05-16-09, 09:34 AM   #1
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

New user BIG question!

Alrighty I have been looking at this UI mod for a little while now researched it for a good three hours this morning and have heard greatt things.

I have been gettin fed up with Healbots glitchy ways and want to change my UI to something new for my Holy/Disc Priest. I saw that this UI has a plugin supporting Healbot, but I'm a little skiddish to use that as Healbot has been causing me more problems than solving them...

Is this UI pheesable for a healer who is prefers the mouse bound healing style? If so would I need some special plugins or a modified Interface folder?

And if so links and lists would be greatly appreciated.

I'm loving the look of this but I cant bear to lose my quick and easy click heals rather than key bindings.

05-16-09, 09:46 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only thing you would really need for Click Casting is the addon Clique. I use this setup for healing on my Pally main and have no issues.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...08-Clique.html

05-16-09, 09:51 AM   #3
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Wonderfull I wasnt sure if it was cross compatible with this UI mod since I am not sure how they have cunstructed it. I still havent even used it yet just for fear of it not being a feesable option my my lazy ways :P

THank you again and I see this being the beginning of a WONDERFULL realaiontship!

nUI FTW!

05-16-09, 09:57 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

nUI was a big change initially for me, but Scott puts alot of work into this UI to make it as compatible as possible for the largest player base he can. Most addons will work right out of the box with nUI, and some are directly supported from within nUI itself.

All of these will hook into nUI and allow you to toggle through them (minus Clique) using the red Infopanel button in the bottom right,

A couple I would recommend to use in conjunction with nUI:

Skada (replaces Omen and Recount): http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mageMeter.html

Clique: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...08-Clique.html

Carbonite: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

nUI_Config_GUI: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nued.html#info

nUI Integration of Carbonite: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

****EDIT: Added GUI Link

Last edited by Vis : 05-16-09 at 10:00 AM.

05-16-09, 10:12 AM   #5
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Ok I was under the assumption that when I downloaded nUI and started it up I would have Recount and Omen already in the file and embedded. I use carbonite already.

I'm only seeming soo noobish right now because as I have already downloaded the addon I have not yet started WOW today.

I basically want all of those except possibly Skada because I'm a long time user of Omen and Recount and fear change unless something is broke. *cough* Healbot *cough*

Its like a damn puzzle that addon.. >>

It will randomly change the names so that when I click to heal my tank I heal my caster... or the ever soo popular 5-15 min downtime each time I die to reset it and get it using my spell settings correctly again instead of targeting on left click... >> Makes for mamor difficulties since I keep a clean bar and dont have most of my healing spells up unless they have a cooldown I want to watch. >>

Tell you what though, I'm a MASTER at opening my spellbook in a pinch now

05-16-09, 10:35 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rofl, yeah I noticed that lil annoyance with healbot myself. Downloading clique recently to see if I can get used to it this time

As to using omen and recount. You still can.

Just download omen and recount (yes you still have to have those addons installed) and then either leave as is to have omen and recount in separate windows in the bottom right (cannot be viewed at the same time) or download the nUI dual stats plugin to display them side by side in the same window. I personally changed to skada due to problems I was getting with recount.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

05-16-09, 10:39 AM   #7
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Yes I have been recently looking at your enhancements downloads I'm definitely feeling the dual stats mode.

I have been reading up on Clique and it seems easy enough I am just going to miss having that nice little box that I could customize. It was nice, but oh well shouldn't be too big a stretch to click on a party frame :P

Only problem is I wont have it in my heads up PoV so I will have to pay much more attention to their status rather than have it conveniently RIGHT in my face :P

05-16-09, 11:13 AM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Clique is very easy to setup, If you can open your spellbook, you can setup Clique

I was a longtime Omen/Recount user also, But I was finding I would get less fps performance with it, and it seemed to me at least to be utilizing more memory than what I wanted so I changed to Skada. Took some getting used to, but It's so very nice to have 2 frames in the infopanel showing dps on the right half, and autoswitching from threat (in combat) to total damage (out of combat) in the left half. Pair that with better frame rates and to me, less memory usage and I'm thrilled

05-16-09, 12:32 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Clique is very easy to setup, If you can open your spellbook, you can setup Clique

I was a longtime Omen/Recount user also, But I was finding I would get less fps performance with it, and it seemed to me at least to be utilizing more memory than what I wanted so I changed to Skada. Took some getting used to, but It's so very nice to have 2 frames in the infopanel showing dps on the right half, and autoswitching from threat (in combat) to total damage (out of combat) in the left half. Pair that with better frame rates and to me, less memory usage and I'm thrilled

Wow, you're absolutely right. I just installed Skada and am extremely impressed!

05-16-09, 04:19 PM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only tiny slightly complicated thing to do with Skada as opposed to Recount is the announcement of data. Otherwise, Skada rocks

05-16-09, 04:35 PM   #11
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Well ****... Damn you Vis you go tme interested now I want to do that now!

Any tips for me setting that in/out of combat view switching up?

I'm going to hvae ot give Skada a test run.

05-16-09, 04:41 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

nUI supports it directly just like it does for Omen and Recount. No Setup necessary

*EDIT: The threat/damage auto swap is built in too for the left hand half of the infopanel.

EDIT2: You must be running the nUI Dev release for the built in Skada infopanel. I dont believe it's been put into the release version yet.

Last edited by Vis : 05-16-09 at 04:46 PM.

05-16-09, 05:03 PM   #13
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Is that the nUI+? Or is that one that I am going to have to wait for?

05-16-09, 05:11 PM   #14
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Tevar View Post
In the downloads section, there's 3 versions of nUI+. There's Release, Dev, and PTR versions. Release is the most current stable release. Dev is the most current version for live servers that will have the latest features. In my view, the Dev version hasn't ever been buggy, but it's a "use at your own risk" kinda thing. Alot of the hardcore nUI supporters run the dev version. The PTR version should be kinda self-explanatory.....

-Todd

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com

05-16-09, 05:25 PM   #15
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It is nUI+, just the one labeled as Development. Judging from post's I've seen around here from Scott, I'm guessing it may be tagged as a release tomorrow.

So far for since I've been using nUI, I have never had issue using the Dev version's. But they "may" have some issue, lol. Very small may from the track record I've seen though.

05-16-09, 05:57 PM   #16
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Yea I got it after I posted it because I had just been accepted into the group. I regestered for the newsletter earlier today. :P

Right I got it ALL setup and working just perfectly until I discovered one problem in my testing.

With clique running I cant seem to right click my frames to leave party, trade, pass leader, or anything like that...

I tried it with no bindings on the right or left mouse click alone but still no go.

Is there something I'm missing?

Oh and you were right Vis... >> I do LOVE skada.

Window one shows DPS in combat and overall damage out of combat.

While window two shows healing in combat and overhealing out of combat, that way I know how efficient I am after each battle with my heals. Keep tabs on that overheal and keep it low!

05-16-09, 06:30 PM   #17
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

With clique running I cant seem to right click my frames to leave party, trade, pass leader, or anything like that...
This is the one problem with any Click to Cast addon. You really need to use a modifier key. If you use left/right click on their own, the addon will override Blizz's menu's. For my Paladin heal setup, I simply use shift+left click, shift+right click and also ctrl+left/right clicks. You can use any modifier button you'd like though. Just an FYI also, last I recall, Blizzard does not separate L Shift from R Shift either, all it see's is Shift.

05-16-09, 06:32 PM   #18
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

I thought that was the problem but I removed all bindings to simple lone clicks and it still wont bring up that little menu with all my trade and pass lead functions and what not.

I have noticed that the subject of this post has shifted quite a bit. Should I close this and move my problem to technical support? I dont want to get in trouble for mis using the forums or anything.

Last edited by Tevar : 05-16-09 at 06:39 PM.

05-16-09, 06:37 PM   #19
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you done a reload since removing those bindings?

05-16-09, 06:49 PM   #20
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Scratch that I fixed it.

No more problems with the nUI or any of the other things I have running. I must say I have already fallen in love with this mod and gotta say... GREAT WORK to all the people who made this happen. I cant thank you enough for your hard work. I will be donating when I get a new job. I recently was laid off.

But when I get a new one which I'm going out to do after this post I'm definatley Donating. You guys have done some great work here!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » New user BIG question!