04-18-09, 04:34 PM   #1
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Seeking Author to Build Guild Roster Addon.

I used to have an Addon that I can't find anywhere anymore that would allow you to attach ALTs of members to their Main and it would only list the mains with a + redbox next to their name if they had ALTs attached to it.

Is there anyone out there that could code this for the latest game update, and maybe add in a feature where it would share the resulting data say from the guild leader's or officer's listing as the main listing or something or other to plug it into everyone who's in the guild who's using this addon?

GuildAds has a nice feature where for those using it, it associates characters based on account (using a unique ID instead of any account information). I just wanna clean up my guild window roster itself, doesn't need to be fancy. It might be really hard to code, I'm clueless on it to be honest.

Maybe have this addon use the Public Note section of members to look for data to auto-fill the addon's attaching list?

Main
ALT-Main'sName
04-18-09, 06:04 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Short of being able to sync with other officers Guild Organizer can do this. You just put the name of the main for each alt a person has in their officer notes and hit the combine button. When they are on their main the name appears as normal. When on an alt they are highlighted amd have their mains name in brackets.

Can also view all alts a main has by clicking the little + next to a name. Its not been updated for the current patch but mines been working just fine. Only issue im aware of if alpha map seems to break it and show a blank window.

Give it a try =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-20-09, 11:05 AM   #3
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Nice, thank you!
04-21-09, 05:47 PM   #4
Mordreade
A Murloc Raider

Guild Organizer is not bad..... but it fraks up the blizz guild window, and it doesn't do everything It needs to do for a Guild Leader. It is rather pretty though.

I would LOVE to have one that groups everyones alts under their mains, so you can promote/demote/gkick all at once.
Have a window for /gquit and /gkick people, just to keep track of them.
A window for each rank as well as online people.
A window for inactive people.
A window for any alt sub guild.
Each toon needs an officer note, guild note, and maybe raid/loot note.
I have a lot more I would love to see in an addon, but I am about to fall asleep and can't think too clear at the moment.

Last edited by Mordreade : 04-21-09 at 06:57 PM.
04-21-09, 06:00 PM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I found it nearly impossible to read your message with a faded purple font on a dark gray background. My eyes throb.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-21-09, 06:54 PM   #6
Mordreade
A Murloc Raider

Better?

I just can't stand plain white text, it makes it look rather boring and plain, and I can't stay focused on it long enough to finish reading most post's. I also increase the font a tad, for those that are sight impaired.

Last edited by Mordreade : 04-21-09 at 06:57 PM.
04-21-09, 07:46 PM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Mordreade View Post
Guild Organizer is not bad..... but it fraks up the blizz guild window, and it doesn't do everything It needs to do for a Guild Leader. It is rather pretty though.

I would LOVE to have one that groups everyones alts under their mains, so you can promote/demote/gkick all at once.
Have a window for /gquit and /gkick people, just to keep track of them.
A window for each rank as well as online people.
A window for inactive people.
A window for any alt sub guild.
Each toon needs an officer note, guild note, and maybe raid/loot note.
I have a lot more I would love to see in an addon, but I am about to fall asleep and can't think too clear at the moment.
GO can group alts under a main if you place the name of the main in the officer notes. It has everything the current guild window has a few extra goodies as far as notes go. There are private notes you can add but only you will see them. For the rest id suggest posting to the author for some possible feature requests.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-19-09, 10:01 AM   #8
Krazyboomkin
A Murloc Raider
Main Alt addon

i have used Guild Organizer and it isnt a totally bad addon, but it does have a small glich i believe in it. When i have it loaded and active in game my screen skips every 20 to 30 secs. When I turn it off the skipping goes away. This skip can really screw you up in a intense raid boss fight so finding something better with out all the colors might be nice.

Krazy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Seeking Author to Build Guild Roster Addon.