05-29-13, 01:50 AM   #1
shurshik
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UnitCastingInfo API and spellID

I am missing spell id from the UnitCastingInfo, I don't understand why they didn't included it, maybe I am missing something
05-29-13, 02:41 AM   #2
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I would refer you to use the CLEU, but then again it depends on what you try to achieve.

But you are right that UnitCastingInfo and UnitChannelInfo don't return a spellID, so you can always try match the spell name instead. Like "if text == GetSpellInfo(12345) then" you get the idea.
05-29-13, 02:50 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

If there's a predetermined list of spells you care about (eg. you want to know when your arena opponent is casting a crowd-control spell) then you should just generate a table at runtime mapping the localized name from GetSpellInfo(id) to whatever data you actually want (spellID, true, table of data, function to run when it's seen, etc.) and refer to that table to identify the spell based on the name you got from UnitCastingInfo.
05-29-13, 02:54 AM   #4
shurshik
An Aku'mai Servant
I tried to match spellid by name, but there are spells with the same name and different icon (I need an icon).
I was also trying GetSpellInfo by name, it works only for spells that I can cast :/
I saved all combatlogs Spell_cast_start events to the table and then parse it to get spell id by name, and got some spells that are not present in combat logs (about 1%), and it's difficult to parse it :/
05-29-13, 02:55 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Well, without more specifics about what you're actually doing, it's pretty hard to suggest a more specific solution...
05-29-13, 03:02 AM   #6
shurshik
An Aku'mai Servant
I am tracking all UnitCastingInfo but don't want to waste memory saving all icons and spellnames, just spellid. To get than Spellname, spellid, icon.

I wondered, maybe I can get spellid from the icon url or it doesn't have an id in it, don't remember
05-29-13, 05:01 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

It doesn't, and multiple spells can use the same icon. "Tracking all UnitCastingInfo" is still pretty vague, but if you want to keep your project all Top Secret National Security, go for it.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » UnitCastingInfo API and spellID