07-09-09, 06:18 PM   #1
Shinjite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Question Using Wine in Linux, Minion Can't Find Addons

Hi, all, I'm having some problems getting Minion to find my Addons. Here's my setup:

Running Linux Ubuntu 9.04 with WoW installed to Wine 1.1.20.
I run
Code:
cd /home/shinjite/Minion
then when the Terminal is pointed to the Minion folder,
Code:
java -jar minion.jar
This opens Minion, and I have it pointed to my Interface folder with
Code:
/home/shinjite/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns
Minion loads fine, but no addons are displayed in the window. I know my addons are there, because I can get to them from my File Browser, and I have permission to edit them as well.

I know there's got to be someone out there that has a similar setup, and can point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just thought I'd clear some things up ahead of time. Minion is running native in Linux, NOT Wine. Also, when I say that Minion isn't finding my addons, I mean that nothing is showing up in Minion's addon area, NOT that it's recognizing some addons as completely different ones. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Shinjite : 07-09-09 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added clarification info
07-09-09, 11:24 PM   #2
orionshock
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
IIRC minion dosn't want to know where the interface/addons folder is. It wants to know where the wow.exe is. from there it figures the rest out.
07-10-09, 08:59 AM   #3
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Shinjite View Post
Running Linux Ubuntu 9.04 with WoW installed to Wine 1.1.20.
I have same setup as you, can't remember the wine version ( but it's using the ppa from winehq ).

Originally Posted by orionshock View Post
IIRC minion dosn't want to know where the interface/addons folder is. It wants to know where the wow.exe is. from there it figures the rest out.
Yes orionshock is correct, when I tried minion out I pointed it at my wow root folder and it sniffed the rest.

edit: On a side note, you may like to install the version of java provided by the medibuntu repositories : http://www.medibuntu.org/

Last edited by jadakren : 07-10-09 at 09:47 AM.
07-10-09, 02:15 PM   #4
Shinjite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by orionshock View Post
Gah, you're right. That was my mistake. I assumed Minion wanted to know exactly where my AddOns folder was instead of the entire WoW directory. So it was just
Code:
/home/shinjite/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft
Originally Posted by jadakren View Post
edit: On a side note, you may like to install the version of java provided by the medibuntu repositories : http://www.medibuntu.org/
I have Java 6.13, which is one below the current version (6.14 I think). I'd looked over Medibuntu, and couldn't find Java though. I probably won't worry about it.

Thanks for the help, orionshock and jadakren.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Using Wine in Linux, Minion Can't Find Addons