaved quests. I am not sure of the repercussions but it seems to help with the issue

function Nx.Quest.Watch:Add (curi)

local Quest = Nx.Quest
local cur = Quest.CurQ[curi]

local qId = cur.QId > 0 and cur.QId or cur.Title
local qStatus = Nx:GetQuest (qId)

if not qStatus then -- Pointless compare?

Nx:SetQuest (qId, "W")
Quest:PartyStartSend()
end

-- if not qStatus or qStatus ~= "W" then -- Pointless compare?

-- Nx:SetQuest (qId, "W")
-- Quest:PartyStartSend()
-- end
end
05-27-15, 06:08 PM   #26
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by dvantassel11 View Post
Please add this change.
saved / unsaved quests has been fixed for a while now... I have 4 quests marked as hide, and through 3 weeks of play now none of them have ever come unhidden.
05-27-15, 11:31 PM   #27
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
I installed the Dev branch yesterday and hidden quests still come back after a complete exit. This was across multiple alts. When I made this change it fixed the issue. It also has to be a quest Carb recognizes it seems, some stay hidden but the Inn quests for example are ones that do not.

Last edited by dvantassel11 : 05-28-15 at 12:15 AM.
05-28-15, 02:54 PM   #28
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Well that explains why I wasn't encountering it... I seem to never of had quests that were unknown.

fixed for next push (half done implementing something, so waiting to push until it's done).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » Seeking input on thoughts