gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
See the post above for the 3 files.
01-26-08, 03:38 AM   #22
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

The main point of my changes was to give a unique button ID to every button on every page of every bar. It's more efficient in most cases, for e.g. the one you described, but there is one notable case where it's not. If you want to set up blizzard style paging, where paging shift the contents of all paging bars by a certain amount, you'd need to use a lot of IDs in my bongos. In contrast, when you add pages to a bar in original Bongos or Bongos 2, it doesn't use up any additional IDs. That said, none of my layouts set up anything like that, and I think you can get a lot more interesting layouts using the independent paging mechanism in my bongos. It was modeled after the paging in the discord action bars add-on, in which all of the layouts were originally designed.
Hey Mazzlefizz,

Advice me please .
I have the original Bongos version and i now run into high lvl raid content on terron gorefiend in Black Temple.

This fight will transform me at some point into a ghost.
I will get a pet bar and i know as i did chess the pictures on my pet bar and tooltips will not adapt to its new function / layout . I'm a lock so my pet bar will not change making it difficult for me to guess what button to press to for example cast Spirit Chains.

Should i try the solution posted above or would i risk messing up the Mazzle functions.

Mazzlefyer and sutch.
I use Mazzle on all my chars i got roughly 15 of them.
This mod is just ace seeing you can profile it for eatch and anny character you use so i need the mazzlefyer working

And thank you for your time .

Regards,
Viciusan
01-26-08, 02:53 PM   #23
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Viciusan View Post
Hey Mazzlefizz,

Advice me please .
I have the original Bongos version and i now run into high lvl raid content on terron gorefiend in Black Temple.

This fight will transform me at some point into a ghost.
I will get a pet bar and i know as i did chess the pictures on my pet bar and tooltips will not adapt to its new function / layout . I'm a lock so my pet bar will not change making it difficult for me to guess what button to press to for example cast Spirit Chains.

Should i try the solution posted above or would i risk messing up the Mazzle functions.

Mazzlefyer and sutch.
I use Mazzle on all my chars i got roughly 15 of them.
This mod is just ace seeing you can profile it for eatch and anny character you use so i need the mazzlefyer working

And thank you for your time .

Regards,
Viciusan
This problem came up after I quit WoW. I do not know the source of the problem, nor do I know a solution.

As I understand it, if you use Bongos 2 and the optional patch gcbartlett submitted above, you won't face the problem. Of course, you also won't be able to Mazzify your button layout. I think I've seen people post that they use my Bongos on some characters and Bongos 2 on ones that do content that brings out this issue. You could try that.

And, I've heard nothing about anyone really working on either updating Bongos 1 or modifying Bongos 2.
01-27-08, 12:29 AM   #24
sdjmack
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by gcbartlett View Post

many thanks
01-27-08, 04:19 AM   #25
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Thank you for the help .
02-07-08, 03:19 AM   #26
howlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gcbartlett View Post
Many thanks for posting your code changes.
It really integrates Bongos2 nicely back into the mazzle concept and has fixed the petbar issue.

The only downside that I have found is that the context menu now seems to share buttons with one of my new Bongos2 bars. Dropping a spell or item into the context menu will drop the same spell/item into the actionbar and vice versa. I'm guessing the button IDs of the context menu must be shared with the IDs assigned to the Bongos2 bar I created.

Has anyone else seen the same problem or come up with a solution?
02-07-08, 05:37 AM   #27
howlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Answering my own question here...

A workaround is to create a few extra Actionbars in Bongos2.
Drop a few known items into the first and last slots of the context menu to identify which actionbars share buttons with the context menu. It'll probably span 3 actionbars as the context menu has 32 buttons.

Then simply don't use these bars in your layout and hide them when you're finished setting up.
02-11-08, 09:02 AM   #28
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
Teron Gorefiend has made it necessary for me to switch to Bongos2. I've been holding out, but I either make the switch or find another UI. I've downloaded Bongos2 and the download includes the files found in Mazzle: Bongos2,Bongos2ActionBar,and Bongos2Options. In addition there are these files included in the download: Bongos2MapBar, Bongos2Rollbar, Bongos2XP, Bongos2Stats, and Bongos2CastBar. Should I simply not include the portions of bongos2 that are not included with the original version of Mazzle?
02-11-08, 09:52 AM   #29
howlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by viva View Post
Should I simply not include the portions of bongos2 that are not included with the original version of Mazzle?
That's what I did. I don't need the functionality of the other bongos modules.
02-11-08, 03:42 PM   #30
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
Howlin you mention hiding bars that comprise the context menu. The only way I've discovered to hide bars which have something in them is to make them really small and then have them disappear except when they are mouseovered. I stuck them in an area where I dont think I will mouseover often and thus they will stay hidden. Is there a more elligant way to not show the bars?
02-12-08, 02:33 AM   #31
howlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
When you open the Bongos option window there is a tab marked 'visibility'.
In that tab there is a checkbox for each actionbar.
Tick the Bars you want to see and untick the ones you want to hide.

Hope that helps,
Howlin'
02-12-08, 01:24 PM   #32
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

the main problem with bongos2 and mazzleUI is the way bongos fills its bars.

It works based on the maximum possible action ID that can be used for that bar, rather than the last actual ID used. Effectively, you can change the size of the bar without altering any of the other bars, regardless how many bars you have opened. I believe Mazzle modified this to make it work by actual ID rather than maxID. It's not an easy thing to change because everything about bongos basically works around that fact. I was nearly done before my account ran out of time. I was hoping deTard would have it done before I came back... Apparently not. So if anyone wants to take up that project I'll gladly share the things I learned working on it.

Once the change from MaxID to ActionID is finished the rest of the changes shouldn't be too problematic. Rest assured however, there is no way for the Mazzifier to work correctly with any unmodified version of Bongos. I think I also know why the problem with the pet bar is occuring in Mazzle's current version of Bongos, but I'd prefer to modify a new, cleaner version of bongos, than need to fix the old one every time an action bar change comes out without Mazzle working on the project herself. Of course if she were to take the project up again this entire task would prove a fairly moot point.. Or if I reactivated my account.

Why does it seem like everyone seriously working on MazzleUI vanishes before all the quirks are worked out?
02-14-08, 08:23 PM   #33
Corlandith
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Malinoric View Post
Why does it seem like everyone seriously working on MazzleUI vanishes before all the quirks are worked out?
Does look that way...

Weird problems for me... fortunately I have the same setup on my laptop as well to copy from...

Did a clean reinstall of WoW on my main rig, and decided to reinstall the interface from scratch... followed the instructions on Detard's page... but Mazzle doesn't pop up when I log in, and /mazzify doesn't seem to work... I did remmeber to mark it to load out of date addons... but it's not loading for some reason, even when I try to force it.
02-17-08, 11:38 AM   #34
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

bugsack errors?
02-21-08, 10:40 AM   #35
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
I've been working to Mazzify Bongos2. I believe I should be able to complete this work within the next week or two. Combined with the patches above this should allow Mazzle to work fully with Bongos2.

A couple caveats though:
- The layout system in Bongos2 has a max buttons per bar of 120/(# of bars). I have not yet checked to see if any of the layouts pass this limit.

- Bongos3 is due out (according to the author) soon and he's changed the profile structure again so we'll have to change mazzle again to use this version when it's released. The upside though is that the bars can have an arbitrary number of buttons based on the number that are available. This is the way the mazzle version of bongos1 works.

- Many of the layouts in Mazzlfier_Layouts will need changes due to changes in paging and stances in Bongos2. I don't have a way to test most of these changes without help.

If possible I would like access to the beta forums to help with testing and bug fixes for the Bongos2 mazzification code as I am sure it will need tweaking due to the changes that will be needed to the layouts.
02-21-08, 01:32 PM   #36
Balthazaer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
Lot's of informative text
That's awesome dude!
I wish i had the know how about making addons and helping you guys with stuff like this.

But the foremost i'm so happy to see that the community is refusing to let mazzle die a slow death!

Go MAzzleUI!

GO WOW COMMUNITY!
02-21-08, 11:37 PM   #37
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
I've been working to Mazzify Bongos2. I believe I should be able to complete this work within the next week or two. Combined with the patches above this should allow Mazzle to work fully with Bongos2.

A couple caveats though:
- The layout system in Bongos2 has a max buttons per bar of 120/(# of bars). I have not yet checked to see if any of the layouts pass this limit.

- Bongos3 is due out (according to the author) soon and he's changed the profile structure again so we'll have to change mazzle again to use this version when it's released. The upside though is that the bars can have an arbitrary number of buttons based on the number that are available. This is the way the mazzle version of bongos1 works.

- Many of the layouts in Mazzlfier_Layouts will need changes due to changes in paging and stances in Bongos2. I don't have a way to test most of these changes without help.

If possible I would like access to the beta forums to help with testing and bug fixes for the Bongos2 mazzification code as I am sure it will need tweaking due to the changes that will be needed to the layouts.
Intriguing. If you get it done and Tuller gives permission, I'll put it in and release another version of the core pack.

Just FYI, there's more than just the paging mechanism that's different. There are also places in my version of Bongos that calls code in MazzleUI.
02-22-08, 11:45 AM   #38
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Aethenelle, I tried what you're trying to do now, and had it working under that system, so let me save you the time... The Max button per bar setup will prevent the context menu from working... the only way to get bongos2 to function with MazzleUI is to change the way it works completely... Everything that calls on the GetMaxSize and GetMaxID functions needs to be modified to use GetSize and GetEndID. Similarly, the paging system needs to be modified to work with a new system.

Bongos not only limits the number of allowed buttons to 120/bars, but each bar takes that many IDs. For example, if there are 8 bars, each bar will have a maxSize of 15. The first bar would start at one, and regardless of it's size, the next bar would have a starting ID of 16. Effectively, under any layout in Bongos2, the 32 Ids reserved for the context menu are also in use by the last few bongos bars. The only way to fix this is to heavily modify bongos. Things I've noted that use maxID are paging, bar setup, bar placement, scroll bars for the total number of bars and the size of each bar, and probably a few other things that I didn't get time to check up on...

I had a copy of bongos in which everything but initial bar placement was at least functional with mazzleUI. The context menu was working, layouts were only using the first 40-60 action IDs, and the paging system was working. I also managed it without introducing any new variables to the config files, and managed to pull it off with only minimal Mazzifier changes.

Do you want to let me help you out with this? I don't have a WoW account to work on this at the moment, or it would already be done. That doesn't mean I can't lend what knowledge I have in helping you finish the project.

Last edited by Malinoric : 02-22-08 at 11:55 AM.
02-22-08, 03:21 PM   #39
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Mazzle - I've been working with him to figure this out so i don't see a reason he wouldn't other than license incompatibilities.

Malinoric - I should have suspected something like that when I was told Bongos2 doesn't support custom bar sizes even though you can set the bar size in the UI. I have a couple ideas for a kludge to get around this, though they'll take some research into Bongos2 code.

I actually started trying to get he petbar to work properly in Mazzle's Bongos as well but decided it would be better to update the mazzifier to Bongos2 so we'd wind up with a smaller codebase to support.

The context menu is a twist I hadn't expected... I was under the impression it didn't use action bar slots but i probably read something wrong or got it confused with ActionBar (which if I'm still bored once i finish Bongos2/3 will probably be my next stop). One kludge free solution would be to skip the context menu and use the newer version of ActionBar but that, from what I've read in these forums, would be a rather unpopular idea (of the "grab pitch forks and torches and load up the microbus" variety

The only other problem I know of is the BC spells. The extension that was suppose to include the new spells misses many. Some are placed only in certain layouts (a shadow priest spell though i forget which), others (Cloak of Shadows) are missing entirely. This is complicated by the context menu and barsize problems mentioned above.

Given these last two hurdles the only solution may be to wait for Bongos3 which would fix the context menu problem and at least allow for everyone to add the BC spells by hand the way they have been for some time.
02-22-08, 04:23 PM   #40
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh, then I misread your post. I figured you already had all the stuff Malinoric mentioned completed and then some. If you don't, then it's the same situation as before, b/c those things are the meat of the issue. The context menu aspect is fairly trivial to fix if those other things are working. And the kludges you're considering probably won't work with some of the layouts that already use almost all the available IDs.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Havent seen Detard much ..Bongos2?