02-20-10, 11:17 AM   #1
Feataur
A Defias Bandit
Option for Routes w/Epic Flying

Can you put in an option to enable/disable routing for people with Epic/Cold Weather Flying?

I have a few friends that just go their Epic Flying but still have a ton of questing to do and sometimes prefer using the Flight Points as opposed to just flying straight there.

02-21-10, 01:54 PM   #2
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Feataur View Post
Can you put in an option to enable/disable routing for people with Epic/Cold Weather Flying?

I have a few friends that just go their Epic Flying but still have a ton of questing to do and sometimes prefer using the Flight Points as opposed to just flying straight there.
On the carb minimized map if you right click it you can choose to use travel routing. You can also enable this in the options window.

02-21-10, 02:12 PM   #3
Feataur
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
On the carb minimized map if you right click it you can choose to use travel routing. You can also enable this in the options window.
Yes, but if you have Epic/Cold Weather Flying it won't use the flight masters at all, no matter what setting you have.

From Thread on Flying

Yes, that is what it does. It should be working, except it does need to be adjusted for the fact that the standard flying mount is now faster in the calculation. Epic flyer bypasses Flightmasters.
And I'd like a way to turn that option OFF.

05-28-11, 01:39 PM   #4
Voltec
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is this something that is being worked on? When I am traveling extensively (like working on Archeology), I'd prefer to fly to the nearest taxi, set it to fly to hte nearest taxi to my destination and then take it from the landing point to the final destination.

Yes, admittedly I might waste some time in doing so, but I like that a whole lot better than navigating a 5-8 minute cross continent flight. At least I can check my phone while I am flying via taxi...

So... for those of us that do have epics, it may not be absolutely about speed... can we have the option to use a slightly LESS optimized route that includes the best taxi route?

Thanks!

01-17-12, 07:40 AM   #5
wildcard25
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In Carbonite 4.3 replace lines 22275 - 22276

if IsAltKeyDown() then
rid1=0

with

if rid1 > 225 and not IsAltKeyDown() then
rid1=225

This will give you travel routing at all flying speeds.
Pressing Alt will now show your most direct path, but only if you can fly there faster than using the Flight Masters.

And if you prefer to just have an 'as the crow flies' pointer, you can turn off travel routing

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Option for Routes w/Epic Flying