10-22-11, 09:31 AM   #1
Chesireh
A Murloc Raider

Black screen?!?

Hey everyone,
I have been experiencing a problem with WoW.
Like, I start the game, i login, i choose character and then when ur in the game, it goes black and i only have sound. My monitor then goes on a No input screen while my computer is still on D:
yet when i make a new character and enter that one it will work.
I rllly need some help for this. So please help me
10-22-11, 10:12 AM   #2
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Might be a problem with an addon, try turning them all off and see if that fixes the problem; then try:

If it DOES fix it:
Turn off half your addons, if the problem is not there: it's in the other half
And just keep turning on and off half your addons until your find the problem,
so if you had, 100 addons, try 50, 25, 12 6 3 1. ;D BAM. Then just go to the config for that addon and change the config of that character on an alts (or reset it) and/or delete the wtf file for that addon.

If it DOESN'T fix it:
Try repairing your game via C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Repair.exe
If the problem still persists, try calling their support line: Link.

But to me it sounds like an addon function JUST on that character that is messing up your screen.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-22-11 at 10:41 AM.
10-22-11, 11:31 AM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Go into the launcher and setting another resolution might help.
10-23-11, 12:29 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

You can also reset your video/sound settings by deleting the following file:

World of Warcraft > WTF > Config.wtf

You can also clear your game's cached files, which may be corrupted, by deleting the following folder:

World of Warcraft > Cache > WDB

I'd suggest doing both of these things before running the repair tool (since it takes forever) or contacting Blizzard tech support.
10-23-11, 09:15 AM   #5
Chesireh
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation

Ohh im really sorry, I dont know what add ons are and where i can find them. pls explain :$ and for the rest ill try doing those points but i made a new character now, and shes lvl 12 <-- Im a newb and my other one was lvl 12 too. and she has the same problems with screen... Also, Does it maybe have anything to do with ram? cuz it said in the beginning i dont have enough RAM
10-23-11, 09:24 AM   #6
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Hm if you are new then you probably won't have any addons. WoWInterface is an addon site btw ;D this site is full of addons (top left corner button!).

Since it's probably not an addon conflict, one of the other options people gave might help you more then.

Originally Posted by Chesireh View Post
Ohh im really sorry, I dont know what add ons are and where i can find them. pls explain :$ and for the rest ill try doing those points but i made a new character now, and shes lvl 12 <-- Im a newb and my other one was lvl 12 too. and she has the same problems with screen... Also, Does it maybe have anything to do with ram? cuz it said in the beginning i dont have enough RAM

10-23-11, 09:34 AM   #7
Chesireh
A Murloc Raider

Nothing worked !!
This reallllly sucks so i tried to got it on screenrecorder for you all so you can see my computer lagg, and the screen go black...

I will put the link down when its done
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Hm if you are new then you probably won't have any addons. WoWInterface is an addon site btw ;D this site is full of addons (top left corner button!).

Since it's probably not an addon conflict, one of the other options people gave might help you more then.
10-23-11, 09:58 AM   #8
Chesireh
A Murloc Raider

BTW when i make a new account i have NO problems with the game until im lvl 12 and in stormwind, then the trouble starts
10-23-11, 11:10 AM   #9
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Absolutely no Idea, you might have to run repair or contant support.
Try this: When you log into your account, at the bottom left there is a button that says Addons. Press it and see if there is anything. If there is, turn them all off.

Originally Posted by Chesireh View Post
BTW when i make a new account i have NO problems with the game until im lvl 12 and in stormwind, then the trouble starts

10-23-11, 12:39 PM   #10
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is well beyond the scope of what addons have control over. The problem is somewhere between the core rendering engine, the DirectX rendering API, the video drivers, and the video card itself.

The first thing I would check is to see if your monitor cable is loose. Press the connecters firmly into their sockets and make sure the thumbscrews on the connecters are tight. Check both ends, at the back of your computer and they're sometimes at the base of the monitor too.

As far as WoW itself, you can try using the repair tool as mentioned earlier. This is a likely cause as files in the MPQ archives do become corrupted all the time. Usually, WoW handles this by downloading new copies of the specific file from the server. These problems have been known to cause game crashes at times.

I would also suggest checking your video driver. You'll need to find out what kind of video card you have, go to the manufacturer's site, and download updated ones. If you know anyone that can help you in doing this, I would suggest to let them handle it.

If all else fails, try hooking up a different monitor. Sometimes random video interruptions can be a symptom of the display itself starting to fail.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 10-23-11 at 12:54 PM.
10-25-11, 12:35 PM   #11
Chesireh
A Murloc Raider

Well, Nothing worked. literally NOTHING. So ive decided that im gonna set the cause on ''Not enough RAM'' since you need 2G and i only have 1G so i will buy some more Gig and see if that works out. thanks for all your help <3

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Black screen?!?