01-04-15, 01:11 PM   #1
floridaboz1
A Defias Bandit
My new UI while i am on trail account

OK Money is tight so i have to use a trail account right now, but i really like playing with Ui's so i decided to do this new IU. It is a bit on the bulky side and have issues getting a few things to line up right, but I like how it came out, i would love some feedback from you guys

The addons i used so far (this is still a work in progress)

Bartender4
kgpanels
prat
sexymaps
skada
titan panels
xperl
01-10-15, 11:10 PM   #2
floridaboz1
A Defias Bandit
There has been a lot of updates and some feed back from other people on this. So i think it would be fair if i posted my updated one

Please give any feed back you can
01-11-15, 12:34 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
#1 - What kind of server are you on? That chat is... I don't even.

#2 - The bottom panel is really huge, and has tons of wasted space. Why do you need so many action buttons, especially when most of them are empty? Why is there so much blank space under the action bars? There's really no need to see full lists of DPS and threat rankings all the time, and unless you're a tank in one of the few fights in the game where it matters who is #2 on threat there's never any need to see a full list of threat rankings. If you're DPS (which I assume you are since you've got a DPS meter) you really just need to see your own threat relative to the current tank, and if you're a healer, you don't need to see threat at all (at least not in that format). I'd get rid of both those meters, shrink your action bars down to 2 bars max (preferrably just one!) and cut out most of the middle paneling to make more of the game world visible.

#3 - The individual panels aren't lined up well either, and the edges overlap inconsistently. If you really want a giant block covering the bottom 25% of your screen, I'd suggest actually just making one big panel, then using additional panels with no backgrounds to make the inner divider lines.

#4 - Unit frames in the top left corner aren't aligned at all. Default holy power graphics look really out of place with your heavy dark red-and-black theme.

#5 - Why have debuff icons on the target frame and debuff timer bars above the chat frame on the left? Pick one or the other.

#6 - What's up with the icons on your buff/debuff timer bars? Why are they so small compared to the bars?

#7 - Could be just the image quality (holy JPEG compression, Batman!) but the red border on your minimap seems to have gotten its left edge cut off.
01-11-15, 07:15 AM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
#1 - What kind of server are you on? That chat is... I don't even.
It's one of them RP servers where there's a crap ton of low-levels hanging around Goldshire and doing.. uhm... "adult business".. or something.
01-11-15, 01:52 PM   #5
floridaboz1
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the input

I will look at all input but i wanted to explain a few things

I like to see information. Also as bad as it sounds, when i want to do UI set ups i go over to Moongaurd just because the kind of chat entertains me, i do not take part in it, but i like seeing how people act.

The set up is for the future, so i wanted to make sure i had something for whatever class i played, so this was pretty much a layout set up.

On the second pic, you will see or maybe not, that i am using a viewport so my full screen is still visible and i am going to work with modding the buttons a little here and there to make them more acceptable for the size of the screen and that UI i need.

I am not a hardcore raider, i play the game for the social part just as much as the end game content. So i was trying to make something that would be a good balance between the two and still do everything i need. The buttons are set up on a level 20 so there is not going to be that many skills to put in the bars.

Size and movement of cooldown and buff/debuffs is still something i am working on. I am about to get a bigger monitor, so i am going to have to make adjustments to that. Unit frames are not aligned, because i keep moving them around and trying to figure out what size i want and where i want them.

I checked the red boarder on the map, and it looks fine, so it must be a compression issue.

Divider lines is also something i plan on my next full set up on this. I have noticed a lot of overlap and have not been able to get things to line up properly so it will help i am sure when i get the larger monitor. I am going to also be reducing the height of the bottom panel but at the same time, i do use a viewport so i do have full view of my screen as seen in the second picture.

Thank you for the feedback, on my next go around i will be taking that into consideration
01-11-15, 05:13 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

From what I see, I think you would like tinkering with ElvUI (Google it). It's made to be customized, and there's a ton of stuff already built in (which means less addons you have to use). I've been using it for the last few years, and it's awesome for customization.
01-11-15, 07:21 PM   #7
floridaboz1
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
From what I see, I think you would like tinkering with ElvUI (Google it). It's made to be customized, and there's a ton of stuff already built in (which means less addons you have to use). I've been using it for the last few years, and it's awesome for customization.
I have heard of ElvUi and watched videos on it, and in the future it might be something i will mess with it, but to be honest, I will have to be strait forward here and say i just like screwing with this stuff

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » My new UI while i am on trail account