04-28-09, 08:29 PM   #1
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GrimUI

So here it is. GrimUI. Based largely off of the MazzleUI. More functionality then anyone person needs so I am sharing I designed this UI on a wide screen so i recommend a wide screen resolution for it. Over 150 addons used when all said and done which means you need some ram and a decent computer to run this without problems. I have a char of every class type so general layouts will be done for all. Only have time to lvl maybe 3 of those so button layouts for all are not finished. Numerous testing of various addons always in process with my UI so you may notice some overlay of functions.

Always replacing certain addons with better ones so your feedback and recommendations are greatly appreciated as it helps me make the final decision sometimes.

I could use some help with testing and maybe some feedback on what you had to do to set it up. The way i have done it so far is to install wow fresh on a comp then drag the entire wow folder from an already setup comp over a network on top of the fresh install. It works like a charm. May not for anyone else though. Your also not dragging the entire wow folder from me either

Enjoy!

Last edited by Grimsin : 04-29-09 at 02:08 PM.
04-30-09, 11:33 PM   #2
Harrynutz
A Murloc Raider
You roxxors my soxxors Grim xD
05-02-09, 02:42 AM   #3
zodiacus
A Murloc Raider
loved in the old days mazzle's work and so i'm glad that someone is at it again.

what i'm missing is when i first loaded the UI, my pet bar and the actionbars were all questionmarks for me, is there a way to automatically do that?

and i seem not to be able to move the tomtom arrow.
keep up the great job.
05-02-09, 09:03 AM   #4
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by zodiacus View Post
loved in the old days mazzle's work and so i'm glad that someone is at it again.

what i'm missing is when i first loaded the UI, my pet bar and the actionbars were all questionmarks for me, is there a way to automatically do that?

and i seem not to be able to move the tomtom arrow.
keep up the great job.
Unfortunately as of right now the actionbars will not auto setup the buttons.
As far as the TomTom arrow. That is QuestHelper's arrow you should be able to right click it and bring up a small menu, one of the options is locked. It starts off locked so everyone must unlock it and move it up.
Grimsin is online now Report comment to moderator Edit/Delete Message
05-04-09, 09:02 PM   #5
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Updated a few mins ago. Added a button to toggle the bagbar and menubars that should load with the UI. Also cleaned up DUF layout more, did some tidying up basically. I have edited the DUF_Default.lua so that the settings for the GrimUI load no mater what. If you update DUF, which isn't likely, you will almost surely lose your DUF layout.

Also made a small edit to the onload state of TrinketMenu. It seems only i was having this problem how ever since i was having it anyone getting the UI from me should theoretically have it as well. So i went ahead and edited a single line from strata background to strata high. So now when you log in TrinketMenu should load without having to click on it once.
05-05-09, 04:16 PM   #6
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

More updates coming soon, already have a red hue that appears over the screaming skulls for in combat notification. Working on fixing the cords box that should be under the minimap. Also toying with moving the gatherer button as well as possibly something to handle all map buttons so they never show up on the minimap.

The big kicker im working on is a way to manage the files for the entire UI. IE it would be helpfull if i had a program that would allow me to move/copy/paste lots of files at once but with exceptions. If anyone knows of such a thing let me know.

What i would like to be able to do is drag the UI from the master copy over to a new file but have it automatically weed out things like all the .old's all the .baks as well as individual addon's .wtf's. Why? well every time i update to you guys your downloading all my WTF's its not completely necessary. Not all of them anyhow. Things like MobInfo3/MobInfo2, Auctioneer and numerous others are changing back to my data every time you download an update meaning you lose all the data you gathered. Sooooo make a long story short.... all those herbing nodes you collected... ya.... there all gone now when you download an update for the UI. I can go threw and move things and delete things by hand and i am already doing that for a large number of things. But to weed out what is needed and what isnt and have to do that every time i update is a pain. Any suggestions here would be great.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
05-09-09, 10:09 AM   #7
quixbk
A Kobold Labourer
Mounted Action Bar

Grim,

UI Rocks But cannot seem to find the Mounted Action Bar.

Trying to do Argent Dailies and cannot with UI on.

Please assist.

Magizoroast, Durotan US
05-09-09, 05:17 PM   #8
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

I have had that same problem. One way to do it is to hit the macaroon edit button and click the petbar until it shows the mounted action buttons. Another way i did it was to just to turn on the blizzard vehicle bar again. The best way how ever is to just edit the macaroon pet bar and put 9 buttons on it rather then the current no buttons. The next release of the UI this change will be made already.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
05-17-09, 09:08 AM   #9
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Just a small suggestion:
Use STUF instead of Discord.
05-17-09, 07:05 PM   #10
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Taking a look at STUF. Ill try it out, but working on making the uintframes layout and the artwork part of the core of my UI.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
09-04-09, 06:20 AM   #11
Stevebat
A Defias Bandit
say when are ya gonna update for 1024X768 monitors (or other normal sizes)
also Dr. Damage is a nice spell tooltips mod to look into but the only up to date version is curse

Last edited by Stevebat : 09-04-09 at 12:41 PM.
09-05-09, 09:39 AM   #12
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

drdmg was in the package awhile back but it had a lot of errors in it so i removed it. if it has been fixed i may add it back. As far as the resolutions, that is being worked on although im forewarning everyone that so far as far as i can tell, it will never work in all resolutions.

some resolutions just can not be made to display things properly in any way shape or form and the changes necessary to make it look right, you might as well write a new addon all together.

I will attempt to make it work for all resolutions it can though. Technically any monitor will be able to display it in the end you just might end up with the black bottom and top boarders caused by viewing a wide screen resolution on a non-wide screen monitor or tv.

and just as a side note.... 1920x1200 is a normal size imo

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
09-10-09, 03:59 PM   #13
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
As a suggestion I find Satrina Buff Frames a much nicer option than having a bunch of bars down one side of your screen ( especially in raids where you can have 20+ buffs ). Instead you get an icon of the buff with the timer underneath but can be moved above also. If people prefer to have bars along with the buffs there is an option to turn that on also and you can change the layout to stack vertically or in separate rows depending how you like it.

On another note is there a way to set Macaroon in to rows kind of how Dominos does?

If not I would definately recommend Dominos over Macaroon it's much easier to set up and use.

Also i'm not sure what caused this but I tried your UI quick and my minimap is up in the top right corner of the screen and seems oversized for the center portion of your UI skin. I'm running a 1920 x 1080 resolution though so i'm not sure if this is causing the issue or not. I haven't spent a lot of time with the UI yet so i'll play around with it some more over the weekend.

Great job on trying to recreate the greatest UI ever though
09-19-09, 03:02 PM   #14
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Im glad someone is giving feedback. i will take a look at satrina and compare the two again i have not messed with what runs buffs in awhile.

working more on the actual setup being easier.

as far as macaroons over dominos. you can set their to be as many rows columns circles or anything else you want. one of the big reasons i use macaroon is it is limitless. it also is a more raw actionbar mod. since i have now embedded the mainmenu bars and other functions in macaroon extras into the ui it is not needed. Domino's all that stuff is part of the one package. in other words... domino's has added weight we dont need. Try the new version of the UI and see if it fix's the minimap. just take the addon folder in the new version and replace your old one with it. leave your wtf's alone. you will get some errors on first load you have to/reload this is an issue im working on as i type.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
09-19-09, 06:39 PM   #15
BWarner
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
Im glad someone is giving feedback. i will take a look at satrina and compare the two again i have not messed with what runs buffs in awhile.

working more on the actual setup being easier.

as far as macaroons over dominos. you can set their to be as many rows columns circles or anything else you want. one of the big reasons i use macaroon is it is limitless. it also is a more raw actionbar mod. since i have now embedded the mainmenu bars and other functions in macaroon extras into the ui it is not needed. Domino's all that stuff is part of the one package. in other words... domino's has added weight we dont need. Try the new version of the UI and see if it fix's the minimap. just take the addon folder in the new version and replace your old one with it. leave your wtf's alone. you will get some errors on first load you have to/reload this is an issue im working on as i type.
Just to quell confusion: Dominos is an actionbar mod. Nothing else. Its precursor, Bongos, was a bunch of other things (I know I particularly liked its minimap interactions back then), but Dominos is just actionbar action.

The point is neither here nor there, as Macaroon / Dominos / Bartender are all almost the same exact thing, and serve the same purpose, in almost the exact same manner. =D
09-19-09, 07:35 PM   #16
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by BWarner View Post
Just to quell confusion: Dominos is an actionbar mod. Nothing else. Its precursor, Bongos, was a bunch of other things (I know I particularly liked its minimap interactions back then), but Dominos is just actionbar action.

The point is neither here nor there, as Macaroon / Dominos / Bartender are all almost the same exact thing, and serve the same purpose, in almost the exact same manner. =D
I don't use Macaroon anymore, but I didn't stop using it because it was just like all the rest, I stopped using it for simplicities' sake when major patches come out...

That said, I think Macaroon (when I used it) is the best thing out there for people who use a ton of buttons and like to configure states with (nearly) unlimited options. My point being, Macaroon =/= Dominos/Bartender. I'm not saying any are any better or worse than the others, but they are not from the same gene pool.
09-19-09, 11:04 PM   #17
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

well the benefit to the way im setting this up is you should be able to use which ever one you want with some ease. Once i can get the context menu figured out and code that into the core then the core itself wont need macaroon to do its basic functions.

How ever because the obvious, even right in this thread , fact that everyone has a different preference as to their action buttons i will most likely never make those something embedded in the core. EXCEPT the context menu. i feel its a basic function of the interface and needs to be a part of the core

means everyone's gotta figure out their own buttons. for now.... im deep in code figuring out how to take over the default setup settings on addons via the core so grimui will check for addons installed and then if you are a first time installer itll set things up for you for the first time. action buttons though are sorta toward the bottom of the to do list for now. Although i did write mazzle earlier asking if i might be able to use the context menu code from mazzleUI for this since its exactly whats needed save for some minor tweaks im sure.

For now.... back to why the heck the chat does not setup right. its driving me nuts i still swear something funny is going on. I did get the variables setup though for making the UI check to see if its a first time install or not and then fire the setup stuff if it is dont if it isnt.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 09-19-09 at 11:08 PM.
09-20-09, 08:56 AM   #18
Jenspro
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

gg keep up the good work

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » GrimUI